Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#1]
This is the road in front of my house.  you can't tell how steep this hill is by the pictures.
" />
" />

Some joy riding Hillbillies. Fail! i didn't have anything to pull them out with except my tractor and tractors don't do good on icy hills.
" />
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 2:39:30 PM EDT
[#2]
It was blizzarding today for us here in Maryville. And classes weren't cancelled, so I had to make my way to school. Thank God for Audi.

Link Posted: 2/18/2015 2:39:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quite a few trees down here in Maryville.  Power stayed on, but many friends did not.  Going to the church tonight to cook for those in the cold.

Friday looks to be round 2
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My hour commute was 2 1/2 hours this morning . I-65 north shut down @ OHB  . Somebody successfully parked their Chevy Silverado on top of the guardrail
View Quote

Somebody did that here too in Knoxville!

Astounded at how much ice is in the back yard.  It's hard enough and thick enough to skate on in places.  Another round of bitter cold tonight, but I got some beer to keep me warm.

I predict a teenage baby boom in November.

Link Posted: 2/19/2015 1:13:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Yesterday I drove my 4door f150 into the woods and it didn't make ruts. We could hardly see where the tires had been.

Link Posted: 2/19/2015 11:33:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Hiking is still my only option for getting out to the main road.

Forecast is for another round of this mess, tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 11:48:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Haha I woke up this morning thinking it was Friday.  Cabin fever is setting in big time today.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 11:59:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Haha I woke up this morning thinking it was Friday.  Cabin fever is setting in big time today.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

UPS is scheduled to deliver a package, tomorrow.  I'm expecting it to be rescheduled for Monday.

Link Posted: 2/19/2015 12:18:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm screwed up too , working a bunch of OT gets my days cluster f*ckerd . Ready to hit the brakes !
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 3:13:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in Clarksville. My neighborhood is pretty flat. No problems getting in and out. Then the assholes from the city plowed the road and plowed all the shit into my driveway. Almost couldn't get in last night.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm in Clarksville. My neighborhood is pretty flat. No problems getting in and out. Then the assholes from the city plowed the road and plowed all the shit into my driveway. Almost couldn't get in last night.
View Quote

Sorry, just reminds me of life up north.  Nothing worse than parking in the street and a snow plow comes by and pushes snow up to the hood of your truck
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sorry, just reminds me of life up north.  Nothing worse than parking in the street and a snow plow comes by and pushes snow up to the hood of your truck
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should've seen them in Knoxville the other day.  They'd plow the interstate right up against the middle barrier, so all the snow that was on the East facing late went over to the West facing lane.  Then they'd turn around and do it again.  Job security I guess.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 6:03:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They just did it again.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 10:50:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They just did it again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They just did it again.

Haha. It could be worse. You gotta learn to gun it and cut the wheel to get over the hump.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 11:27:17 PM EDT
[#15]
I got plowed in once in Minneapolis. Digging a semi-truck out at 4:30am with a Spetznaz e-tool is good exercise, but NO FUN.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 12:32:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They just did it again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They just did it again.

I guess you could say there's snow way out for you.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 3:06:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They just did it again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They just did it again.

They must have read your post.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 9:37:01 AM EDT
[#18]
I woke up to a busted gas meter. I called the gas company, they said to call 911. The volunteer guys showed up and said, 4 more in our neighborhood called after us. The cold is causing leaks in the gas meters. 5 meters in one small area.

Link Posted: 2/20/2015 10:32:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#20]
I can't wait for the lovely weather they're forecasting for this weekend.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 11:12:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I can't wait for the lovely weather they're forecasting for this weekend.
View Quote

At least it will be warmer

go outside look at thermometer on porch...-22 at 5:30 , wifes t-case wouldn't shift into 4x4, so I broke out my double set of halogen work lights, plugged them in, 1/2hr later tcase activater works...said fuck it, turned my truck off

went inside and made breakfast

decided when sun came out to go to work; at 8am... -12* still

feels warm tho heading South'

Link Posted: 2/20/2015 11:47:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Finally got the car out of the driveway.

Had to use a rock bar to chip away the ice that had the car trapped.  Drove the quarter mile to the mailbox and got yesterday's mail.

After I take a shower, I'll probably make a supply run to Kroger.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

School preemptively cancelled today for weather that is supposed to hit later in the day.

Lame o.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They just did it again.

I guess you could say there's snow way out for you.

School preemptively cancelled today for weather that is supposed to hit later in the day.

Lame o.

