Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2023 9:29:47 PM EDT
So I got suckered in to a group buy for AR lowers that were engraved with my old unit emblem from my enlisted days. Now I already have two ARs with 556 chambers, a 16 and 20".

I have no interest in a 300BO or even the 6.5, 6.8 whatever. I am, however, looking for a round that will still fit a standard mag like the 458 SOCOM or even the 25-45 sharps. I think this would be a dedicated hunting rig whatever I build but I'd like to try something not standard AR fair.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 8:16:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Personally I’d look at the 6mm ARC. The.458 and.460 are great hunting rounds now that manufacturers have gotten better bullets out for them over the pistol bullets available when they were first introduced. I have a buddy that did the .25/45 sharps round and it has ended up sitting in the gun safe after he did the 6mm arc. If you have access to prairie dogs the.204 Ruger is a blast.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 12:44:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I assembled a 6x45 upper about 12 years back, used a 20" stoner barrel from midway iirc for bout 100 bucks,

You can buy ammo, but i reload mine, use ww 223 and lakecity brass, speer 100gr btsp and Hornady vmax, works good enough on🦌 in the woods.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top