Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2024 6:16:10 PM EDT
I am planning on visiting my oldest son the last 2 weeks of February. (yea, I know...damn yankee...)
I am going to have some idle time on my hands as he will be working a good portion of that time, and looking for a little diversionary day trip. Not sure what I'm bringing with me.
Can anyone from the area make any recommendations?
Anything else worthwhile visiting/seeing while we're in the area?
Bride and daughter will be driving down from New Jersey Venezuela.
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 4:57:16 AM EDT
[#1]
The closest will be The Govenors Shooting Range. I have never shot there and don’t know if you can even shoot there as a non-member.

There are a few ranges a little bit more south but the story is the same, I have never shot there.

In Acworth there is a fantastic pizza/gelato joint:
Pizza by Fuscos.

Right down the block is a great bookstore too. It’s very old school with a huge selection of military and ancient history books. You don’t find many places like this anymore.

In Cartersville there are a few museums you should check out (in order):

1. Booth Western Art Museum.
2. Bartow County History Museum. Adjacent to Booth.
3. The Savoy Auto museum. It’s good, but small for a car museum.
4. The Tellus Museum. Great for kids and adults.

All are funded by the same wealthy individual who produces world class museums that rival anything on the national mall.

The Southern Museum of railroad and civil war history is a must see. If you’ve got enough free time I really recommend the Coke museum in downtown. Yeah, I know, they’re Woke with a capital W but it really is done well. I’m not a soda drinker but it’s interesting to see the history and then taste all the products from around the globe.

In Emerson there is a good diner called Doug’s that is definitely worth a visit. It’s an old shack they keep adding on to and the food is good, breakfast or lunch.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 3:16:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By esa17:
The closest will be The Govenors Shooting Range. I have never shot there and don’t know if you can even shoot there as a non-member.

There are a few ranges a little bit more south but the story is the same, I have never shot there.

In Acworth there is a fantastic pizza/gelato joint:
Pizza by Fuscos.

Right down the block is a great bookstore too. It’s very old school with a huge selection of military and ancient history books. You don’t find many places like this anymore.

In Cartersville there are a few museums you should check out (in order):

1. Booth Western Art Museum.
2. Bartow County History Museum. Adjacent to Booth.
3. The Savoy Auto museum. It’s good, but small for a car museum.
4. The Tellus Museum. Great for kids and adults.

All are funded by the same wealthy individual who produces world class museums that rival anything on the national mall.

The Southern Museum of railroad and civil war history is a must see. If you’ve got enough free time I really recommend the Coke museum in downtown. Yeah, I know, they’re Woke with a capital W but it really is done well. I’m not a soda drinker but it’s interesting to see the history and then taste all the products from around the globe.

In Emerson there is a good diner called Doug’s that is definitely worth a visit. It’s an old shack they keep adding on to and the food is good, breakfast or lunch.
View Quote

Whats the name of the bookstore?
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By billth777:

Whats the name of the bookstore?
View Quote

Acworth Bookstore & Coffeeshop according to google.

I forgot to mention, Henrys is an excellent place to eat also.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 6:27:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By esa17:

I forgot to mention, Henrys is an excellent place to eat also.
View Quote

Take your spouse and she'll get "beaded" by Henry hissownself without even having to show her ta ta's.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 7:28:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By spongebobkatpants:

Take your spouse and she'll get "beaded" by Henry hissownself without even having to show her ta ta's.
View Quote

As well as your kids. Henry is a good dude.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top