Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/14/2005 1:03:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn, this sucks but please count me out. Unfortunately I have to work that weekend and I do not have the vacation left to even ask for it off. I have to save what I have left for the Quantico class in August.
Link Posted: 6/14/2005 1:43:15 AM EDT
[#2]
This looks like a trip I can fit into my schedule, Can I come down
Link Posted: 6/14/2005 1:51:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This looks like a trip I can fit into my schedule, Can I come down

I'll see if any other Damn Yankees from the NJ Arfcom board would like to attend this one to camp.
Q:Absolute deadline for commitment to attend
Q:Aprrox. drive time from DC area
Link Posted: 6/14/2005 1:51:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Okay, here are the names I culled from the threads of the folks who are positively coming:

ARFCOM BLASTFEST/PIG ROAST/CAMPOUT JULY 22, 23 & 24, 2005

Positively coming:

1. ANGST +1
2. VA-gunnut
3. RELOADER-BOB
4. Hawk_308 +1
5. BlackFox
6. rdubbz420 +1
7. M4arc
8. Packnru
9. long-rifle-tactical
10. themadhatter
11. RobertM
12. Druffick
13. Va_Dinger
14. Sinsaba
15. ReelVirginian1861
16. Highwayman
17. gotm4  sorry can't make it with my new job schedule.
18. 1Gunner +1
19. Templar
20. rdubbz420 +1
21. GomerPyle +1
22. Samuel +3
23. Rmplstlskn
24. u352
25. grywlf52
26. h8mtv
27. C4iGrant

Link Posted: 6/14/2005 2:46:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
So LRT, are volunteering to be the food organizer for the event?

Highwayman, Myself and if LRT doesn't mind Could head the cooking thing.

DRUFF

Like I would say no.

Checked on some prices on whole hog cleaned for BBQ and we could by steak for less, I agree that burgers, dogs, chicken is a good way to go.

I have no problem cooking and have a Sams club and Cosco membership so we can get discounts on the food, I am off Friday after 12 and have to go past the house to load out so I can beat the traffic some.
I am camping

Already have the list for the needed cooking gear to go, the paypal is ok but just a little too much for me to track and manage since my work is going 12-14 hours a day.

I will be ready for this weekend.

I guess a hog would be too much hassle , as much as I'd like to do that, whatever you guys want to do is okay with me. L-R-T is right: we could by steak for less, I agree that burgers, dogs, chicken is a good way to go

So how could we work out paying you to pay Sam's club Are you going to get EVERYTHING? i.e., charcol, burgers, dogs, steaks, etc? What are you thinking on this Chef-Boy-A-R-15?

How soon/late do we have to get you the money to get the food?

And: Is the grill going to be here Friday night too? Are we going to fend for ourselves Friday night then have a group feedfest Saturday? Since you have vounteered to be our man at the grill, what are you thinking of how to do what?

Do you have a canopy we could put next to the grill so we don't cook in the sun?
Link Posted: 6/14/2005 3:18:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/14/2005 4:13:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
So LRT, are volunteering to be the food organizer for the event?

Highwayman, Myself and if LRT doesn't mind Could head the cooking thing.

DRUFF

Like I would say no.

Checked on some prices on whole hog cleaned for BBQ and we could by steak for less, I agree that burgers, dogs, chicken is a good way to go.

I have no problem cooking and have a Sams club and Cosco membership so we can get discounts on the food, I am off Friday after 12 and have to go past the house to load out so I can beat the traffic some.
I am camping

Already have the list for the needed cooking gear to go, the paypal is ok but just a little too much for me to track and manage since my work is going 12-14 hours a day.

I will be ready for this weekend.

I guess a hog would be too much hassle , as much as I'd like to do that, whatever you guys want to do is okay with me. L-R-T is right: we could by steak for less, I agree that burgers, dogs, chicken is a good way to go

So how could we work out paying you to pay Sam's club Are you going to get EVERYTHING? i.e., charcol, burgers, dogs, steaks, etc? What are you thinking on this Chef-Boy-A-R-15?

How soon/late do we have to get you the money to get the food?

