User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:22:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

+1

If this were the case, the Sullivan Law would have been struck since Big Tim was as crooked as they come.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Therefore at the time of the Safe Acts passage bribes and kickbacks were taking place . Thus the Safe Act should now be null and void not to mention unconstitutional. Burn in hell Shelley shit along with Andy you mother fuckers.

+1

If this were the case, the Sullivan Law would have been struck since Big Tim was as crooked as they come.

Unfortunately for we here in NY the crooks just keep coming.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:33:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:03:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Therefore at the time of the Safe Acts passage bribes and kickbacks were taking place . Thus the Safe Act should now be null and void not to mention unconstitutional. Burn in hell Shelley shit along with Andy you mother fuckers.
View Quote

Where do you people come up with this shit? Really
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's called pipe dreaming.  As in, crack pipe hallucinations.  But it sure would be nice.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:25:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's called pipe dreaming.  As in, crack pipe hallucinations.  But it sure would be nice.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As long as we are pipe dreaming...
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:02:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

lol Natty, are you actually a member of NYR on Facebook?

And if so, is it for personal reasons, or for work?
View All Quotes

No, he just made the picture I posted appear. Nutty is the good guy, you don't get better Troopers than him. And this "Revolution" page, I know nothing about it. Just posting a picture someone had sent me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:24:07 PM EDT
[#8]
The quotes I've been seeing from Mr. Bharara this week are outstanding.

From today's NY Times article entitled 'Sheldon Silver’s Arrest Leaves Governor Cuomo in Difficult Spot':

The case against Mr. Silver, who is accused of disguising his payoffs as legitimate income from outside legal work, was brought by Preet Bharara, the United States attorney for the Southern District of New York. It was also Mr. Bharara whose office took over the Moreland Commission’s files after it was shut down by Mr. Cuomo — and who asked whether the governor had “bargained away” corruption investigations as part of a deal with lawmakers.

A former commission member said on Friday that Mr. Silver, should he choose to do so, could potentially shed light on that subject, as well as on other Albany malfeasance.

“Silver knows where all the bodies are buried, and what went into the deal to end Moreland,” the commission member said, insisting on anonymity to avoid damaging professional relationships. “The speaker’s arrest intensifies everything.”
View Quote

Now, Mr. Cuomo is also confronting one consequence of his unapologetically pragmatic approach to Albany relationships, in which success was often achieved not by trying to depose his rivals for power in the capital, but from beating them at their own game.

That style was on display at his State of the State address, when Mr. Cuomo jokingly described himself, Mr. Silver and the State Senate majority leader as Albany’s “three amigos,” a twist on the “three men in a room” who together make many of the most important decisions in the capital.

But in a speech on Friday at New York Law School, Mr. Bharara took direct aim at that triarchy, questioning the concentration of power, and the opacity that masks its use.

“It’s weird to me, a little bit, that officials and writers joke about it, good-naturedly, as if they’re talking nostalgically about an old sitcom” or a comic movie, he said. In a less than subtle reference to Mr. Cuomo, he offered the film “Three Amigos” as an example.

“Is that really how government should be run?” Mr. Bharara asked. “Is that really the way to run a state of almost 20 million people? When did 20 million New Yorkers agree to be ruled like a triumvirate in Roman times?”

View Quote

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/24/nyregion/sheldon-silvers-arrest-leaves-cuomo-in-a-tough-spot.html?_r=0
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:53:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

From today's NY Times article entitled 'Sheldon Silver’s Arrest Leaves Governor Cuomo in Difficult Spot':

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/24/nyregion/sheldon-silvers-arrest-leaves-cuomo-in-a-tough-spot.html?_r=0
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The case against Mr. Silver, who is accused of disguising his payoffs as legitimate income from outside legal work, was brought by Preet Bharara, the United States attorney for the Southern District of New York. It was also Mr. Bharara whose office took over the Moreland Commission’s files after it was shut down by Mr. Cuomo — and who asked whether the governor had “bargained away” corruption investigations as part of a deal with lawmakers.

A former commission member said on Friday that Mr. Silver, should he choose to do so, could potentially shed light on that subject, as well as on other Albany malfeasance.

“Silver knows where all the bodies are buried, and what went into the deal to end Moreland,” the commission member said, insisting on anonymity to avoid damaging professional relationships. “The speaker’s arrest intensifies everything.”

Now, Mr. Cuomo is also confronting one consequence of his unapologetically pragmatic approach to Albany relationships, in which success was often achieved not by trying to depose his rivals for power in the capital, but from beating them at their own game.

That style was on display at his State of the State address, when Mr. Cuomo jokingly described himself, Mr. Silver and the State Senate majority leader as Albany’s “three amigos,” a twist on the “three men in a room” who together make many of the most important decisions in the capital.

But in a speech on Friday at New York Law School, Mr. Bharara took direct aim at that triarchy, questioning the concentration of power, and the opacity that masks its use.

