Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 2:28:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Bow hunting camo.

Link Posted: 8/9/2016 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Take down a section or two of your new fence and throw some corn on the ground "for the squirrels"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A few years back I shot this deer with my Hoyt bow (also originally from Hall's) at a measured 42yards, I simply opened the back sliding door, stepped out onto the deck, and let the arrow fly

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx78/Andrapos/BackyardDeer_zps8sznv6mc.jpg

I see deer on my street all the time on the backside of the park going through the cemetary, I wish one would walk through my back yard haha

Take down a section or two of your new fence and throw some corn on the ground "for the squirrels"

Hmm... I could just open up the gate...

Link Posted: 8/10/2016 8:46:53 PM EDT
[#3]
This is now the "official 2016 hunting thread"....bow preferred but file/muzzle loader, etc are acceptable.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 9:23:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This is now the "official 2016 hunting thread"....bow preferred but file/muzzle loader, etc are acceptable.
View Quote

Not sure about you, but I try not to fuck with files out in the woods
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 9:57:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

God damnit, spell correct strikes again!
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 4:20:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
John & Zeg- here is the new Cabela's o2 octane. It has similar colors as the pattern you are taking about just a little dulled down and not as prominent.

https://lh4.ggpht.com/-llvvnPRDZGU/V2Np4PU4sMI/AAAAAAA4KmY/PL3C4vvlIUc/w560/socialfeed.info-explore-the-world-in-cabela-s-o2-octane-camo.jpg

I saw this thread a few weeks ago and this is what sparked my camp search.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_23/686500_WHAT_DEER_SEE.html
View Quote

L

Hey TBR, I just got my Cabelas Club statement in the mail, this O2 stuff is 15% rewards points back if you have a Cabelas Visa.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

L

Hey TBR, I just got my Cabelas Club statement in the mail, this O2 stuff is 15% rewards points back if you have a Cabelas Visa.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
John & Zeg- here is the new Cabela's o2 octane. It has similar colors as the pattern you are taking about just a little dulled down and not as prominent.

https://lh4.ggpht.com/-llvvnPRDZGU/V2Np4PU4sMI/AAAAAAA4KmY/PL3C4vvlIUc/w560/socialfeed.info-explore-the-world-in-cabela-s-o2-octane-camo.jpg

I saw this thread a few weeks ago and this is what sparked my camp search.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_23/686500_WHAT_DEER_SEE.html

L

Thanks Zeg! I ended up going with real tree extra as they had a lot of gear on clearance in the "bargain cave" online. I never knew the had an online bargain cave and holy crap! You can find some good deals, there is alot better of a selection than instore. I filled gaps with amazon purchases.

I'd really like to get the O2 series but I'll see how much time I have this year and how successful it us before I drop rediculous amounts on gear.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:40:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Does anyone see where to purchase fall turkey and pheasant "tags" on the DEEP website,   I can't find it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Does anyone see where to purchase fall turkey and pheasant "tags" on the DEEP website,   I can't find it.
View Quote

nope thats weird
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

https://www.ct.wildlifelicense.com/internetsales
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

its not in there. once you go into the system the options arent there
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:59:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I noticed that, I just logged in and couldn't find turkey.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Try here

http://www.ct.gov/deep/cwp/view.asp?a=2700&q=573526&deepNav_GID=1633#TURKPERM

ETA: nvm, that just redirects you to the link above...
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:03:19 PM EDT
[#14]

doesnt give you the options to buy
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:14:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Glad it's not me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 5:59:14 AM EDT
[#16]
ITS HERE!!!

Today squirrel and early goose open.

I'm gonna try to go after work. I don't get out till 5 and can be at Wooster mountain by 530 .  

This year I'm saving all my organs and gonna try to make haggis.  

MMMM mini squirrel haggis.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 8:17:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
ITS HERE!!!

I'm gonna try to go after work. I don't get out till 5 and can be at Wooster mountain by 530 .  

View Quote

Squirrel is so tasty. Many people miss out on it.

Where do you go for goose?
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:18:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
ITS HERE!!!

View Quote

Good luck tonight!

I'm so excited for my first hunting season! I can't wait, I would love to get out tonight but I don't think that will happen. I'm hoping to go out Saturday, I have never had squirrel before but can't wait to try it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 11:08:40 AM EDT
[#19]
I just got back into waterfowl.  I used to tag along with my BIL but we stopped hunting together about 7yrs ago.