And: Is the grill going to be here Friday night too? Are we going to fend for ourselves Friday night then have a group feedfest Saturday? Since you have vounteered to be our man at the grill, what are you thinking of how to do what?

Do you have a canopy we could put next to the grill so we don't cook in the sun?

I guess I can try and set up a paypal account today, I also have a membership to Costco.  You can get sirloins cheap and t-bones.  Bulk hamburgers, and hotdogs.  Let me know what you all want.  LRT shoot me an Im please.

DRUFF
Link Posted: 6/15/2005 2:46:21 PM EDT
[#8]
found out that the grill is a no go.
Link Posted: 6/15/2005 3:10:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Uh oh!!

Jumpin' jodphers, what to do now???
Where in the world is L-R-T?

Calling L-R-T! Calling L-R-T!
Link Posted: 6/15/2005 3:21:42 PM EDT
[#10]
This Hun is good to GO. Just got approved for Friday, the 22nd OFF. Also I'm in for camping.
Link Posted: 6/15/2005 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh oh!!

DANG!

Oh well it was worth a try and I know mad hatter did his best, now we have to form a search party.BD]

Mobil grill teams a go.

ANyone got 19k laying around?

Link Posted: 6/15/2005 4:45:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh oh!!

DANG!

Oh well it was worth a try and I know mad hatter did his best, now we have to form a search party.BD]

Mobil grill teams a go.

www.thegrillstoreandmore.com/image/products/big-pics/classic-cooker4000.jpg

Man! 19k! That's a lot of ammo and AR funds, too! Why if I could buy that unit I could no longer pose myself as "A Reg'lar Guy"

Well, who out there can get a grill? That guy who rents the port-a-johns here said he'd rent us one for $75.00 and that's in AMERICAN FUNDS! What a rip off.

Anyone got ideas?
Link Posted: 6/16/2005 2:40:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh oh!!

DANG!

Mobil grill teams a go.

Let's buy it, use it for the weekend and then return it on Monday
Link Posted: 6/16/2005 2:49:05 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh oh!!

DANG!

Mobil grill teams a go.

Let's buy it, use it for the weekend and then return it on Monday

+37???? LMAO!!!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2005 3:03:10 AM EDT
[#15]
I would be happy to help out all three days. Please let me know if there is anything you guys need from down here.
Link Posted: 6/16/2005 3:24:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I would be happy to help out all three days. Please let me know if there is anything you guys need from down here.

Wow thanks u352, in fact  there are some items from down there we could use:

1. couple hundred pounds of Eastern N.C. BBQ
2. 40 to 50 cases of Red, White & Blue beer
3. aotographed biography of Richard Petty
4. hushpuppies from Manteo
5. Sen. Edwards to leave us real Americans alone
6. a few gallons corn likker from Whynot with some Luck's Blackeyed Beans

Any other ideas anyone?

to be continued...
Link Posted: 6/16/2005 3:43:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Now where did I put my weber kettle?  I'd be happy to help cook, but I really think that the hog is too much trouble.  I guess we've already concluded that.  What I was wondering is: a friend of mine has an old toilet that's been sitting in his backyard for a few years, can we use it as a target?  I think it would be something to watch the porcelain fly.  It's up to ReelVirginian1861 since it's his family's land.  I'll pick up the pieces, as long as there are pieces big enough to pick up.  Anyway, just thought I'd mention it.  Let me know.  MJD
Link Posted: 6/16/2005 3:46:45 AM EDT
[#18]
ReelVirginian1861, I will work on some of those things
Link Posted: 6/16/2005 3:59:16 AM EDT
[#19]
I was looking at the prices for some of the big grills to rent.  They aren't cheap.  They seem to be about $75-100 per day.  Just thought I'd pass that along.  MJD
Link Posted: 6/16/2005 4:29:39 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Now where did I put my weber kettle?  I'd be happy to help cook, but I really think that the hog is too much trouble.  I guess we've already concluded that.  What I was wondering is: a friend of mine has an old toilet that's been sitting in his backyard for a few years, can we use it as a target?  I think it would be something to watch the porcelain fly.  It's up to ReelVirginian1861 since it's his family's land.  I'll pick up the pieces, as long as there are pieces big enough to pick up.  Anyway, just thought I'd mention it.  Let me know.  MJD

