Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2024 11:36:26 AM EDT
In November of 2021 the owner of Coastal Firearms was charged with involuntary manslaughter after he shot in the face and killed an employee with what he thought was a replica BB pistol when in fact it was a real firearm. As of a year ago the wife of the deceased filed a second civil suit against the owner Jon Whitley and as of a year ago the business still has their FFL.

The ATF says they are waiting the results of a criminal trial before taking any action.

There doesn't seem to be any movement forward in terms of a criminal investigation or trial.

I have no idea if Coastal Firearms is actually open for business not that I would darken their door if they were.

This news piece is one year old.

https://www.live5news.com/2022/08/18/gun-store-maintains-federal-license-sell-after-deadly-firearm-prank-atf-waiting-act/

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:03:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Its owned by a reserve deputy that used to do all charleston countys transfers and buy their decommissioned firearms. Maybe a lil special treatment
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:18:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

Is this where it used to be? Or does Google have the address wrong?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty sure that is the location. I have never been there but remember it being on highway 41 towards Huger.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:10:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Want to say it was on cainhoy road.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:23:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By UrbancommandoX:
Want to say it was on cainhoy road.
View Quote

You’re correct, I was mistaken about 41 since it’s the same general area.

According to this website, their FFL is expired

https://www.ffls.com/ffl/157015012k01100/j-w-inc
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top