Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 22
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 3:25:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's good news! I thought they were going to do away with trusts and require Cleo sign off
View Quote

No, now you just have to send fingerprints, photos, and a list of what you own to the CLEO.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 8:22:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
No, now you just have to send fingerprints, photos, and a list of what you own to the CLEO.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's good news! I thought they were going to do away with trusts and require Cleo sign off

No list.

You just have to send a copy of your completed Form-whatever, prior to submitting the forms to ATF - like a C&R application.

Of course, nothing prevents the CLEO office from making their own list, but... YMMV...

Link Posted: 1/11/2016 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#3]
http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2015-16/Pdf/Bills/Senate%20Bills/6165.pdf
Takko has introduced his bill, SB 6165.  (Takko is one of the good guys, took over Hatfield's seat)

Blake's bill will likely be introduced this week.  

Jinkins did not get transferred to chair the Appropriations.  Expect that she will not let the house version of this bill move forward.  Snowball's chance on passage.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 12:50:23 PM EDT
[#4]
So is this fix still just going to help out licensed manufacturers? Or is it going to encompass everything, like me being able to form 1 a build myself?
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 12:51:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn. Takko's bill looks like what we needed from the beginning.

Link Posted: 1/11/2016 12:52:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So is this fix still just going to help out licensed manufacturers? Or is it going to encompass everything, like me being able to form 1 a build myself?
View Quote

Did you read Takko's bill? Not illegal for a person to manufacture a SBR in accordance with federal law. IE: Form 1.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 2:08:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

If your talking about FFL's (07) as licensed manufacturers, they are exempt.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 2:19:38 PM EDT
[#8]
That looks good! Hoping there's no problems going through
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 3:05:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Disappointing to hear that there's a slim chance of this revision going through.  Out of curiosity, when would we know for sure if it's been blocked?  This month, or several months from now?

In any case, I'll probably move forward with sending a couple ARs to get SBR'd then.  Was hoping to form 1 them myself so I could still use them while waiting for approval, but it sounds like no point to wait any longer.  But at least there's still options which I'm grateful for!
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#10]
It is only a 60 day session.  Opposition will most likely be upfront.  Blake will try and run his bill through, but with Jinkins there it is a slim chance.  She has a mental health bill and a safe storage bill she is trying to run, and without support on those from others she will likely not be receptive to theirs.

Buy a Form 4 rifle if you really want an SBR.  Relatively inexpensive if you are going the AR route.  Mine was $799 including tax for a plane jane DSA 14.5" 5.56 gun a while back, not including stamp..  (Still about $788 before taxes, etc)  Took it through a carbine class Saturday, ran like a top, and dropped all cases in a dinner plate sized group.  You can always purchase other uppers and change it around afterwards.  http://www.dsarms.com/p-14219-dsa-zm4-145-chromed-lined-flat-top-carbine-556-cal.aspx
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 3:57:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Buy a Form 4 rifle if you really want an SBR.  Relatively inexpensive if you are going the AR route.  Mine was $799 including tax for a plane jane DSA 14.5" 5.56 gun a while back, not including stamp..  (Still about $788 before taxes, etc)  Took it through a carbine class Saturday, ran like a top, and dropped all cases in a dinner plate sized group.  You can always purchase other uppers and change it around afterwards.  http://www.dsarms.com/p-14219-dsa-zm4-145-chromed-lined-flat-top-carbine-556-cal.aspx
View Quote

Yup, that's definitely what I'll be doing going forward.  I just have a couple I bought with the intent to form 1 early last year that didn't make it through, so I just want to get those finished up the form 2/4 route, then it'll be Form 4 rifles for all future purchases.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 4:00:05 PM EDT
[#12]
So we can buy already factory made SBRs but we cant make them?
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 4:17:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Silly, but yes.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Silly, but yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Silly, but yes.

Well, last time we all thought it was completely DOA, the miraculously it appeared on the floor for a vote.  Maybe this time lightning will stroke twice!
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 5:22:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Well, last time we all thought it was completely DOA, the miraculously it appeared on the floor for a vote.  Maybe this time lightning will stroke twice!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Silly, but yes.