Sorry, but I don't think they'd like that. But I'll confess: in my younger years I've done much worse. I want us to be really good so they'll let me do this some more.
Link Posted: 6/16/2005 4:39:19 AM EDT
[#21]
I posted a bit back that the guy we are getting to port-a-john from has a big grill (I think it's propane) and wants $75.00 to rent it for the weekend. Maybe he's not a rip off??? But then that's $75.00 worth of ammo, hot dogs, burgers, beers. etc we will be deprived of. And I've got a right to the pursuit of happiness with a warm gun.

Let me know what y'all think about renting the grill, it would be easier to have one big one than 200 smaller ones.

GRILL ALERT!!! WE NEED BIG GRILL!!! ANYONE GOT GRILL???
Link Posted: 6/16/2005 5:03:43 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, but I don't think they'd like that. But I'll confess: in my younger years I've done much worse. I want us to be really good so they'll let me do this some more.

Understood.  No toilet then.  Just wanted to check with you before I brought it down.  Thanks for the speedy reply.  MJD
Link Posted: 6/16/2005 5:47:01 AM EDT
[#23]
I have to see if I can make it down. I would really like to come.
Link Posted: 6/16/2005 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Hey guys - sorry if I'm a bit late to the party here.  I mentioned earlier that I know some people that may be able to help with food.  I know Bill Brock of Brock's BBQ and he often does things for our church.  I also know the youth group there is always trying to pull together funds for a trip to South America to build churches or something.  I imagine between the two we can work something out.  

It looks as if we're a no-go for food right now, right?  If so, I'll contact them and see what I can get worked out.  Obviously, a better headcount would help!!  

Black Fox
Link Posted: 6/16/2005 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Hey guys, Va-gunnut says he has the port-a-john funds, I called the boy up the road this morning and he will rent us both the port-a-john and a propane gas big assed grill for $125.00 for Fri, Sat & Sunday.

What do y'all think? He will deliver the port-a-john and I'll pick up the grill. Do y'all think this is reasonable? Or, do we keep shopping?

My thoughts? It eliminates a lot of hassles: it's local, and I've only got to tow it seven miles. Oh yes, and he supplies the propane.

CALLING L-R-T!!! CALLING L-R-T!!! CALLING L-R-T!!!

L-R-T: What do you think? He'll have the units here Friday afternoon and we don't have to do anything but cook and use the mobile outhouse.

Does this suit you, as you are our Master Chef?

Let me know what y'all think now, ASAP!
Link Posted: 6/16/2005 1:51:05 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Hey guys - sorry if I'm a bit late to the party here.  I mentioned earlier that I know some people that may be able to help with food.  I know Bill Brock of Brock's BBQ and he often does things for our church.  I also know the youth group there is always trying to pull together funds for a trip to South America to build churches or something.  I imagine between the two we can work something out.  

It looks as if we're a no-go for food right now, right?  If so, I'll contact them and see what I can get worked out.  Obviously, a better headcount would help!!  

Black Fox

Black Fox: Hold the phone! It ain't over yet. But don't lose that thought while we ponder, some more again. As an aside, my cousin (the landowner) and his men's group cooks BBQ for their church. I axed him about his group doing the cooking for us to raise funds. He said we didn't have enough folks to make it worth their while.

I also axed my other cousin (a Ruritan) who also cooks BBQ for folks, he said the same thing. We might be better off fending for ourselves. But, do not cast your friend's church group aside just yet.
Link Posted: 6/17/2005 3:19:54 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Hey guys, Va-gunnut says he has the port-a-john funds, I called the boy up the road this morning and he will rent us both the port-a-john and a propane gas big assed grill for $125.00 for Fri, Sat & Sunday.

What do y'all think? He will deliver the port-a-john and I'll pick up the grill. Do y'all think this is reasonable? Or, do we keep shopping?

My thoughts? It eliminates a lot of hassles: it's local, and I've only got to tow it seven miles. Oh yes, and he supplies the propane.

