Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:16:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My brother is already planning to let one part time guy go at his store and just work the extra hours, or open a little later, close a little earlier.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess we're getting a minimum wage hike.

My brother is already planning to let one part time guy go at his store and just work the extra hours, or open a little later, close a little earlier.

Unintended consequences. People sure don't spend much time thinking about these things when they vote for crap like this. HS and College kids are going to feel it, even if they don't realize it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:50:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Ugh, snow is melting. County roads are a sloppy mess. One of these days I need to teach the guys here how to put a crown on a road, not just use the graders they have to pull a drag.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:29:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I was going to go on Sunday but I was sick.

I have a new P-07 that I need to break in so I can use it for my carry gun.  It's jammed a couple times in the 100 or so rounds I've shot it, but it's really tight.  Hopefully shooting it a bunch will loosen things up.  I won't carry it until I can get several hundred trouble free rounds through it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I got a few rounds in the other day through my new G17C.

Still miss my 19C dammit
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:36:54 AM EDT
[#6]
really broke in my saker 762 on multiple 5.56 and 300blk AR's. also threaded my ruger american .243 barrel and stuck a brake on it to run my saker. i must say, that might be my new favorite firearm to shoot suppressed!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:16:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I didnt go shooting. Too many things to finish up before baby #2 comes. But i did fondle some guns in my safe, thats as close as i got.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:38:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Finally got to shoot my G21/Osprey combo yesterday.  Pretty quiet, but not as quiet as it is on my G17 with subsonic 147g ammo.  

Also shot my new-to-me IO AK47, taught my son how to bumpfire with it. That put a big smile on his face...    

Did anybody else go shooting this weekend?
View Quote

I did.  Went out with a few coworkers, one had never shot an AR, the other had 0 experience with suppressors.

Both shot my SBR and 16" AR's with suppressor, then we ran a bunch of 147gr 9mm through my M&P with Osprey9.  I think I cost both of them a lot of money.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:44:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I want to go shooting but am recovering from breaking my collar bone and tearing up my shoulder during an accident.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:36:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Stupid warm weather is going to ruin my ice fishing.

Went up to Summit today and did ok on bluegills. Ice is still "safe" as of today.  I would guess that after next week the edges will open up.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:16:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Went up to Summit today and did ok on bluegills. Ice is still "safe" as of today.  I would guess that after next week the edges will open up.
View Quote

We still have some  thick ice up here in Valentine. I think Beeds and the like on Merritt Reservoir  will be fine with all the shade they get. More worried if the wind picks up on Mon-Tues, as that will destroy the ice on the refuge.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 4:33:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
We still have some  thick ice up here in Valentine. I think Beeds and the like on Merritt Reservoir  will be fine with all the shade they get. More worried if the wind picks up on Mon-Tues, as that will destroy the ice on the refuge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

From the pictures I've seen the refuge looks like a fun place to ice fish. When do you usually get fishable ice up there?  

We didn't get ice this year until late December.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:39:05 AM EDT
[#13]

Lets go shoot or something.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:11:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's fucking cold.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:23:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It's fucking cold.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's fucking cold.

Just got back from a 3 hour night shoot. What's your excuse?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:53:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's fucking cold.

You didn't invite me.

But I would have had to work anyway.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:23:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's fucking cold.

lol@ 3 hour night shoot at 2123, that shits early
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, i hope to go on a night shoot sometime.

In other news, i bought an ATN Night Spirit that doesnt work too well. My electronics teacher said hed help me fix or troubleshoot it. Hes pretty interested in it too. hopefully i can find a Gen2 tube fairly cheap if thats the problem.

But i can get a PVS14 as soon as i sell my LR308 and save up a few more pennies.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:21:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

In other news, i bought an ATN Night Spirit that doesnt work too well. My electronics teacher said hed help me fix or troubleshoot it. Hes pretty interested in it too. hopefully i can find a Gen2 tube fairly cheap if thats the problem.

But i can get a PVS14 as soon as i sell my LR308 and save up a few more pennies.
View Quote
I bought one of those used from Apex also.  It died about 15 minutes after I got it so I sent it back.  I've been tempted to buy another but I really should save up for a pvs-14.

As soon as I finish my .260 Rem build.  And finish remodeling my bathroom.  And put a new roof on my house.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:18:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I bought one of those used from Apex also.  It died about 15 minutes after I got it so I sent it back.  I've been tempted to buy another but I really should save up for a pvs-14.  

