Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2024 11:34:58 AM EDT
LOL cannot make this stuff up! In the journal rag.

The $100 million-plus Red Rock Legacy Trail project received $1 million in federal funding to push the project toward becoming a reality.

During a news conference on State Route 159 on Friday, Rep. Susan Lee, Andrew Bennett, director of the Clark County Office of Traffic Safety, and Nevada Department of Transportation spokesman Justin Hopkins were on hand during a ceremonial check presentation.

The trail features plans for a shared-use pathway from Summerlin to Red Rock Canyon and to widen state Route 159 near Red Rock Canyon.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Susie Lee, getting it done for Nevada!
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:45:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Political season is upon us and that means the powers that be start giving away stuff. This country is doomed.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:10:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LVJD:
Political season is upon us and that means the powers that be start giving away stuff. This country is doomed.
View Quote

For real, $100M for a trail! That is more than an entire interstate system a few years ago. This is complete corruption.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:13:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By CavScout:
LOL cannot make this stuff up! In the journal rag.

The $100 million-plus Red Rock Legacy Trail project received $1 million in federal funding to push the project toward becoming a reality.

During a news conference on State Route 159 on Friday, Rep. Susan Lee, Andrew Bennett, director of the Clark County Office of Traffic Safety, and Nevada Department of Transportation spokesman Justin Hopkins were on hand during a ceremonial check presentation.

The trail features plans for a shared-use pathway from Summerlin to Red Rock Canyon and to widen state Route 159 near Red Rock Canyon.
View Quote

So $1,000,000 of federal funding to provide outdoor opportunities upsets us now?
I’d rather see the full $100 M be coming from the federal government to create these trails than sending it plenty of other places.   Too many people trash the outdoors and $100M could go a long way in cleaning it up.

Thankfully I live outside Clark County so this isn’t a direct impact on my life.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:14:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: durtychemist] [#5]
Originally Posted By CavScout:

For real, $100M for a trail! That is more than an entire interstate system a few years ago. This is complete corruption.
View Quote

You didn’t even read the article you posted.   They’re given ONE million. Not One Hundred.

https://redrocklegacytrails.com

Things aren’t free. Construction. Planning.  Design.  This isn’t just some volunteer group using shovels for a few hours.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:17:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By durtychemist:

You didn’t even read the article you posted.   They’re given ONE million. Not One Hundred.

https://redrocklegacytrails.com

Things aren’t free. Construction. Planning.  Design.  This isn’t just some volunteer group using shovels for a few hours.
View Quote

I read the article, you think $99 million is coming from donations? LOL you gotta be kidding me and for a trail. I will build them one for $50 million and it will last 2 lifetimes.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:36:49 PM EDT
[#7]
The fees for the parks were supposed to go to support and improve the parks. That park is a money maker and the fees are finally coming back to the park.
Top Top