Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2021 9:02:43 AM EDT
I potentially have a trip to the London area soon (essential worker, so no 10-day isolation) and just was looking for some guidance on what to expect in terms of the covid restrictions and daily life.     It is of no concern that tourist activities are closed.

Site is not in the city center, but inside the M25 and north of LHR.   Is Watford a decent enough area in which to stay for a few weeks?  There don't look to be any of the major international hotel brands any closer.

From quick research there look to be a fair number of parks around, so I'm hoping to find some walking trails for the weekends.  

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Post the area you are staying, the raf museum in hendon is worth a day out.
Stay alert mate if you use the underground.
Atb
Mart
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 7:09:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Most everything will be shut, pubs, restaurants, most attractions. Walking trails are OK but you cannot really travel to find new ones, you should stay local so the same walk for a few weeks will start to get a bit boring (the area is mostly flat and built up but some parks - not the 'great outdoors').

If you can postpone for a few weeks things might have started to ease and then you'll have more options hopefully.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#3]
That is bad news about the trails, I live at ~2000m elevation and am accustomed to a few ups and downs.  

Postponing the trip is looking unlikely, even with everything going on.   We'll see, there are still lots of approvals needed from company management.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:21:33 PM EDT
[#4]
It is official, I tested positive for Covid on the required 72-hour before departure test so a colleague took my place and is staying through the duration.   Had no idea that I was "sick" at the time, and have since passed the required time period without symptoms.  

As a reward, I get to pick up the slack on his shit projects for the next several weeks.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top