Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2024 6:57:42 PM EDT
Had a huge swarm that must be looking for a new home show up Monday night and basically creating a new hive in a tree.  

I've heard that guys that keep bees will come take them and rehome them.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Are they still there?  That’s a long time for a swarm to hang out.

I used to keep bees. I know people who still do.   Pics?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:28:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Still there, I figured they would be gone by now as well.  I will try to get pics, they are up there pretty good.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Pest guy came today and that one got on the porch, think he took a full dose.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:54:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Pic of the swarm?  High up in a tree?!…. Of course!  lol
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Former experimenter with bees. Never could keep a hive full to the next season. Lost the last two in the big freeze last spring.

If they're still there OP I know a few people I could point you to.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys, and yes they are way up there.  I won't get home tonight until after dark but I will check to see if they are still there tomorrow.  I was home at lunch and didn't notice much activity so maybe they have finally moved on.

appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kaizer27:
Thanks guys, and yes they are way up there.  I won't get home tonight until after dark but I will check to see if they are still there tomorrow.  I was home at lunch and didn't notice much activity so maybe they have finally moved on.

appreciate the help.
View Quote

Good news is they are at their calmest while swarming. No danger at all
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top