Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2023 8:47:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bpm990d]
2024 Maine High Power Rifle Schedule

No excuses not to find somthing you can participate in, there are more matches than a box of Diamond Strike Anywhere.

Link Posted: 4/28/2023 6:15:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 5:17:19 PM EDT
[#2]
First across-the-course match of the year was at Scarborough today. Very sporty wind for the off hand portion of the match.

200 yards - Off Hand: Scarborough F&G 2023.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 11:39:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:54:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By glmf40:
Does the wind make it harder for holding steady as well? Seems like it would
View Quote

Oh yes, quite a bit in off-hand. On real windy days, you can get buffeted by gusts even in the prone position. Much greater effect on the shooter than the bullet at short range, but once you get to 300 yards and especially at 600, the bullets do get effected a fair amount with changes in wind and mirage.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:21:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm up in the county. Always wanted to attend maybe someday compete in a highpower.

What time do the events run?

I don't have a competitive service rifle, just a few 16" and 11.5" Duty rifles.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 10:51:31 AM EDT
[#6]
@campower

Sorry I did not see your post. Here is a link to the 2024 Schedule.

Closest thing to the county is Hampden near Bangor. Typically they start at 9, which means show up by 8:30. Pine Tree State Rifle & Pistol has some service rifles we can loan out for the matches, but a 16" should be fine. You would want some decent match ammo (75gr HPBT or similar) for the 600 yard stage.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top