I have no place in mind. Just random state forests with water.  Mostly gonna be scout for later seasons while hunting squirrel and hope for a goose.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 12:35:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I just got back into waterfowl.  I used to tag along with my BIL but we stopped hunting together about 7yrs ago.

I have no place in mind. Just random state forests with water.  Mostly gonna be scout for later seasons while hunting squirrel and hope for a goose.  

View Quote

That's pretty much my plan, minus the goose. The place I'm going to focus on this year for Deer doesn't allow small game hunting though, it kind of sucks but its an excuse for me and my kidto get out the house and go hiking. I'm going to try a few area in my county for squirrel. If you ever want to get together let me know.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 1:22:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think I found the turkey permit, turkey doesn't appear to have "tags" like a deer but it seems to be more like an endorsement. When you are at the page with "hunting licenses, deer permits etc" it is on there. It is $28 for a turkey permit does that sound about right?
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 1:29:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I think I found the turkey permit, turkey does appear to have "tags" like a deer but it seems to be more like an endorsement. When you are at the page with "hunting licenses, deer permits etc" it is on there. It is $28 for a turkey permit does that sound about right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I found the turkey permit, turkey does appear to have "tags" like a deer but it seems to be more like an endorsement. When you are at the page with "hunting licenses, deer permits etc" it is on there. It is $28 for a turkey permit does that sound about right?

I saw that this morning.  
The field books says 19 dollars and pheasant at 28.  

I think it's the usual state website Fuck ups.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That's pretty much my plan, minus the goose. The place I'm going to focus on this year for Deer doesn't allow small game hunting though, it kind of sucks but its an excuse for me and my kidto get out the house and go hiking. I'm going to try a few area in my county for squirrel. If you ever want to get together let me know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure.

I almost always have weekdays off.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I think it's the usual state website Fuck ups.
View Quote

don't think they have updated the website, I found something..

Yup...effective July 1,2016, and they jump the fee to $28...

sSB 139

AN ACT CONCERNING THE AUTHORITY OF THE COMMISSIONER OF ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION TO ESTABLISH A TROUT STAMP AND A RESIDENT GAME BIRD CONSERVATION STAMP, AMENDING CERTAIN HUNTING AND FISHING FEES FOR RESIDENTS LESS THAN EIGHTEEN YEARS OF AGE AND ERECTING A PHEASANT STOCKING ACCOUNT AND PROGRAM.

SUMMARY:

This bill makes various changes to the laws governing fishing and hunting. Among its provisions, the bill:

1. establishes a pheasant stocking account for the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) to use to conduct its pheasant stocking program;

2. expands the birds that a person can hunt with a migratory bird conservation stamp and increases, from $13 to $17, the maximum fee DEEP can charge for the stamp;

3. requires a person to buy a resident game bird conservation stamp to hunt resident game birds and sets related requirements for the stamp and stamp proceeds;

4. requires the DEEP commissioner to adopt regulations establishing a three-day out-of-state bird hunting license; and

5. authorizes the DEEP commissioner to adopt regulations establishing a trout stamp.

Additionally, the bill decreases the fee charged for any hunting, trapping, or fishing permit, tag, or stamp by 50%, rounded to the next higher dollar, for a child under age 16. Existing law already reduces the fee by 50% for children age sixteen or seventeen.

EFFECTIVE DATE: July 1, 2016
View Quote

§§ 1 & 3 — Resident Game Birds

The bill requires anyone wishing to hunt or take resident game birds to obtain a Connecticut resident game bird conservation stamp, in addition to a hunting license already required by law. The bill:

1. requires the DEEP commissioner to (a) arrange for the design, production, and procurement of the stamp and (b) adopt regulations establishing the stamp;

2. authorizes him to reproduce the stamp as a print or related artwork for sale; and

3. establishes $28 as the maximum fee DEEP can charge for the stamp.

Resident game birds, those that stay in the area year-round, generally include an array of commonly hunted birds, including crows, wild turkeys, ruffed grouse, prairie chickens, partridges, and quail.
View Quote

link to website
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 6:49:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Wow that actually works in our favor.

Pheasant alone was 28 and turkey was 19 per season.

If I'm reading that right.

Didn't go out after work, busted my ass all day and left wet tired and sore.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Great thread ... one more thing is if using a tree stand don't forget to use a harness. Kind of a pain to use but when your head starts to nod after a several hours, it's worth it's weight in gold.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 6:36:21 PM EDT
[#27]
No luck today,  had one running just didn't have a shot.  Little fucker was quick
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 5:29:33 PM EDT
[#28]
I think I'm going to head up to nipmuck state park this Saturday, anyone interested?
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 8:54:01 PM EDT
[#29]
5 grays and 3 reds today,  man was that fun
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 9:09:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

NY or CT?