CALLING L-R-T!!! CALLING L-R-T!!! CALLING L-R-T!!!

L-R-T: What do you think? He'll have the units here Friday afternoon and we don't have to do anything but cook and use the mobile outhouse.

Does this suit you, as you are our Master Chef?

Let me know what y'all think now, ASAP!

RV1861:  So far, I think this is the best deal we've found.  $125 for the john, and the grill for 3 days is a great price in my opinion.  Most places I found wanted $75/day just for the grill.  My opinion is to jump on this before he changes his mind.  What does everybody else think?  MJD
Link Posted: 6/17/2005 3:32:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/17/2005 6:08:29 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
The price definitely sounds good IMO. Reloader-Bob donated $100 towards the porta-john and whatever else was needed, so that will cover almost all of the rental fee.

VA-gunnut , highwayman, et al: do y'all want me to pay him then y'all pay me? Do we divie this up among the entire crew? How have youse guys been doing things like this in the past? It dosen't matter to me, just let me know.

Man my trigger finger is gettin' ITCHY! and I'm getting hungry!!!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2005 11:04:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/17/2005 1:22:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The price definitely sounds good IMO. Reloader-Bob donated $100 towards the porta-john and whatever else was needed, so that will cover almost all of the rental fee.

VA-gunnut , highwayman, et al: do y'all want me to pay him then y'all pay me? Do we divie this up among the entire crew? How have youse guys been doing things like this in the past? It dosen't matter to me, just let me know.

I can only comment on the shoots I've put on in the past. I've always covered the outlay of money until the shoots, and then recouped the money when the shoot took place.

However you want to do it will be fine with me. Reloader-Bob sent me the money already, so just let me know how you want to handle it.

I called Glenn (port-a-john & grill man) and he said don't worry about it, he'll collect after the weekend. My worry was the grill (he only has the one) might get rented out on us, so I offered to pay now to make sure we had it for the 22, 23, 24th. He said don't worry, it was ours. So, I guess the deal is done. Oh, BTW, he's a local boy and has done me many, many, favors in the past, so we can depend on his word.

So, we are set for the Grill and the Port-a-John!!!
So, let's cook'em up and blast 'em off!!!

Where's L-R-T???? Grill Alert for L-R-T!!! Are you ready for the country???
Link Posted: 6/17/2005 4:10:29 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can only comment on the shoots I've put on in the past. I've always covered the outlay of money until the shoots, and then recouped the money when the shoot took place.

However you want to do it will be fine with me. Reloader-Bob sent me the money already, so just let me know how you want to handle it.

I called Glenn (port-a-john & grill man) and he said don't worry about it, he'll collect after the weekend. My worry was the grill (he only has the one) might get rented out on us, so I offered to pay now to make sure we had it for the 22, 23, 24th. He said don't worry, it was ours. So, I guess the deal is done. Oh, BTW, he's a local boy and has done me many, many, favors in the past, so we can depend on his word.

Howdy and please accept my apologies but work has been long and longer.

This sounds excellent and for the price of the grill rental for three days is excellent, I say we go for it and I will accept the great honor as the grill mister.

I will start a thread for what we want as far as hamburgers and hot dogs, chicken etc. so we can get a good idea of what we need to buy.  I will need you not only to vote but also to make a comment so we know others will not taint our food survey.

Also I will make some of my world famous, hot dog chili for you folks that like your sauce a little on the edge. <HOT> aren’t any dang beans in my chili either!

I will supply all the flatware and plates for us and let me look around for some more items, also have plenty of food service gloves and cooking utensils so no need for anyone to worry about that.
Link Posted: 6/17/2005 4:13:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This sounds excellent and for the price of the grill rental for three days is excellent, I say we go for it and I will accept the great honor as the grill mister.

I will start a thread for what we want as far as hamburgers and hot dogs, chicken etc. so we can get a good idea of what we need to buy.  I will need you not only to vote but also to make a comment so we know others will not taint our food survey.

Also I will make some of my world famous, hot dog chili for you folks that like your sauce a little on the edge. <HOT> aren’t any dang beans in my chili either!