As soon as I finish my .260 Rem build.  And finish remodeling my bathroom.  And put a new roof on my house.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nightlong Industries has a blem pvs14 and comes with a great mount for $2200. I might get one of those, depending on data sheet.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:13:17 PM EDT
[#21]
With an expected high of 54° on Friday, and that happening to be my day off, I foresee much lead going downrange at Ike's...My old Mauser needs a workout, and since I can't find any 62gr to shoot, I'm going to have to start using 55gr for the AR again. Dammit, guess i'll have to sight in the rifle again.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:22:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

With an expected high of 54° on Friday, and that happening to be my day off, I foresee much lead going downrange at Ike's...My old Mauser needs a workout, and since I can't find any 62gr to shoot, I'm going to have to start using 55gr for the AR again. Dammit, guess i'll have to sight in the rifle again.
View Quote
I'm going to try and make it, if I get time.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:20:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#24]
even with this heat wave, the NE HTF still is lame.  since i don't have time to shoot, i bought myself a little drone from Amazon.  its the Inguity HD camera drone and some parts.  i also am hoping to start and finish my two 80% lowers before summer.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
even with this heat wave, the NE HTF still is lame.  since i don't have time to shoot, i bought myself a little drone from Amazon.  its the Inguity HD camera drone and some parts.  i also am hoping to start and finish my two 80% lowers before summer.
View Quote

Doesnt have time to shoot. Has time to buy little drone from amazon and play with it.

MmmmmHmmm...
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#26]
I have my upstairs bathroom completely gutted down to the studs. Now I'm starting to put it back together, so I haven't had time to shoot in ages.  I think I'm going to hit the 300yd range at the Ikes on Saturday though.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 6:33:52 PM EDT
[#27]
There's a pistol fun shoot at the Columbus range Saturday.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Doesnt have time to shoot. Has time to buy little drone from amazon and play with it.

MmmmmHmmm...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MmmmmHmmm...

No time to leave the house, so i gotta play downstairs.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#29]
i had a little play time at Thunder Alley today.

Link Posted: 4/4/2015 10:05:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 12:18:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 10:41:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Ok for real though, I have recently started bullseye shooting in matches in Lincoln.  My first match was 370, and the one last Saturday was 442.  I hope to be over 500 for the next one in two months but who knows?
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 10:48:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Getting nebraskans together for anything but football and drinking is like herding corky cats underwater.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 12:39:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Getting nebraskans together for anything but football and drinking is like herding corky cats underwater.
View Quote

Does this mean we need to trick said Nebraskans into getting together some Saturday Caturday with the guise of getting drunk and watching football only to start pulling guns out and shooting things right when they get comfortable?
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 8:49:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

So, now you're against drinking?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 7:05:12 PM EDT
[#36]
work is super duper slow.... so here's a pic of one of my daughter's 80% builds i'm doing for her.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:13:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Well, I added myself to the NFA Jail Club. Picked up an SDN-6 from Scott last week.

At $645 I couldn't NOT do that.

Let's see, 4 months from now would be...:)
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:20:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Well, I added myself to the NFA Jail Club. Picked up an SDN-6 from Scott last week.

View Quote

Nice. I'm moving my 556 to short uppers as soon as my paperwork comes back, and then turning my long gun into 6.5 Grendel. Which of course means I'll need a 30 cal OSS or SF can.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:01:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Nice. I'm moving my 556 to short uppers as soon as my paperwork comes back, and then turning my long gun into 6.5 Grendel. Which of course means I'll need a 30 cal OSS or SF can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I have my 16" 556 rifle, if I build another it'll be a second shorty.  Anything longer I'm going 6.5G or 308.

SF SOCOM762 cans are reportedly less than impressive, but I could be wrong, it's all hearsay.  I'm really happy with my SOCOM556, I want to grab a mini here soon as well.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:05:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yeah I have my 16" 556 rifle, if I build another it'll be a second shorty.  Anything longer I'm going 6.5G or 308.

SF SOCOM762 cans are reportedly less than impressive, but I could be wrong, it's all hearsay.  I'm really happy with my SOCOM556, I want to grab a mini here soon as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like SF for the attachment, not the sound.  I like OSS for the design concept, but not necessarily the sound or attachment. I wish I could get an OSS can with a SF mount.  Oh, and night vision beer is good beer.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:13:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I like SF for the attachment, not the sound.  I like OSS for the design concept, but not necessarily the sound or attachment. I wish I could get an OSS can with a SF mount.  Oh, and night vision beer is good beer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fully understood, their attachment method is rock solid.

And
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:41:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Sigh....boring.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:42:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Sigh....boring.
View Quote

I never get to shoot anymore.  I'm extra boring.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:52:47 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm going shooting this weekend.

Envy me.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sigh....boring.

We should go shooting one of these days.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:54:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sigh....boring.

Yeah but where?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Moving back home from MO is night and day.  Lots of activity, get togethers etc living down there.  Now you can go days without a post here.  Thank god I built my own range and shoot as I feel like.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:18:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Moving back home from MO is night and day.  Lots of activity, get togethers etc living down there.  Now you can go days without a post here.  Thank god I built my own range and shoot as I feel like.
View Quote

Please tell us this is a drunk post.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:35:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not drunk simply typing on the phone, using some brevity.  Home is NE.  I moved back from MO.

MO had lots of guys getting together to regularly, not like NE.

You can go days without a post on NEHTF.

Self explanatory.

I'm guessing you've got head trauma or are drunk.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:19:30 PM EDT
[#50]
My God this place is boring. Not even idle chit chat.

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top