Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2024 11:13:55 AM EDT
Doing a search on Columbia-area firearms dealers outside the usual PSA/Academy/SportsmansWhorehouse/Shooters Choice/etc. this listing came up.

Not familiar with Pistols Plus on Longtown Rd.

Anyone?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:38:44 PM EDT
[#1]
They're a Lipsey's dealer.  

I had a strange interaction with a floor staffer at Shooters Choice today.  I went in to check whether a certain revolver is available at Lipsey's.  The first guy knew what I was asking and put me in line to speak with one of the managers.  A second floor guy, non-manager, comes up to help.  I handed the second staffer a printout of a Lipsey's exclusive S&W revolver and asked "Is this item orderable at Lipsey's?"  The guy looked at me like I had three heads and was like "What are you even asking me?"  And wanted to argue with me about what I was asking, why, and generally denying Lipsey's was a thing .. while holding a printout from Lipsey's.  Apparently the guy's never been asked to order a gun and had no idea what Lipsey's is.  He took me over to the store manager who knew exactly what I was asking and did the lookup.

Add the mouthy New Yorker who popped off at me while I was trying to enter another store with him blocking both doors, it was a strange afternoon.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:03:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Lipsey also reps IWI stuff.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:05:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MitchbSC:[/img]

I had a strange interaction with a floor staffer at Shooters Choice today.  I went in to check whether a certain revolver is available at Lipsey's.  The first guy knew what I was asking and put me in line to speak with one of the managers.  A second floor guy, non-manager, comes up to help.  I handed the second staffer a printout of a Lipsey's exclusive S&W revolver and asked "Is this item orderable at Lipsey's?"  The guy looked at me like I had three heads and was like "What are you even asking me?"  And wanted to argue with me about what I was asking, why, and generally denying Lipsey's was a thing .. while holding a printout from Lipsey's.  Apparently the guy's never been asked to order a gun and had no idea what Lipsey's is.  He took me over to the store manager who knew exactly what I was asking and did the lookup.
View Quote

That place might have gotten a makeover but some things never change. Never.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:13:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I've bought 2 firearms from them.  Very nice people and I didn't complain about the prices.  They are also very close to my area, so I also enjoy the convenience.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:47:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#5]
Here's a selected review from their Google listing:

Terrible customer service. When I asked a question to the salesperson not only did the salesman give me the answer, the fat fella in the back room answered rudely as well.

Response from the owner3 years ago
Erick, I am sorry that you had a bad experience, and feel the need to call people names. We told you that the magazine would work in your firearm. you got upset when we told you that you could not open the sealed packaging and try it in your firearm even though the packaging stated on the outside that the magazine was for a P365 XL. Again I am sorry that you did not have a good experience with us today.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:57:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Erick should try ordering what he needs at Shooters Choice.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top