If she doesn't give the bill a hearing (corrected) it has no chance. Most likely that's what she'll do, not even let it get a hearing (corrected). By allowing the first SBR bill a hearing (corrected) she allowed Chopp the ability to pull it to the floor last minute.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Washington really sucks.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 8:08:50 PM EDT
[#17]
If I am reading this right SB-6165 was read first time 01/11/16. Referred to Committee on Law & Justice.

Is that good news?
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Washington really sucks.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

No, it used to be awesome, right about up until the dot-com boom. It has REALLY started to suck in the past 10 years or so.

We have to do something about Seattle controlling the entire states' politics.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 8:41:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If I am reading this right SB-6165 was read first time 01/11/16. Referred to Committee on Law & Justice.

Is that good news?
View Quote

Neither good nor bad..

Firearms bills always originate from the House.  That is their procedure.  The Senate companion bill, 6165, was read in the Senate and forwarded to their corresponding committee to the House Judiciary committee.  We will need to have the House bill read and discussed in the Judiciary committee.  The Senate bill can go all the way through, be approved by the Senate, sent to the House, but without going through the House Judiciary, it stalls, never makes it to the floor for a vote, and dies.  

When we got the suppressor legislation passed we had both House (Blake) and Senate (Hatfield) bills.  By the time the house bill got to the Senate, Klein had already voted for and approved the Senate suppressor bill, so it made things very easy.  

Until you see the House version read into the record and it gets a hearing there is nothing to get excited about.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 1:40:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Silly, but yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Silly, but yes.

Lame. I want to SBR my PS90.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 2:08:45 AM EDT
[#21]
House bill should be out Wednesday.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 2:21:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

sorry dawg, but what exactly does "out" mean?
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 2:35:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Silly, but yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Silly, but yes.

Can a WA dealer take an existing assembled lower from someone, put a short upper on it, and sell it all back to them as an SBR just like purchasing one complete?  Is that legit?  Or would that be the same thing as a private guy building one?

Trying to make good use of some stripped lowers I have laying around
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Can a WA dealer take an existing assembled lower from someone, put a short upper on it, and sell it all back to them as an SBR just like purchasing one complete?  Is that legit?  Or would that be the same thing as a private guy building one?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Silly, but yes.

Yes, if they are a manufacturer. And they will have to engrave their info on it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 11:42:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Introduced.  Presented.  Out in the wild.  Available for reading.  First step of trying to get it passed.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Introduced.  Presented.  Out in the wild.  Available for reading.  First step of trying to get it passed.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know in the past it's been useless to try and contact the chair of the committee (since they've always been outside of my district).  Has that changed at all.  I'd be all for sending her an email asking it gets a hearing, since this impacts the entire state, and she herself is holding it up, districts don't matter for shit on this.  I thought the last time she allowed the SBR bill through she did it because there was an anti bill going through at the same time (a one for one deal) that got defeated.  There are like 3 right now.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Brian is attempting to get a hearing, but do not hold out a lot of hope for it.  A lot of the shit bills you see actually have no chance in hell of passing, or evening getting a committee level hearing.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Brian is attempting to get a hearing, but do not hold out a lot of hope for it.  A lot of the shit bills you see actually have no chance in hell of passing, or evening getting a committee level hearing.
View Quote

Good to hear someone is trying to reason with her.  I'm over at Microsoft, and sent an email to the firearm mailing group we have here.  Hopefully some of the people on the mailing list are in her district and can send her a message.  I know the previous chair of the judiciary committee had replied to my email basically saying to f-off since I wasn't in his district.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Good to hear someone is trying to reason with her.  I'm over at Microsoft, and sent an email to the firearm mailing group we have here.  Hopefully some of the people on the mailing list are in her district and can send her a message.  I know the previous chair of the judiciary committee had replied to my email basically saying to f-off since I wasn't in his district.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, Jamie Pederson.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 5:25:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Got a hearing, believe it or not.  Not looking for anybody to come up and speak (per Brian), but if you can show up and sign up in support of the bill, that would be great.  Next Thursday.  Not sure of the time just yet.  The "90 days after session" rule would apply if the changes were approved.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Got a hearing, believe it or not.  Not looking for anybody to come up and speak (per Brian), but if you can show up and sign up in support of the bill, that would be great.  Next Thursday.  Not sure of the time just yet.  The "90 days after session" rule would apply if the changes were approved.
View Quote

That is awesome!  Thanks for the hard work Dawgfish.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 6:33:31 PM EDT
[#32]
That is fantastic news!
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 10:55:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Awesome.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 11:10:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is that Thursday January 14th or the 21st?  I didn't see it on the schedule for the 14th, so I assume it is the 21st?  Thanks for the info.