“It’s weird to me, a little bit, that officials and writers joke about it, good-naturedly, as if they’re talking nostalgically about an old sitcom” or a comic movie, he said. In a less than subtle reference to Mr. Cuomo, he offered the film “Three Amigos” as an example.

“Is that really how government should be run?” Mr. Bharara asked. “Is that really the way to run a state of almost 20 million people? When did 20 million New Yorkers agree to be ruled like a triumvirate in Roman times?”

For now I like this guy.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:55:59 PM EDT
[#10]
This is the best feel good thread in a long time here in the htf

Warms my fucking heart
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:58:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm so confused by this.

All these years I've been wishing he'd drop dead.
Now I might be hoping he lives a long, long, long time.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:00:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

For now I like this guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For now I like this guy.

Bonus points for using the term triumvirate.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:27:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is the best feel good thread in a long time here in the htf

Warms my fucking heart
View Quote

Me too.. Since the safe act this forum has been nothing but bad news, and let downs.. This has some potential... May take a few years but lets see what happens
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:49:22 AM EDT
[#14]
I say if by some miracle they slap bracelets on Andy boy we ring the church bells and have a ticker tape parade, maybe get Prince to perform on a float or something.  At the very least a big BBQ like the end of return of the Jedi with the ewoks playing storm trooper helmets like a xylophone.

For now, Preet is the white knight. God knows what the guy is capable of down the road but for now he's the best hope of a major smack down of some genuine scumbags who have been untouchable for too long.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:58:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Leave me alone and let me dream that one day all men and women will be judged by the content of their character and not made a criminal because they are gun owners and believe in the constitution of the united states and the 2nd amendment.

New York politics is disgusting.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Leave me alone and let me dream that one day all men and women will be judged by the content of their character and not made a criminal because they are gun owners and believe in the constitution of the united states and the 2nd amendment.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't need to tell me about NY politics. I'm still trying to wash the taint of it off me and I left the game years ago.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:35:15 AM EDT
[#17]
http://nypost.com/2015/01/25/democrats-defend-silver-because-they-profit-from-his-corrupt-system/

What bothered me in the article is that the author says that Bharara "might not win the case". Does he know something we do not? Looks like a solid case to me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Here's another op ed from the Post. I see Andy is trying to distance himself by making sure the articles praise him on the Moreland Commission:

http://nypost.com/2015/01/22/everyone-knew-about-sheldon-silvers-corruption-charges/
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:53:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
http://nypost.com/2015/01/25/democrats-defend-silver-because-they-profit-from-his-corrupt-system/

What bothered me in the article is that the author says that Bharara "might not win the case". Does he know something we do not? Looks like a solid case to me.
View Quote

You can always lose, it's in the hands of the jury. Silver brought home the bacon for many years, he will play the Jew sympathy card, one never knows. You guys are in for a very long ride, this can drag out for years.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:15:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You can always lose, it's in the hands of the jury. Silver brought home the bacon for many years, he will play the Jew sympathy card, one never knows. You guys are in for a very long ride, this can drag out for years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"You guys"? Have you moved?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:23:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, but I'm not hanging on every word of every story about this fiasco. I've learned to compartmentalize it. Seems some folks will fret over the nuance of every story, rumor, tweet. Me, I'm just letting it ride and what will be will be.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Some Democrat on Fios 1 News said the last 3 leaders of NY politics (?) were indicted and all were eventually exonerated.  I'm not sure who he was talking about, but I don't like those odds.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:24:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Andrew is putting the 'ole political shine on his decision to shut down the Moreland Commission:

Responding to Mr. Silver’s arrest, Mr. Cuomo argued to a newspaper editorial board that the charges actually vindicated his decision to shut down the commission. Federal prosecutors, he reasoned, were better suited to conduct a criminal investigation of a legislator than his own panel had been.

Mr. Cuomo, in a meeting on Thursday with the editorial board of The Daily News, argued that while the Moreland Commission had been stalled in court, Mr. Bharara was able to build a case and prosecute Mr. Silver.

“If anything, it vindicates what happened,” Mr. Cuomo said.
View Quote

Sheldon Silver’s Arrest Leaves Governor Cuomo in Difficult Spot
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:31:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, you never know.  Who thought that Dirty Shelly would get caught by  the Feds?  Let's let it ride and see what happens.

Tell you what, news 12 in Westchester is hammering it pretty well, and they are liberal.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:54:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Andrew is putting the 'ole political shine on his decision to shut down the Moreland Commission:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Responding to Mr. Silver’s arrest, Mr. Cuomo argued to a newspaper editorial board that the charges actually vindicated his decision to shut down the commission. Federal prosecutors, he reasoned, were better suited to conduct a criminal investigation of a legislator than his own panel had been.

Mr. Cuomo, in a meeting on Thursday with the editorial board of The Daily News, argued that while the Moreland Commission had been stalled in court, Mr. Bharara was able to build a case and prosecute Mr. Silver.