Sounds good for me.  I don't have to drive in the madness that is Memphis and risk a deductible.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 12:45:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 2:14:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Lol, too true. Folks around here can be pretty special behind the wheel.
View Quote

I don't think it's specific to your area.  It's funny, the more I pay attention, the more I see things people do on the road, especially in adverse conditions, that just baffles me.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 2:18:49 PM EDT
[#26]
It was -20 in Memphis, Indiana this morning, 15 miles north of Louisville. By the time I got to Murfreesboro and unloaded the steel coil, it was almost 40 degrees warmer. I'm done early for the week and hauling ass for home, stopping only for gas... And maybe some .44 magnum ammo for my Desert Eagle.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 4:57:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It was -20 in Memphis, Indiana this morning, 15 miles north of Louisville. By the time I got to Murfreesboro and unloaded the steel coil, it was almost 40 degrees warmer. I'm done early for the week and hauling ass for home, stopping only for gas... And maybe some .44 magnum ammo for my Desert Eagle.
View Quote

What, did you expend all ammo in Shitcago?
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#29]
And it's snowing on the west side of Nashville, again.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Coming down pretty hard here too.  the road is covered completely and the grass is almost covered too.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 7:48:17 PM EDT
[#31]
I went and got pizza about an hour and a half ago in Clarksville.  The way there was fine, but 15 minutes later those same streets were starting to get fairly slippery.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#32]
I left work at about 3:30 and the pain just started to come down. Went to Wal Mart in Oak Grove for 2 items, big mistake. Parking lot still not plowed from Monday. The standard caliber of customers shopping x10.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Woke up morning of Jan. 21, 1985 in tiny uninsulated trailer just north of Knoxville in Union County, -24 with 6 or 8 inches or so of crusty snow.

Has always put TN weather since in context for me.

- OS
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 9:50:34 PM EDT
[#34]
It's raining/sleeting/raining here in Bellevue. It was snowing earlier, so this means another night stranded in the mountaintop hideaway known as Chateau Ironhand. Good thing Mrs. IHJ stocked up on Orville Ridenbocker popcorn.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 12:27:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Hopefully this rain will wash away all this frozen crap.

No wonder Yankees are crazy as hell.  They have to put up with this all the time.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 6:13:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Driveway is a sheet of ice.

Again.

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 9:59:20 AM EDT
[#37]
got another 3 in last night
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
got another 3 in last night
View Quote

That's what she said.

Any road that had ice on it is a slushy mess. Supposed to have a 4 day weekend. Got called to go open the store today. The boss couldn't make it out of her driveway. Got the store going and then went and picked her up and drove her in. Now I'm on the couch about to take a nap and wait for the neighborhood to flood.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:40:10 AM EDT
[#39]
The sleet. snow, and freezing rain was more fun.  At least it was easier to stay dry.  Ice dams are causing problems with what used to be a few spots that would drip, in the garage roof.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 12:57:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Went outside this morning, and when I came back in the wife asked how much snow fell last night.  I told her about 7-8 inches.  Her automatic response was "so, in female measurements that's about 2-3in".
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 2:11:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Went outside this morning, and when I came back in the wife asked how much snow fell last night.  I told her about 7-8 inches.  Her automatic response was "so, in female measurements that's about 2-3in".
View Quote

I guess I better remember to " round up " from now on  
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 2:43:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 5:22:23 PM EDT
[#44]
i want this shit to melt so I can get to the range and shoot.

rain isn't the issue - its shady backroads that have seen little to no travel, called the range this morning - went something like this:

"You guys open today?
- yessir, but bring ice skates
"go on"
- owl hollow is a big sheet of ice
"I'll come tomorrow"

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 5:27:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

rain isn't the issue - its shady backroads that have seen little to no travel, called the range this morning - went something like this:

"You guys open today?
"go on"
"I'll come tomorrow"

View Quote

Doubt it. It's supposed to get below freezing tonight.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

"You guys open today?
"go on"
"I'll come tomorrow"

View Quote

Remember the skating rink out by the 100 yard berm? Multiply that by 5-6 and that's a good bet what it looks like now. I'm dying to shoot my Desert Eagle and being cooped up on top of a hill in Bellevue isn't helping.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 6:36:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Sucks ya'll can't shoot, I did some today...thinking, cool Russian sniper shit

After a couple mags, I pussed out and went inside and watched trailer park boys

It was too cold and snowy to reinact Stalingrad with crows in the front yard

Moved to backyard and shot a couple mags out of my HP, weird echo w/all the snow

Only a few more weeks....then asshole deep mud and then...good weather
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 1:12:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Iced in today. I did get one round off at some varmint out back. I missed and got the "what the hell are you doing" from the wife. Damn 1st rd pop.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 1:27:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Iced in today. I did get one round off at some varmint out back. I missed and got the "what the hell are you doing" from the wife. Damn 1st rd pop.
View Quote

You just haven't got her trained.

My daughter rarely even shakes her head at me, if I step out the door and fire a few rounds (unsuppressed) at squirrels, then step back inside.

Well, sometimes she'll ask if I hit anything, then shake her head.  (Squirrels are hard to hit with a 9mm pistol, when  they're running.)
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 4:36:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Decided to go "Robert Frost" today and hike a bit up in the hills since it was so foggy.  Great idea.  Went almost 3hrs and didn't see another soul except for 6 deer and an owl.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top