Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2024 9:07:41 PM EDT
So, I did a thing I’ve been wanting to do for years - I purchased a 4Runner. A 2024 Limited. She’s a beautiful well-built gas-guzzling beast, and I love it.

Curious if there are any other 4Runner patriots here, too. If so, chime in! If not, which freedom-loving state did you move to because this freakin’ communist state is eating away at my very soul.

Anyways… I’m coming up on my first oil change and rotation interval and would love to hear feedback about dealer service departments in the upstate area. Leaning towards Clifton Park Toyota and Northway Toyota as I hear both of these places don’t do drive up quick lube service and instead only take scheduled appointments with actual techs, but I have absolutely ZERO personal experience with any Toyota service (yet). I’d do the service myself, but I recently had surgery and can’t do any wrenching for a while unfortunately.

In other words, I don’t want some untrained rookie over torquing everything into oblivion, lol.

Input greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 6:34:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a great run with Toyotas…’00 4Runner limited, ‘08 FJ Cruiser, ‘15 Tacoma TRD Off Road and then a ‘18 Tundra TRD Off Road. But I’m in a ragtop Bronco now. Let me know if you find any good spots to get wild.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:15:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I almost went with the Bronco, but in the end, I got several thousand of the price of the new 4Runner (5th Gen) that I couldn't pass it up.

It will be interesting to see what the 6th Gens look like and how their engine/transmission combo play together.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:02:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I just traded a 2017 4runner limited for a GX460. Had no isssues with the runner or any toyata service. You can get a decent console safe that bolts right in for the 4runner.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 3:52:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#4]
Originally Posted By Skywarner:

Curious if there are any other 4Runner patriots here, too. If so, chime in! If not, which freedom-loving state did you move to because this freakin’ communist state is eating away at my very soul.

View Quote

Missouri for now. Moving out of country late summer.

I have a 2023 offroad premium. Replaced the tires at 53 miles. Added sliders and I tinted everything but the sunroof. I average 16-20 mpg, but I didn't buy it for fuel efficiency.

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 7:02:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everyone for the great info and the tips, both 4Runner and Escape from New York, lol.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 8:17:24 AM EDT
[#6]
You want to test your skills come down to here….

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/nfsnc/recreation/ohv/recarea/?recid=78483&actid=93

And yes gtfo out Nys…
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:07:03 AM EDT
[#7]
If you wanna go out with some 'wheelers, check out Finger Lakes 4x4 .  I was a member for many years, even before the name change (Used to be Team Mud Nuts).  Went on lots of wheeling trips, they're a knowledgeable group of wheelers.  They used to put on a 4x4 101 event in Phelps/Lyons, which was great for newbies.  I attended one of those to help out the stock people, and it's where I found out a Ford Raptor was almost as good on the trails as my Bronco (1994).  Almost.  My turning radius was far superior.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top