Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2024 2:56:43 PM EDT
I am looking to make some purchases but I am always concerned that I will buy a bunch of shells I can't use.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 5:22:13 PM EDT
[#1]
You stated will not comply incorrectly
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 12:35:42 AM EDT
[#2]
"Lead free" ammunition mandate for Hunting in NYS is coming soon...very soon.
The Cornell Co-Operative students writing white papers of the evils of Lead ammunition relying on white papers written by students a decade ago who wrote their theists from papers written two decades ago without actual scientific field studies will dictate to the Legislature (that hates hunters and hunting anyway) that horrific irreversible damage will occur to Fish, wildlife, water, land and air if they don't ban the use of an element that's naturally found.
There's damn little ammunition out there that's 100% lead free, and what is, is very expensive...Barns Bullets are solid copper and absolutely outstanding in accuracy and terminal effects, but they are expensive to handload compared to many traditional billets.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 7:52:29 AM EDT
[#3]
It passed both houses last year but never made it to the guvernors desk.
Will probably pass again this year, although I haven't seen it yet.
Incredible that we can't take back even one of the 3 houses in this state with all the stupid stuff going on.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 8:44:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Is it just for hunting on state land or state wide? I did load up some Barnes  copper bullets ( yes, pricey) for the 450B just to have. But damn if one has to purchase it as loaded ammo it's really expensive. And one does have to practice and sight in firearms so it's not just a couple of rounds at stake.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 8:45:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Is it just for hunting on state land or state wide? I did load up some Barnes  copper bullets ( yes, pricey) for the 450B just to have. But damn if one has to purchase it as loaded ammo it's really expensive. And one does have to practice and sight in firearms so it's not just a couple of rounds at stake.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 9:58:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Their goal isn’t to save the environment

It’s to make it expensive so people can’t afford to participate in anything gun related
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I stocked up on hunting ammo and reloading components several years ago.

I wonder how well bullet inspection check points will go over...

Buy one box of lead free in your caliber, carry one round in your pocket, hand it over for inspection.  I have always been careful to follow the laws but as time goes on, it seems they just want to make everyone a criminal, but even being a "basic" criminal now only gets you a slip of paper with an appearance date on it.  Whatever.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By crwdplsr:
Their goal isn’t to save the environment

It’s to make it expensive so people can’t afford to participate in anything gun related
View Quote

This.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top