Sure, Andy, keep telling yourself this. Until the handcuffs are slammed on your wrists. Obstruction of justice, anyone?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:58:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I wouldn't expect him to admit otherwise. He has always been all about appearances over reality.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I wouldn't expect him to admit otherwise. He has always been all about appearances over reality.

I wouldn't expect him to admit otherwise. He has always been all about keeping up appearances despite reality. Nothing to see here, all is well.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:05:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Some Democrat on Fios 1 News said the last 3 leaders of NY politics (?) were indicted and all were eventually exonerated.  I'm not sure who he was talking about, but I don't like those odds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's because they rely on the short term memory loss of the average American. They deny that Spitzer, Patterson and the rest were guilty to the point that they quietly went away.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I wouldn't expect him to admit otherwise. He has always been all about keeping up appearances despite reality. Nothing to see here, all is well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BINGO, there shall be NO APPEARANCE OF IMPROPRIETY!
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:24:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

BINGO, there shall be NO APPEARNCE OF IMPROPRIETY!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Until it is revealed by others why Andy has appointed various persons to Public Authorities. I have a feeling things are just getting warmed up. .
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:24:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that's what we will see period.  Also, didn't he (FUAC) hire a criminal attorney not too long ago?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Haha, whoops. Didn't realize lockedandloaded and I wrote pretty much the same thing. Oh well, it is the truth.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 4:51:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:26:48 AM EDT
[#33]
McLaughlin posted on fb that a good source is saying Silver has agreed to step down.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:14:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
McLaughlin posted on fb that a good source is saying Silver has agreed to step down.  
View Quote

Not good enough.

The only thing he can do to make right all his wrongs is suicide.  Recorded on video and uploaded to youtube.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:54:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Silver may step down.  Who cares?

It's his underlings that can give up Cuomo, that's what is important.

Can you imagine the damage control (fear) that's running through the NYS political system right now?   Trades of "I won't talk if you don't" across both sides.   Somebody is going to break.  And the whole shell game is coming down.   Bharara's "wait and see" statement is a scare tactic with teeth.   It means OK boys, who's going to get some time off for working with us and who's going down the tubes?   It's not BS, Moorland gave Bharara the ammo...now he's shooting officers.   LOL bye bye NYS politicians!    This could be the biggest blow up in US politics ever.    

Oh, and bye bye Dean!  FUDS!   Scared yet, you worthless POS?

FWIW I think that buying dinner for Bharara in exchange for putting in extra effort to nail a particular politician isn't illegal.   So give him a call, invite him to dinner, and tell him to nail Skelos!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:46:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Governor Blagojevich got 14 years for this same kind of shit, but never got the money

Silver got the gold

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:00:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:08:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

If true, that means Preet has him dead to rights.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:25:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just heard on the radio that he has not agreed to step down or resign.  What a fucking scumbag.  He probably wants to fuck us just a little bit more.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:32:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I just heard on the radio that he has not agreed to step down or resign.  What a fucking scumbag.  He probably wants to fuck us just a little bit more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.  He will just be replaced by a cleaner, younger version of himself... then back to business as usual in Albany.  Drag this out as long as possible.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:46:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
As soon as I saw the news I wanted to pop into the NY HTF and see the reactions.

This is great news. My wife is a New Yorker and I've spent a lot of time there.

Rot in jail Shelly
View Quote

Please do a few celebratory mag dumps for us
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:11:40 AM EDT
[#43]
http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/albany/2015/01/8560850/silver-empower-five-senior-members

ALBANY—Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver is set to cede power to five of the chamber's senior members, two people briefed on his plans told Capital.
View Quote

The group would include majority leader Joe Morelle of Rochester, as well as Denny Farrell of Harlem, Joe Lentol of Brooklyn, Cathy Nolan of Queens and Carl Heastie of the Bronx.
View Quote

Man, can't believe NYC is so heavily represented... it's almost like they run the state or something!

Each of the sources described the arrangement as temporary, with Silver retaining the option to reassume his powers. In an email, Silver spokesman Mike Whyland said the speaker would remain in place.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:41:53 AM EDT
[#44]
The Politico has a great article on the two lovebirds, Silver and Cuomo:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/01/andrew-cuomo-sheldon-silver-114584.html#.VMZbtbo5Bjo
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#45]
hot
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:27:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
There's a basic philosophy the arrogant ignore: "The two things in life that will always get you in trouble:being greedy and being in too big a hurry."
It was greed that eventually led to his demise, and like all narcissistic politicians, he'll come out with how this will all be explained in Court, how he's not guilty, and stepping down would be an admission to guilt while ignoring the peoples business.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:42:09 PM EDT
[#47]
This state needs a political overhaul enema.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This state needs a political overhaul enema.
View Quote

Not good enough for my liking.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:12:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Liberty tree needs to come back.. Its time in NY for another one.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:23:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No benefit to stepping down now - we probably still have to pay him.
He'll probably hang on to the last possible second & then try to bargain away jail time in exchange for his resignation.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top