Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2022 3:07:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NotIssued]
been here 2 weeks.  4 days left.  Any recommendations?  Work til 6pm....

Been to Polynesian Cultural Center, the Waikiki zoo and aquarium.   Waikiki and Maui Brew Co. restaurants.  Hitting beaches at K-bay tomorrow.  not a big fan of sushi and poke.  Been to the rum distillery.

Not sure if I'll have  full day off.  Any way to hike to those crazy mountain ridges?

Edit... I saw someone!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:55:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, saw it too late. Many of us don't bother to check in frequently.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 2:33:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Brundoggie:
View Quote

Outside of mine, yours is the only other BFL I've seen kn island.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 6:29:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Jdawg_Valdez:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jdawg_Valdez:
Originally Posted By Brundoggie:

Not mine, I don't have one on my truck and I live on the Big Island.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 5:06:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I know this is way too late, but my favorite thing to do on Oahu is shark cage diving. North Shore Shark Adventures. Super fun, and doesn't take the whole day.

Then again, I'm a big shark fan. Make sure you take an underwater camera. And last I checked it was less than $100!
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 2:23:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By zapthycat:
I know this is way too late, but my favorite thing to do on Oahu is shark cage diving. North Shore Shark Adventures. Super fun, and doesn't take the whole day.

Then again, I'm a big shark fan. Make sure you take an underwater camera. And last I checked it was less than $100!
View Quote

@zapthycat

I actually heard about that while I was there.  Sounds cool, but not for me.

Is this SCUBA?  Cuz my family and I aren't trained in that.  And I can't equalize my ears for crap under about 4' of pressure (way too many ear infections and surgeries as a kid).  Snorkeling is about as deep as I go, with the really rare dive down 6-8 feet.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By NotIssued:

@zapthycat

I actually heard about that while I was there.  Sounds cool, but not for me.

Is this SCUBA?  Cuz my family and I aren't trained in that.  And I can't equalize my ears for crap under about 4' of pressure (way too many ear infections and surgeries as a kid).  Snorkeling is about as deep as I go, with the really rare dive down 6-8 feet.
View Quote

Nope! You just snorkel in a biiiig shark cage that's moored offshore a couple miles. They use the same boats that the crab fishermen use, so the sharks are attracted to the idea of offal being dumped. They don't chum the water at all though. You can actually pay a lot less and stay in the boat and see the sharks JUST FINE. If you DO do this, go for the early morning one. You'll see more sharks for sure.

I'm like you when it comes to SCUBA, I can't take the pressure going more than a few feet down.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By zapthycat:

Nope! You just snorkel in a biiiig shark cage that's moored offshore a couple miles. They use the same boats that the crab fishermen use, so the sharks are attracted to the idea of offal being dumped. They don't chum the water at all though. You can actually pay a lot less and stay in the boat and see the sharks JUST FINE. If you DO do this, go for the early morning one. You'll see more sharks for sure.

I'm like you when it comes to SCUBA, I can't take the pressure going more than a few feet down.
View Quote

Sweet!  Next vacati....er.... TAD orders.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top