Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:21:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Great event. It was great to meet everyone today.

It was great to get hands on all of the toys. Being able to compare so much stuff was really cool.

The CZ Evo is awesome. Must have.

I stopped at Tops knives and left with a real nice knife.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:30:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't catch anybody today. I'll be there in the morning for the members' meeting. I met Larry Potterfield and Col. Robert K Brown. I was within arms reach of Bobby Jindal, Rick Perry, and Donald Trump. They're folks you don't see everyday.

I was disappointed not see any bolt face logos today.  
View Quote

We made it in this afternoon, but did see or hear from anyone from the boards other than the couple people we talked to ahead of time. I had my hat hanging from my backpack.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:49:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I was surprised at the amount of things available for sale there. I bought a Cold Steel Recon Tanto there. All the Cold Steel Knives were marked down for the show.

Extreme Bullets was giving out baggies of bullets. They had them in plexiglass bins with scoopers like the bulk candy stores.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:23:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Great show,  nice to see hkoverkill and Nolo.  Parking was an issue for us.  Be prepared for a walk or catch a shuttle.  I've been to three conventions in the last 6 years this one "seemed" the busiest. Saw lots of YouTube "stars" James Yeager, and the host of military arms channel among others.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 7:10:14 AM EDT
[#5]
If anyone is interested in breakfast,  Pucketts on Church St.  And 5th Ave has a real good menu and a buffet...
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 7:36:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Parking is pretty easy IF one parks over at LP Field, home of the Titans. Catch a shuttle from there & one doesn't have to walk for anything. Parking is $10 but the shuttle is FREE.

I bought a nice pair of binos from Euro Optics, Swarovski 15x56.  

Going back Sun in order to avoid the crush of today (Sat).
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 8:09:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

There were not a lot of arfcommers. I met some but I expected many more.

If you are a voting member, go to the fourth floor and vote for Sean Maloney for 76th board member.  If you are not a voting member, upgrade your membership on the registration level and then go vote.
View Quote
What he ^ said...
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:12:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Vote for the 76th Member: Sean Maloney

Anyone who has been a member for 50 days can vote

For the annual board seat it is different. Many people got this wrong .... You can most likely vote

Please push Sean over, he is the grassroots guy. Not the establishment. Sean brings change (the real kind) & not the same old stuff.

Voting is on the forth floor & closes by 4 pm today.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#10]
is cash king at the booths?

if so a trip to the ATM is in order
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cash is king for sure. Actually some pretty good deals. I blew my budget for the weekend by a LOT.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 7:14:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Some booths cash, some card, some both. Lone Wolf is cash only.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 7:18:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Cash is king for sure. Actually some pretty good deals. I blew my budget for the weekend by a LOT.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm ready

is lone wolf selling slides at the booth?
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:17:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Yup cash is king. I bought a Recon Tanto from Cold Steel. It was on special for $85. I counted out 4 $20 bills and he said that was good. He even said it... "Cash is King".

It retails for around $130-150.

Looks like I'm going Back for Sunday. My Daughter wants to go. Where/when is the Arfcom meet for Sunday?
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:22:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm ready

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm ready

They have some slides in one display. Didn't look at those too closely.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:24:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I saw a few taking card, but cash help grease the wheels. The Tops knife I picked up goes for $120-$160 online, I got it for $115 cash OTD. Saved shipping.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:29:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yup cash is king. I bought a Recon Tanto from Cold Steel. It was on special for $85. I counted out 4 $20 bills and he said that was good. He even said it... "Cash is King".

Looks like I'm going Back for Sunday. My Daughter wants to go. Where/when is the Arfcom meet for Sunday?
View Quote

shoot me a PM in the morning and we can meet up
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 2:46:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Sean Maloney won the 76th seat.

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 8:09:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Congrats Sean!!

Glad I could help be a part in making it happen. ARFcom is legion!
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 8:12:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will do. My Daughter will be wearing her shirt from the Cookeville Shoot.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 8:56:15 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:43:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, yes it is

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:53:19 AM EDT
[#23]
It was a awesome time other than my goofy picture with zero!  I would go back if it were close next year.

The wife even got to meet the bang this twins...
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 12:36:19 PM EDT
[#24]
I agree Crawlin. I will go back. It was an impressive event.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Had a great time.

Snagged an alg rail and vz grips (all grips were $40)
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Had a great time.

View Quote

Good seeing you there Fin.