Randy
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 3:28:26 AM EDT
[#35]
woohoo! Which day?
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 3:36:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's awesome news!
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 12:17:42 PM EDT
[#37]
http://app.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=2481&year=2015
House Bill 2481  The hearing will be on the 21st.  

Still no time yet.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Is HB2354 getting a hearing??
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 12:55:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Nope, not at this time.  The other bills that will be on the agenda that day are the safe storage law (1747) and the extreme risk protection order (2461).
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Nope, not at this time.  The other bills that will be on the agenda that day are the safe storage law (1747) and the extreme risk protection order (2461).
View Quote

So is that just for now (it may get a chance for a hearing later)? Sorry I'm out of the loop, just started paying attention again lately.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 1:42:51 PM EDT
[#41]
There is always a chance that it will get a hearing, but I have a friend in the legislature who keeps me informed daily, if not hourly, of things that may be of a concern to us.  If there is a change of status, I will surely let you know, or confirm what others have said.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
There is always a chance that it will get a hearing, but I have a friend in the legislature who keeps me informed daily, if not hourly, of things that may be of a concern to us.  If there is a change of status, I will surely let you know, or confirm what others have said.
View Quote

Excellent, thanks for keeping us updated!
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 11:45:01 PM EDT
[#43]
The hearing is January 21 at 1:30 PM.

Randy, I'd love to have you there with me if you have the time off.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 11:08:04 AM EDT
[#44]
I may actually be able to make it to this after all...it really depends on work, but maybe. For the hearing noobs, where exactly do we go? I've never been to one (live in Vancouver and my work schedule is crazy sometimes...) but I would very much like to show up in support of this bill...
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 3:53:13 PM EDT
[#45]
John L Obrein building, I believe meeting room A.  (CORRECTED)  Show up around 1pm, sign in on all bills, including ones you don't like, and indicate for or against.  If you will be speaking on one, be prepared.  You have 3 minutes.  Try and get your piece down to 2:30.  See you there.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 5:00:10 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

We have to do something about Seattle controlling the entire states' politics.
View Quote

That would take (1) SCOTUS overturning 'one man one vote', and (2) getting a federal-style model for legislative districts (where senate seats are apportioned by county or groups-of-counties irrespective of population, and House seats are apportioned by pure population)...

Or it would take a whole bunch of Southern/Midwestern folks moving into the non-Seattle parts of the state & upping the exurban/suburban population.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 5:35:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Or a very large earthquake.

Thanks for the info dawg, I'm gonna try to make it. If work will allow it, I'll be there.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Even though this new bill should be a simple legislative fix for a bill that passed with huge majorities just 2 years ago, I think it's going to be tough to pass in a short session. Legislators hearing from their constituents may help, if it's close. Here is what I sent my reps. If you want to rip off part of all of it, feel free. Using it as a template you could knock this out in just a couple of minutes...

Good afternoon! There is a public hearing for HB2481 in the judiciary committee coming up on 1/21. As a constituent I'd appreciate any and all support you are able to provide for this important bill. 2481 fixes the language of the SBR legalization bill that was signed into law in 2014 (SB5956) after landslide votes in favor by both parties. The new bill brings WA short barreled rifle law fully into compliance with the federal National Firearms Act of 1934 and is in keeping with the intent of the original bill passed a few years ago. More than just a legislative "fix", this bill is a step in the right direction for the 2nd Amendment Rights of Washingtonians. I support 2481 and I hope that you will do what you can in Olympia to support its passage at the earliest possible date. Thank you for your time,

Signed Jon Q. Gunguy
View Quote

You can go here to find / contact reps:

linky

I realize the legislaters not on the committee can't do much to get this bill out of committee, but you never know how large numbers of people contacting their reps might influence things. IMO its worth a shot. If nothing else, it could have some influence when/if the bill does get a full vote on the floor.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 6:02:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Your draft is/was appreciated, jekbrown

Done

Link Posted: 1/15/2016 10:42:17 PM EDT
[#50]
tag for outcome
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top