Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 22
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#1]
eForms site is down today with a static place-holder message that basically says, "We're broken and don't know when we'll be fixed so you should do a paper submission, bitches".

Rob
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 10:22:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
eForms sight is down today with a static place-holder message that basically says, "We're broken and don't know when we'll be fixed so you should do a paper submission, bitches".

Rob
View Quote

I hope they get it back online soon, my last F1 was approved with no email notification. I only found out it was approved by checking my account and had to email them to resend the approved pdf.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 10:39:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I would suspect it comes back Thursday. Wednesday has always been maintenance day, and after today, cant file Form 1s so shouldnt be much load on it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 7:53:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Eform site back up for anyone wanted to check their account.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 9:02:20 PM EDT
[#5]
With eForms your only option is electronic stamp via PDF file.  There is no option for a real stamp.

Also with eForms there is no ability to make corrections.  One error and it's automatically disapproved.  Previously you could immediately submit a new eForm and ask Uncle Ted for expedited processing of the new correction submittal.  With 41f now in effect that option is gone.  Any eForm in the system now that gets disapproved from July 13th onward will automatically mean you will have to file with paper form and under the new 41f requirements.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 11:20:41 PM EDT
[#6]
...and this is why you wait to engrave until AFTER you get approved. Like many people I'm using one trust for pre-41F and a different one for post-41F, if I ever buy more NFA stuff. Different trust names, so yeah, if I engrave now I'd be even more pissed about a denial.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 11:31:42 PM EDT
[#7]
If your trust is constructed such the co-trustee is a separate living amendment there is no need to start a second trust.

My trust for example the co-trustee page I can tear up at any time, effectively removing all co-trustees from my trust.  Then I can file for a new stamp under 41f with myself as the only responsible party.  Once approved print a new page add all the co-trustees back on the trust.  Wash, rinse, repeat.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 11:40:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Is there nothing in 41F that addresses adding trustees to a trust after the fact?  That really surprises me as that is really a big loophole.  You would think that they would have made it so that any new trustees had to be fingerprinted and photographed.  Good for us, if not.

Rob
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 12:12:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Nope, nothing.  Imagine the work load if they had to approve changes to every single trust used to obtain a NFA stamp after the fact.  Impossible.

There is nothing that says you must notify the ATF if you add/remove responsible parties to your trust.  They only want to know parties on your trust at the time you submit a new form.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 2:54:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Eform site back up for anyone wanted to check their account.
View Quote

Won't open for me.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm not even going to bother trying to log into it for a week or so. Attempts to access it will fall off a cliff soon. 98% of the site's traffic will be gone now that form 1 is dead.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Nope, we managed to break eforms, she's dead still.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 8:39:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Back up now, logged in and all my approved and in-process forms are intact.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 8:41:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Back up now, logged in and all my approved and in-process forms are intact.
View Quote

Just logged in;

+1 my stuff looks as it should.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 3:04:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Just got an email from FedEx that ATF is sending me a package, to be delivered the 19th.  Hmmmm...
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just got an email from FedEx that ATF is sending me a package, to be delivered the 19th.  Hmmmm...
View Quote

When did you submit?
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
When did you submit?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

When did you submit?
This one was submitted  June 13, disapproved June 22, resubmitted June 28.  It was eforms, so doubt it's a paper stamp.

Link Posted: 7/15/2016 6:09:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This one was submitted  June 13, disapproved June 22, resubmitted June 28.  It was eforms, so doubt it's a paper stamp.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When did you submit?

That'd be interesting if eForms was down (other than ability to review) and so thus they mailed you a copy of an eForm stamped...
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When did you submit?

so what could it be?Way to soon to be anything approved...and they wouldn't ship you an eform that was denied so....
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#20]
That is very odd since I've never seen the ATF use any other carrier than USPS.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That is very odd since I've never seen the ATF use any other carrier than USPS.
View Quote

Maybe they're shipping him back his HK MP7

One could only hope they'd make that mistake for a day or two.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 11:05:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

...and this is why you wait to engrave until AFTER you get approved. Like many people I'm using one trust for pre-41F and a different one for post-41F, if I ever buy more NFA stuff. Different trust names, so yeah, if I engrave now I'd be even more pissed about a denial.
View Quote

I did my first one like that, then I read in Class iii forum a different approach...

Engrave step one, then if anything about the engraving is fucked up you dont waste a stamp. Lowers and engraving is cheap, stamps arent.