I missed that deal on the VZ grips. I did get 2 cans of tactical bacon from CMMG though.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 7:55:20 PM EDT
[#27]
That was a hoot , wish I'd met some Arfcommers. But there's always next year
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I missed that deal on the VZ grips. I did get 2 cans of tactical bacon from CMMG though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Had a great time.

yes! good seeing you.

i want a Sig P210
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 8:15:17 PM EDT
[#29]

AWESOME!!!! I chatted with him for a few minutes, seemed like a really nice guy. Way to go!

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 8:20:10 PM EDT
[#30]
I saw two guys wearing BFL hats walking around inside the show. I said "ARFcom!" when they walked by but neither one stopped. They just looked at me funny.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 8:25:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I saw two guys wearing BFL hats walking around inside the show. I said "ARFcom!" when they walked by but neither one stopped. They just looked at me funny.
View Quote
Probably tech forum only posters

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 8:58:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Did get to talk with Kyle Lamb today and also walked right by Chris Cerino as he was talking to a couple other guys. Got a hat signed by Jerry Miculek.

Got some good bullet samples of some Berger 210gr 308 VLD bullets I've been wanting to try out for 300 Blackout subsonic loads. I think the VLD profile will work well for 300 BLK. When talking to the Berger people about my plan to use them in 300 BLK and why I think they might do well in that application the one lady gave me a bunch of them and then gave me a few 230gr VLD bullets to try also. The old guy there askend about my 300BLK loads and asked if there was anything I would like to see. I told him some 210gr flat base VLD bullets would probably be perfect. Since they are sub sonic they shouldn't need the boat tail profile, and in fact the flat base would probably be more stable at sub sonic velocities. He seemed be interested and shook his head in agreement. So if Berger comes out with some new 308 caliber bullets in 210gr flat base VLD profile, you know that was my idea.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 1:32:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Congrats Sean!!

Glad I could help be a part in making it happen. ARFcom is legion!
View Quote

In fact this is very true. We can have our voice be the one that makes the difference in person every year for the 76th seat.

You guys helped rock it
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 1:41:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I would go back if it were close next year.
View Quote

You sir are in luck for the next two years in the close department from TN.

2016, May 20-22, Louisville
2017, Apr 28-30, Atlanta

2018, May 4-6, Dallas
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:26:50 PM EDT
[#35]
wow, what a great time we had at the NRA convention in Nashville!!!  they keep getting better, year after year!  

...the arrangement was great, ..brand new convention center, awestruck by the architecture, ...a three-day NRA festival/exhibits immediately outside between the convention center (music city center) and the country music hall of fame, with live outdoor music on stage, and lots of food, seating...  The hank Williams jr. concert was packed out on the street, ...got a free hat signed by jerry miculek, ...Donald trump's grand entrance into the convention center (passed w/in 10 feet of me!!!), ...the weather was PERFECT, we carried the entire time, everywhere, including in/around Nashville (..and, no we didn't have tickets to the Alan Jackson concert)..the NRA and Nashville did an outstanding job!!!   folks, if you weren't there you really missed a great weekend!!!  
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 12:01:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
wow, what a great time we had at the NRA convention in Nashville!!!  they keep getting better, year after year!  

...the arrangement was great, ..brand new convention center, awestruck by the architecture, ...a three-day NRA festival/exhibits immediately outside between the convention center (music city center) and the country music hall of fame, with live outdoor music on stage, and lots of food, seating...  The hank Williams jr. concert was packed out on the street, ...got a free hat signed by jerry miculek, ...Donald trump's grand entrance into the convention center (passed w/in 10 feet of me!!!), ...the weather was PERFECT, we carried the entire time, everywhere, including in/around Nashville (..and, no we didn't have tickets to the Alan Jackson concert)..the NRA and Nashville did an outstanding job!!!   folks, if you weren't there you really missed a great weekend!!!  
View Quote

I spoke with a Metro (Nashville) cop as we were leaving the venue & asked him how it went and he said it was the most laid-back, well-mannered  convention that he had ever worked.  Too bad, MSM, the facts don't fit your anti-gun narrative.

Did anyone else get to talk to Wayne LaPierre as he walked around the booths late Sunday?  He wasn't near as stiff & starchy as he appears on TV shows.  I think that's just a result of having to pick his words so carefully.

Great show, NRA!
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 6:39:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Every cop I spoke with was bored to tears.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

If anyone is interested in breakfast,  Pucketts on Church St.  And 5th Ave has a real good menu and a buffet...
View Quote
I hate to intrude But my family will be in Nashville this weekend.  

Where to eat dinner.   We are staying between Bowling Green  and Nashville.   Trotters Lane.  

Going to do the Vette stuff,   daughter  has a book thing,  BG.   wife has a work workshop, kinda thing in Nash.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 6:42:12 AM EDT
[#39]
What sort of food interests you? There's a plethora of restaurants to choose from.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top