Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 11:23:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Sitting at 100 days here.  

Still under review. . . .
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 11:55:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Figures as soon as I post an update, it arrives.  

102 days, sent in 3/1 license, active 6/9, license in hand 6/10.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 12:41:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 2:22:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Congratulations!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Figures as soon as I post an update, it arrives.  

102 days, sent in 3/1 license, active 6/9, license in hand 6/10.

Congratulations!  

Not that it really matters, cant carry at work, and my smallest handgun at the moment is an HK45 fullsize. . . .
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 6:52:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Applied 3/9
Active   6/18

no prints
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 9:51:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Really odd here.  I applied May 18th.  License went Active June 19th.

Since May 18th was a Sunday and I did it at in the evening I don't really count that day.  So, 30 days exactly.

I did get my prints done about 3 weeks before I took my CCW class and sent in my application (both on May 18th).
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 1:33:27 PM EDT
[#7]
The wife applied without prints on May 12th.  She received her card on June 21st.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 2:16:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Submitted 06/23/2014-With Prints.

Hoping for 30 day.

Yes!!
Went Active 07/29/2014
Just waiting for it to arrive to my house.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 3:56:32 PM EDT
[#9]
3/17 no prints. Went active 6/23. In hand 6/27.

And,,,now I am cross-referenced.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:13:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Did the application 5-23-14, with the fingerprints. Now for the wait. The c-tac holster should arrive in plenty of time.
View Quote

Arrived in mailbox 6-26-14.

Link Posted: 7/5/2014 8:41:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Took exactly 38 days from date submitted to in my hands (with prints).
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:02:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Applied 4-11

Active 7-21

100 days...finally

Update: in hand 7-23

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:54:06 PM EDT
[#13]
applied 5-5  still waiting
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:56:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
my smallest handgun at the moment is an HK45 fullsize. . . .
View Quote

I've carried a USP 45, so an HK45 should be easy

Oh and congrats
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:04:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Entered into system on 6/14/14, received license in mail on 7/23/14...39 days with electronic fingerprints.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:10:14 PM EDT
[#16]
No prints, applied 4/16, active sometime between 7/20-24, been checking usually every monday, hoping to see it tomorrow or saturday. Around 100 days.

ETA: actually went active today, I forgot I checked yesterday!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:57:42 PM EDT
[#17]
No prints, applied on 5/19. I expect it around early september
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:51:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Applied today 7/29 with prints. App# 94xxx The countdown begins

The lady doing my prints and app was saying how she's seen a big drop off in new apps lately. Only less than 300 had been entered into the site since Friday 7/25. She also said that she's been seeing quite a few folks have theirs in-hand in 6 weeks.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:38:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The lady doing my prints and app was saying how she's seen a big drop off in new apps lately. Only less than 300 had been entered into the site since Friday 7/25. She also said that she's been seeing quite a few folks have theirs in-hand in 6 weeks.
View Quote

I'm sure applications have dropped off.  The excessive fees and training requirements have done what was intended. Minimize the number of applicants. The early adopters and strongly pro CCW people have already applied. Those that are on the fence aren't able or willing to do what's required to get a license.  Many will get around to it eventually, but the initial surge is well over.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:59:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'm sure applications have dropped off.  The excessive fees and training requirements have done what was intended. Minimize the number of applicants. The early adopters and strongly pro CCW people have already applied. Those that are on the fence aren't able or willing to do what's required to get a license.  Many will get around to it eventually, but the initial surge is well over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We were talking about that. It's really gonna limit the younger crowd that doesn't have much money or the elderly that are on fixed incomes and don't have much to spare or have/know how to use computers.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:30:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

We were talking about that. It's really gonna limit the younger crowd that doesn't have much money or the elderly that are on fixed incomes and don't have much to spare or have/know how to use computers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's another group that's limited too. People with busy lives. Business owners, single parents, people with a lot of children or those that work odd shifts. Even when the $ isn't a problem they have trouble finding 16 free hours for the training.

Apparently the Illinois legislature doesn't feel any of these folks have a right to self defense.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:39:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

There's another group that's limited too. People with busy lives. Business owners, single parents, people with a lot of children or those that work odd shifts. Even when the $ isn't a problem they have trouble finding 16 free hours for the training.