I will supply all the flatware and plates for us and let me look around for some more items, also have plenty of food service gloves and cooking utensils so no need for anyone to worry about that.

LRT your a class act you know that.  Looking forward to doing this cant wait ! ! ! ! ! !

DRUFF
Link Posted: 6/17/2005 4:29:42 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LRT your a class act you know that.  Looking forward to doing this cant wait ! ! ! ! ! !

DRUFF

Thank you Sir,

Recieved your message, let me call you back tommarow.
Link Posted: 6/17/2005 7:42:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Im in...  I should be able to make it, if I can afford the ammo.
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 1:56:17 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Im in...  I should be able to make it, if I can afford the ammo.

Is this a positive & for sure "I'm in" or a "maybe"?
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 3:18:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Food thread

Eah,  I am burned out at work.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=24&t=203415&page=1
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 5:26:00 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm in for one of those days.  Not sure if I'll be cleared to shoot by then, but I can "watch" the food while everyone else does.  I don't mind................................
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 5:40:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/19/2005 5:44:50 AM EDT
[#41]
I would like to join in too.

G23c
Link Posted: 6/19/2005 10:02:55 AM EDT
[#42]
I am in!  I will definatly be there on Saturday, though I don't know about camping or anything.  My dad has expressed intrest in coming.  If he does we will only be there for the day.  If he doesn't come I will probably camp either Friday night or Saturday night, but not both.
Link Posted: 6/19/2005 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#43]
I plan on only being there Saturday.  I may be able to be there Sunday.  I have two Weber 22" grills I can bring.  Let me know if this will help or what else can I do to help.  I live nearby.
Link Posted: 6/19/2005 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#44]
I think I will be up for Saturday; probably me, and two other folks.

TR
Link Posted: 6/20/2005 5:57:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Hey, I was thinking about something the other day.  Does anybody like the idea of holding an informal swap meet at the blastfest?  Lots of people have old stuff in the safe that they may not want/need any more, and I can't think of a better way to showcase your wares.  Lots of people could see the items you have for sale in person instead of just reading a description on the EE.  I don't know if time or logistics will allow it (with everything else going on), but I'll put the idea out there.  What do you think?  MJD
Link Posted: 6/20/2005 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/20/2005 2:06:38 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm in.  I'll probably have to leave late Sat. night, but I'm in.  

Oh, and for the swapmeet, I'll have some things I'll just be interested in getting rid of.  Will post those a few days prior.

Nothing really good, but some of the stuff should be useful nonetheless.
Link Posted: 6/20/2005 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey, I was thinking about something the other day.  Does anybody like the idea of holding an informal swap meet at the blastfest?  Lots of people have old stuff in the safe that they may not want/need any more, and I can't think of a better way to showcase your wares.  Lots of people could see the items you have for sale in person instead of just reading a description on the EE.  I don't know if time or logistics will allow it (with everything else going on), but I'll put the idea out there.  What do you think?  MJD

Just my opinion based on past experience running events like this - don't bite off too much in one chunk.  You've got a first-time multi-day shooting/camping/BBQ event, on new/untested property, which is tough enough to get off the ground.  Don't try to do too much this time out, make what you've got successful and look to expand a little bit next time.

From what I can tell, most shoots involve 2hrs of blasting and 8+ hours bull shitting.  

Should be fun.
Link Posted: 6/20/2005 3:05:40 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just my opinion based on past experience running events like this - don't bite off too much in one chunk.  You've got a first-time multi-day shooting/camping/BBQ event, on new/untested property, which is tough enough to get off the ground.  Don't try to do too much this time out, make what you've got successful and look to expand a little bit next time.

YES, FMJunkie is right! We have to be very cool and subdued, we want to hang out, shoot some guns, eat some food, and certainly not re-enact Woodstock or this will surely be the last time. Just a heads up, thank you FMJunkie!
Link Posted: 6/20/2005 3:25:29 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

YES, FMJunkie is right! We have to be very cool and subdued, we want to hang out, shoot some guns, eat some food, and certainly not re-enact Woodstock or this will surely be the last time. Just a heads up, thank you FMJunkie!

AW CRAP, Guess I have to leave the JACUZZI home.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top