Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2023 10:02:43 PM EDT
Anybody have any info on who, or where, does some 2 or 3 gun shoots around central KY. I’ve never done one, it looks like a good time and a fun way to work on marksmanship.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 7:27:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Bluegrass Sportsmans Leauge has 2 and 3 gun matches.  Check their calendar.  www.bgsl-inc.com

Owensboro Pistol and Rifle has 3 gun matches that you can also shoot in 2 gun division.  www.orpci.org

Irvington Sportsmans Club has 2 gun matches.   Google it- I can't remember their website.

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 7:37:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you have to be a member of the blue grass sportsman league?
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 12:03:03 PM EDT
[#3]
You do not have to be a member to shoot matches.  I think they require you to have shot "action pistol" (USPSA or IDPA) prior to a 2 or 3 gun match.  Just to be familiar with range commands and movement with loaded gun before introducing multiple loaded guns.

You do have to be a member to use the range outside of matches I believe.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 6:21:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BPR:
You do not have to be a member to shoot matches.  I think they require you to have shot "action pistol" (USPSA or IDPA) prior to a 2 or 3 gun match.  Just to be familiar with range commands and movement with loaded gun before introducing multiple loaded guns.

You do have to be a member to use the range outside of matches I believe.
View Quote

Thanks. I’m really wanting to get in to something more than just plinking.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 9:32:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I started shooting USPSA pistol matches in about 1999.  I got heavy into 3 gun around 2008 and have shot it since.  There is no more productive or fun time on the range than one of the movement based competitions.  Everything else seems like a waste of ammo and time now.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 11:30:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been to a couple of matches at Irvington. Great group of dudes there.

(Careful - some of them may have a bolt-face sticker on their vehicle.)
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 10:19:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By CreativeBall:

View Quote

Yep, there are a few of us out there with stickers.  

We are continuing to have our 2 gun "fun" matches through February, but will start keeping seasonal points in March.  2 gun matches are held on the first Saturday of the month and we will have a match this upcoming weekend.  For those that are interested, PM me and I will pass along a Practiscore registration link.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 11:20:28 PM EDT
[#8]
There's a forecast of snow for this weekend. I don't want to seem like a.wuss, but will they still have the event at Irvington if its snowing and or raining?
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 11:23:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CreativeBall] [#9]
Double tap
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 6:28:45 PM EDT
[#10]
There's a forecast of snow for this weekend. I don't want to seem like a.wuss, but will they still have the event at Irvington if its snowing and or raining?
View Quote

Yeah, it is not looking very promising and as of now the number of signups are pretty limited as well.  There may be a good chance that we cancel this weekends match with both of those factors coming into play, and working instead on range props, etc.  If that is the case, I will let you know here ASAP.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:36:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: richiemfmead] [#11]
+1 for Irvington. Been going for a long time, just had to take last year off due to some knee issues.

They have monthly 2 gun (rifle/handgun), pistol, and PCC matches, I believe March through November, then Dec - Feb 2 gun only if memory serves right.

Next is this Sat, 6th 9am

Registration link (will need to make free account for Practiscore) https://practiscore.com/isc-2-gun-january-2024/register

Irvington, KY 40146

Link Posted: 1/4/2024 10:50:06 AM EDT
[#12]
...one of these days.......
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#13]
FYI 2 gun at Irvington cancelled for Saturday, just got the email. Resources will be on site to build new structures, assistance always welcomed.

Link Posted: 1/4/2024 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By richiemfmead:
FYI 2 gun at Irvington cancelled for Saturday, just got the email. Resources will be on site to build new structures, assistance always welcomed.

View Quote

I was still pondering registering or not - I think the snow/ice threat may have abated?
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 10:25:57 AM EDT
[#15]
2 gun will pick back up in February on the first Saturday of the month.  We will be working off-site tomorrow at a members place building additional walls for the upcoming season for both pistol and 2 gun.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By richiemfmead:

View Quote

Lol they cancelled in part to weather
Then asked people for work help?
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Same. Hoping that they do night matches again this year.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 10:18:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By craig24680:

Lol they cancelled in part to weather
Then asked people for work help?
View Quote

Correct, signup numbers were low and along with the weather it was cancelled.  All matches are put on by volunteer help, and this past weekend our RO's spent the time instead building walls for our upcoming 2 gun and pistol seasons which will both officially start in March.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 10:05:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By KYSPIKED:

Correct, signup numbers were low and along with the weather it was cancelled.  All matches are put on by volunteer help, and this past weekend our RO's spent the time instead building walls for our upcoming 2 gun and pistol seasons which will both officially start in March.
View Quote

Good job RO's, I bet you guys probably could have used a little help.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top