I followed that advice, and had a ready to go lower 7/11.

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 12:09:45 AM EDT
[#23]
if I was worried about errors with engraving, I'd agree with that tactic...but the guy I go to is an expert. 3rd generation engraver, lots of aerospace experience etc. My trust name, city, and state is total childs play for guys like this. Prolly a better chance of being hit by a meteor than an engraving problem, which even if it did happen you could always just engrave it again anyway.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sooo...

Update?
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:14:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Maybe it was an entirely different "ATF".  Because growing up I thought ATF was automatic transmission fluid.

Rob
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 4:45:38 AM EDT
[#26]
update?
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 4:20:52 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

It was just the paper F1's, finger print cards, etc. I had requested.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 11:23:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 1:21:51 PM EDT
[#29]
For those that submitted form 1's before 41P went into effect, have your form 1's gone pending?

I submitted a few in June and I still do not have an "internal control number" listed on the web site.

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
For those that submitted form 1's before 41P went into effect, have your form 1's gone pending?

I submitted a few in June and I still do not have an "internal control number" listed on the web site.

View Quote

I think they're still working on April/May.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 2:14:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, thanks. I'm not surprised I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Nevermind.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:32:51 AM EDT
[#33]
I haven't seen any confirmed may approvals yet. Source? I follow the wait time threads here. The cutting edge ones are April, but there's still quiet a few Feb/March rolling in...

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 3:51:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Form 1 sbr

submitted 4/12/16
approved 10/03/16
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 6:19:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Form 1 sbr

submitted 4/12/16
approved 10/03/16
View Quote

I was two months behind you, perhaps there is some light at the end of the tunnel.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 12:59:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Anyone getting their June forms back yet?
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Nothing yet on my 6/19 check cashed , paper, trust.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#38]
SBR forum on this site is reporting stamps coming back currently for mid-May applications.  I expect we'll be seeing our June stamps in mid December or so.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
SBR forum on this site is reporting stamps coming back currently for mid-May applications.  I expect we'll be seeing our June stamps in mid December or so.
View Quote

Thanks.

Just got my last suppressor approved, and plan on using it solely on the sbr I have pending. Never thought I'd still be waiting on a F1.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 8:05:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

6/17 for me, nothing as well.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 9:17:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am about 10 days before this^, nothing yet.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 9:18:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same. 6/9 nothing
7/8 nothing. (Got kicked back because I listed the M92 something wrong)
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 12:19:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Anyone getting their June forms back yet?
View Quote

June 8th eFile here, nothing yet.  From what I'm seeing they are approving around 5/17 right now.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#44]
June 9 eFile. No word here.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 11:55:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Were getting close. I have one ea from June 8th, and 9th.

Thinking they may come through the second week of Dec.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 5:14:50 AM EDT
[#46]
I have 5 6/9 eF1 submissions... Hoping for a Christmas present. Also have a pF4 from 4/18... Right now it's kind of a race to see which comes back first. I'm betting on the eF1s.

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 7:35:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have 5 6/9 eF1 submissions... Hoping for a Christmas present. Also have a pF4 from 4/18... Right now it's kind of a race to see which comes back first. I'm betting on the eF1s.Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

My 4/4 can was approved 11/9(still haven't received it) 6/9 efile still waiting. I think it'll be mid dec on the efile
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 10:42:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

My 4/4 can was approved 11/9(still haven't received it) 6/9 efile still waiting. I think it'll be mid dec on the efile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have 5 6/9 eF1 submissions... Hoping for a Christmas present. Also have a pF4 from 4/18... Right now it's kind of a race to see which comes back first. I'm betting on the eF1s.Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Sweet, so my 4/14 can is getting close!

Shitty part is after that one, there's a 2-month gap in submissions...
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 11:28:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

this particular F4 might get a lil extra scrutiny, we'll see. I'm hoping for a Christmas present but for some ungodly reason it tends to take 4-5 weeks for the ATF to mail me stamps most of the time so it's looking like it'll be 2017 even if it does officially get approved in the next few days. meh.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:05:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

this particular F4 might get a lil extra scrutiny, we'll see. I'm hoping for a Christmas present but for some ungodly reason it tends to take 4-5 weeks for the ATF to mail me stamps most of the time so it's looking like it'll be 2017 even if it does officially get approved in the next few days. meh.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top