Apparently the Illinois legislature doesn't feel any of these folks have a right to self defense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point. I was lucky enough to only need 8 hours but I work 6 days a week so if I needed 16 hours, it would've been hard to get.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:25:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I guess that makes me special
There was a group of guys TSA screeners that work at Lambert Airport St Louis . . They work really odd hours . They needed 16 hours for the CCL .
We had class on Friday and Saturday from 2:30pm-11:30pm . I will work with people
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:37:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

There was a group of guys TSA screeners that work at Lambert Airport St Louis . . They work really odd hours . They needed 16 hours for the CCL .
We had class on Friday and Saturday from 2:30pm-11:30pm . I will work with people
View Quote

Good on you
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:55:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've been doing it too. Evening classes, odd days, etc. It's difficult to make up a class though with all the random hours plus the hours my assistant works at her full time job.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 12:14:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Hoping for 30 day.

Yes!!
Went Active 07/29/2014
View Quote

It arrived at my house on 07/02/2014.  
Today is my first day in Illinois to carry.
Feels great!  
Be safe everyone.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 12:18:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Feels great!  
Be safe everyone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hoping for 30 day.

Yes!!
Went Active 07/29/2014

Feels great!  
Be safe everyone.

Damn. Hope mine goes that quickly, we're dangerously close to buying a house
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 10:18:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
applied 5-5  still waiting
View Quote

over 90 days now no prints
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:47:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Applied 5/29 and still waiting. On the flip side though I did apply for 4 licenses that day (AZ, UT, FL, and IL) and all have arrived except IL. They came in this order: UT, AZ and then FL at about the 60 day mark.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 12:47:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Submitted 4/30 no prints
App 72xxx
Went active yesterday. Should be in my mailbox tomorrow. Woo hoo!
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 3:55:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Submitted 4/30 no prints
App 72xxx
View Quote

Im 5-5 gotta be getting close.  do they send an email when you go active ?
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 4:21:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Submitted 4/30 no prints
App 72xxx

Have not heard of anyone getting email notices when there is a status change.  Need to check web site.  Once it goes active, it should be in your mail a few days later.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 8:59:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Have not heard of anyone getting email notices when there is a status change.  Need to check web site.  Once it goes active, it should be in your mail a few days later.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Submitted 4/30 no prints
App 72xxx

ho lee ship it went active tonight!!
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:59:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Submitted 4/30 no prints
App 72xxx

Maybe I should make the statement about my permit going active and mine will pop up.

Not gonna happen though, mine's only been submitted since 7/29
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:31:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
No prints, applied on 5/19. I expect it around early september
View Quote

Went active 8/26, hopefully will have it in hand in the next day or two!
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#37]
I think I'm just gonna get the prints. I don't have the patience to wait over 3 months after paying so much.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#38]
DAMN!!!! Mine just went active!!

I submitted on 29 July w/ prints
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#39]
SHOWED UP!

Link Posted: 11/12/2014 2:32:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Applied w/o prints on 7/27 and mine just now went active.  Only 15 days shy of 120 days.

I would have thought the initial flood of applications had petered out and they would be doing them more quickly, but nope.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 2:33:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Applied w/o prints on 7/27 and mine just now went active.  Only 15 days shy of 120 days.

I would have thought the initial flood of applications had petered out and they would be doing them more quickly, but nope.
View Quote

Damn

Mine only took 35 days but I did submit prints though
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 9:16:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Wife applied 8/04 w/o prints. Active on 11/14.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 7:01:50 PM EDT
[#43]
wife and I applied 08/23 without prints

still under review...I'm getting anxious

they will probably wait the full 120 days which will be nearly Christmas
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 1:21:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Does it say "under review" or "under board review"? While they don't really sound different, "under review" is the step most people go to right before they get approved. So if you're "under review", keep checking and your status should change to active sometime soon.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:08:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Day one of waiting starts for me today (with prints).
We'll see how long it takes.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Seems apparent they stall the no-prints applications as long as they can.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:31:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Finally submitted my application.  My brother in law payed someone to help him through the application process and do his prints, he got his permit in about 35 days.  

I submitted my application myself, no prints.

Will I receive an email about status changes or print requests, or do you have to monitor the cc4illi iOS website about your status?

Seems to sound like without prints it's gonna be at least 90 days
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Finally submitted my application.  My brother in law payed someone to help him through the application process and do his prints, he got his permit in about 35 days.  

Will I receive an email about status changes or print requests, or do you have to monitor the cc4illi iOS website about your status?

View Quote

I didn't get any email about an update. I just kept checking every day after about the 30 day mark.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:12:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Does it say "under review" or "under board review"? While they don't really sound different, "under review" is the step most people go to right before they get approved. So if you're "under review", keep checking and your status should change to active sometime soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's "under review" but it's been that way since I applied...unfortunately
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:13:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've never been notified about anything from them. I also check fairly often
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top