Don't see too many red squirrels here
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 9:33:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nice! I unfortunately wasn't able to get out today. Hopefully you'll post some dinner pics
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:08:53 PM EDT
[#32]
At the club in NY
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 11:03:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Dinner pics will be up in November didn't have time to cook them..  I'll post a pic next time I come up
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 5:37:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

NY or CT?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NY or CT?

I'm pretty sure we can't even hunt reds here. I have seen them too. A family friend got one a long time ago and wanted it mounted , the taxidermist called dep and they took it from him. He wasn't fined but was a crappy situation, not sure if the laws changed ever
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure we can't even hunt reds here. I have seen them too. A family friend got one a long time ago and wanted it mounted , the taxidermist called dep and they took it from him. He wasn't fined but was a crappy situation, not sure if the laws changed ever
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NY or CT?

State of New York said says shoot them whenever you can,  no season on them .  New York says they are unprotected and therefore my be hunted at any time without limit.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NY or CT?

The reds in NY are invasive nuisance and omnivorous.  Eat eggs  and chicks of many song birds then steal the nest.   They're a bit larger than a chipmunk and quite feisty.  

Found this for CT. 26-66-3. Open hunting seasons and bag limits for upland game birds and quadrupeds
(g) There shall be no closed season except as provided in Section 26-66-1(c) and Subsection (j) of this section; and no daily or season bag limits on any of the following species: coyote, porcupine, red squirrel, weasel and skunk.  

The only exception is Sunday's and during spring turkey.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 10:49:03 PM EDT
[#37]
.17 M2 " />
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 11:52:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NY or CT?

In Connecticut red squirrels used to be subject to bag limits and a season- similar to gray squirrels.

Currently, In Connecticut, Red squirrels are open all year round, without a bag limit. See regulations of ct state agencies 26-66-3(g).
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 5:16:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The reds in NY are invasive nuisance and omnivorous.  Eat eggs  and chicks of many song birds then steal the nest.   They're a bit larger than a chipmunk and quite feisty.  

Found this for CT. 26-66-3. Open hunting seasons and bag limits for upland game birds and quadrupeds
(g) There shall be no closed season except as provided in Section 26-66-1(c) and Subsection (j) of this section; and no daily or season bag limits on any of the following species: coyote, porcupine, red squirrel, weasel and skunk.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NY or CT?

Good to know thanks
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 8:02:54 AM EDT
[#40]
How do you like the 17m2?  

I had the 17hmr and while super accurate. It destroyed squirrels.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
How do you like the 17m2?  

I had the 17hmr and while super accurate. It destroyed squirrels.
View Quote

I like it,  when I can find rounds for it
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 7:38:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Saw a dead fox squirrel today.  Around the corner from my house.  

I shot one in Naugy SF about 10years  ago.   Supposed to not be here.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:24:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Went out last night, 4p-sunset saw some good signs (deer poop, track and what appear to be a few deer trails) but no deer

Tons of squirrels running around but no good shots.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Went out last night, 4p-sunset saw some good signs (deer poop, track and what appear to be a few deer trails) but no deer

View Quote

They are everywhere in Wilton/Weston area. Some guys I know have buck tagged out already.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:22:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Haven't been out since I got torn up from yellow jackets early in the month.   Hopefully Mon/Tues.   I've been seeing geese start to move and squirrels cutting acorn and hickory already.  

Also saw a bear in downtown Woodbury Tues.   Around 930am.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:46:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

They are everywhere in Wilton/Weston area. Some guys I know have buck tagged out already.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, that is awesome! It's almost 2hrs from me otherwise I'd take a ride out there and check it out.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 7:26:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Guy at work took a 10pt buck last Thursday at 15yds, opening day.

Plenty of dear in Guilford I guess.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like I need to get down closer to the shore
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:27:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is true. Much more deer in zones 11 and 12 . Not huge monsters or anything , but more deer
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 9:26:45 PM EDT
[#50]
GREAT NEWS!!!

first.  22 Mag and WRF are now legal on state lands!  Removed the word long rifle and smaller.  Just says 22 rimfire now.
And squirrel now continues thru Oct.  

new laws

Few others but that really tickles me.  

Wish I could find a law on hunting muskrat and beaver with a firearm.  If any one has one let me know.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top