Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2024 4:12:00 PM EDT
I want one big steel target to put at 400 yards.  

At that distance, normal rifle rounds, (not 50bmg)  3/8” plate is sufficient.

I’m thinking 36” square is big enough but the usual target makers don’t list a target that size.

I found a 4’x8’ AR500 plate (3/8”) locally for $1,500.  The cost is $3 a pound.

Any suggestion on where I go from here?  Maybe split the sheet with another person, or someone here already has a 1/2 sheet to sell?

This stuff was .90 a pound in 2018…
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:03:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Reach out to Bluegrass targets. Justin is a great dude and will take care of you. A larger version of his "sighting target" might be right for you
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:57:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I spoke with Justin and he is indeed a very knowledgeable and helpful person.  Our only hang up is shipping a 144 pound piece of steel.  He is trying to work out a ride for this target and I should hear back from him by Friday.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:06:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AR_Cowboy:
I spoke with Justin and he is indeed a very knowledgeable and helpful person.  Our only hang up is shipping a 144 pound piece of steel.  He is trying to work out a ride for this target and I should hear back from him by Friday.
View Quote

I've heard about a few people using Fastenal with good luck, having things like tires or machinery shipped.  They offer space available shipping on their trucks.  https://www.fastenal.com/fast/blue-lane-freight

mm
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:47:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AR_Cowboy:
View Quote

Where in Tx are you? Not sure if Justin is going to CW Deep Swamp but if so I can give it a ride back to houston and I'm in austin often enough. Think some Dallas bros are driving also.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:25:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m in Sanger north of DFW.  

Right now we are shipping UPS to the hub in Denton and I will pick up there.

Thanks for the offer to pick up though.

Y’all be safe!
Top Top