Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2024 12:17:19 PM EDT
I was wondering how long it takes the final decree to be issued once submitted. I filed for divorce 35 days ago and the petition for final decree was filed with the court a few days ago. Just curious as to peoples wait time after that fo the final decree to come.

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:09:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Got divorced in Camden, Co. in 1988, so I'm no help.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:17:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By birdbarian:
Got divorced in Camden, Co. in 1988, so I'm no help.
View Quote

Im a repeat offender… got divorced in Cobb in 99. Actually appeared in court for the final disposition and testify. That was a no fault thing also.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:17:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: southerncross] [#3]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 7:35:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By southerncross:
I'm gonna talk outta my ass on this one but at one time it was 28-31 days from time of signing the final documentation.

Mine was in 2012 and it was 31 days.
View Quote

Thanks! Yeah it has been the 30 days since I filed and the n the lawyer filed for the final decree on day 31. Just wondering what the avg time is for the judge to sign off.

When I did this before in Cobb I had a hearing on day 31 with the judge. He signed off then and there.  Looks like things are different this time round.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:08:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Two days in my case… Lawyer did not notify me till today.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top