Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2023 7:34:45 AM EDT
PF Custom doesn’t seem to be up and running. Even if they were I don’t want to wait over a year.
Joe from Snake Eyes passed away.
Anyone decent left?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:54:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tarheel7734] [#1]
Galloway should still be around. What are you needing? Anything I have ever needed I couldn't do myself I have taken to them. If you need their phone number  (828) 222-2119
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#2]
On Target off Sweeten Creek Rd.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 1:19:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tarheel7734] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mountaintarheel:
On Target off Sweeten Creek Rd.
View Quote

I have had one target screw up stuff I have taken to them, so be careful with them as have friends. It was simple stuff as well.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Looking to get a barrel cut down and threaded.
I also have a SBS 870 that I’d like to go from 12” to 8”. That’s a lot of work though. I might send that one off to someone for it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a drive but Double H gunsmithing in Yanceyville is fantastic.

He did a barrel chop and pin and weld along with a dimple job for the gas block. His work is amazing.

Barrel is exactly cut at 13.7 and threads are suppressor safe. Concentric I think they call it.

Pretty sure Jeff retired from On Target leaving the biz with his son.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:09:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By tarheel7734:

I have had one target screw up stuff I have taken to them, so be careful with them as have friends. It was simple stuff as well.
View Quote

They have worked on a couple of my guns, with no problems. But I can see it happening.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 7:25:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Michael Merkur Riflemakers in Hendersonville.  Awesome work.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 5:44:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bruh44] [#8]
Originally Posted By desmo111:
View Quote

I'm just as close to Hendersonville as Asheville. This place has some good reviews. I think I'll give them a shot.
Thank you!
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 5:31:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By desmo111:
View Quote

Came here to post this
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 3:31:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bruh44] [#10]
Finally made it out to Michael Merkur Riflemakers. I like that place. Very friendly people. I’m surprised I never heard of it before. They’ve got some nice stuff. Didn’t seem too expensive either.
He was very up front on how long threading will take because he’s behind as I’m sure any gunsmith around here is.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:17:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DistanceX] [#11]
Originally Posted By bruh44:
Finally made it out to Michael Merkur Riflemakers. I like that place. Very friendly people. I’m surprised I never heard of it before. They’ve got some nice stuff. Didn’t seem too expensive either.
He was very up front on how long threading will take because he’s behind as I’m sure any gunsmith around here is.
View Quote

He's been around for a while.  1998, I was 17, took a Marlin 880SS to him for a front sight to match up with the rear peep sight.  I was just a dumb teenager that wanted a different front sight post to shoot the NC Wildlife Hunter Safety matches. He went into some detail about where I wanted my head to be vs the rear elevation adjustment and calculated the height needed for the front.

Think the mid-late 90's is when he started out in Hendersonville.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top