Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/22/2016 10:50:45 AM EDT
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_37/593212_Any_one_visit_Impact_Guns_in_South_Salt_Lake_.html&page=2#i6630868

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_37/593212_Any_one_visit_Impact_Guns_in_South_Salt_Lake_.html&page=2#i6630868

"there was a CO LGS member posting in GD, like this winner. Another young buck who with his vast firearm knowledge @ 23 yrs of age. Did the same thing, running down a customer who was new to guns, etc.

I sent that one to the stores contact e-mail. To say the owner was less than thrilled .....next day said forum member / lgs employee was looking for work."

Forum member "jim" talks about arocking a fellow forum member and getting him fired from his job.

I would like the forum member who was the gun store employee in Colorado who got fired.  No need to call yourself out in this thread.  Instead, i would like for you to IM mod "medicmandan" and let him know.  

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:20:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

"there was a CO LGS member posting in GD, like this winner. Another young buck who with his vast firearm knowledge @ 23 yrs of age. Did the same thing, running down a customer who was new to guns, etc.
I sent that one to the stores contact e-mail. To say the owner was less than thrilled .....next day said forum member / lgs employee was looking for work."

Forum member "jim" talks about arocking a fellow forum member and getting him fired from his job.
I would like the forum member who was the gun store employee in Colorado who got fired.  No need to call yourself out in this thread.  Instead, i would like for you to IM mod "medicmandan" and let him know.  

View Quote

There was no arocking. The owner sent me an e-mail saying said employee would no longer be working there. he was not impressed at all. Now if said owner did or did not dismiss this wonderful person. That was his business.

FWIW: i was not the only one who read that guys post and contacted the owner. However i have no issue stepping up and taking responsibility for what i did. That guy was a complete fuktard. Saying how he would over charge or his overall treatment of customers. Then like the the fine lgs worker in NV, post about it.

Question for you
. IF this was your business would you not like to know what is happening, why your business is slow and why people do not come in?

If there's an issue you have with that. By all means say something.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:36:52 AM EDT
[#2]
You got a guy fired by arocking him in real life, by your own admission.  I am done talking to you.

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You got a guy fired by arocking him in real life, by your own admission.  I am done talking to you.  
View Quote

Oh no!   Some jackass from Iowa isn't talking to Jim!   Why don't you take your ball and go home?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 12:11:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I have no idea what's going on, just here to watch the drama.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 3:05:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh boy.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

You think him getting fired was by Jim's actions?  We are responsible for our own deeds and no one else's. Jim didn't force him to post that content on here.

Grow up.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Arocking is doing something with malicious intent, on baseless grounds.  If the member in question posted about how he was a jerk to customers, and acting in such a way that would warrant termination normally, then it is a basic duty of a customer to notify the employer and let them know.  Jim didn't get the guy fired, the guy did it himself.  It's not like this site, or GD in particular is a catholic confessional.  This is public domain, and if you brag about being an idiot, there is nothing, zero, zilch to keep anyone from telling the employer about it.  What if the guy was bragging about how he steals from his boss?  Would that be arocking to let  the employer know that they have someone on their payroll stealing?  Heck no it wouldn't, that's helping karma along.  For someone to bash jim for what he did, that stinks of millennial self centered-not responsible for anything they did-entitlement mentality.  Next thing you know, there will be members on here actually believing the guns did an accidental discharge, and not the gun holder.  If the site bans jim for doing the right thing, then they can move me right out with him.  Next thing you know, some member from iowa(know the acronym?) will whine about how they were mistreated at a business.  Sorry dude, someone knew about it, was going to let the employer know, but didn't want to be accused of arocking someone and get banned from facebook, or wherever.  Go back to the liberal state mr quad cities.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Someone doesnt know the definition of "arocking".  

Open a book
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#9]
BTW Bettendorf,

Since you are claiming military, currently in IA,  and using a Pineland picture as your avatar thus representing yourself as a graduate of SFQC, what is your class number?  There is no SF unit in IA and not many 18s go back to a regular army unit.  Please explain, use PM if necessary.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 6:50:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

BTW Bettendorf,

Since you are claiming military, currently in IA,  and using a Pineland picture as your avatar thus representing yourself as a graduate of SFQC, what is your class number?  There is no SF unit in IA and not many 18s go back to a regular army unit.  Please explain, use PM if necessary.
View Quote
Why, so you can AROCK me?  

Fat chance.

Grow up.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Fat chance.

Grow up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BTW Bettendorf,

Fat chance.

Grow up.

No.  Your mentality is not consistent with a graduate of SFQC.  If you're legit, then you have nothing to fear.  If you're a poser, the SF community will be notified as well as your CoC.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
No.  Your mentality is not consistent with a graduate of SFQC.  If you're legit, then you have nothing to fear.  If you're a poser, the SF community will be notified as well as your CoC.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTW Bettendorf,

Fat chance.

Grow up.

You may be on to something.  You better call up my CoC

Grow up.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:09:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Open a book
View Quote

Would you point us to a book could we find that in?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Open a book

google book.  did you just get the internet?

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:16:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Open a book
View Quote

Well, by book, do you mean the Merriam Webster dictionary?  I went to their site, just to humor you, and alas, they don't possess such a word.  Try again.  Now for urbandictionary, anyone, or any millennial can go on there and make up a word and their own definition of it.  That does not mean it is legit.  I could make up a word, say Bettendork and give an interesting definition.  Does that make it automatically law?  No.  So using make believe words somehow makes you right?  I don't think so.  Classic hypocrite, complaining about someone not minding their business by letting an employer know about the misdeeds an employee brags about in public, and making it their business now, which they were never a party of themselves.  That's what the "arock" premise is basically about, isn't it?  Not minding your own business?  Here you are, trying to stir up trouble with a moderator over something that some time ago, and doesn't concern you.  It's not even in the same state.  Boy, aren't we mature.  No one can accept responsibility for what they do.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:16:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
BTW Bettendorf,

Fat chance.

Grow up.

So are you claiming military?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:24:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Grow up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
BTW Bettendorf,

Fat chance.

Grow up.

Grow up.

His boss's number is 867-5309
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
BTW Bettendorf,

View Quote

Lol what do you army guys call it? ETS? Does ever 18 guy stick around Bragg?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:25:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTW Bettendorf,

Fat chance.

Grow up.

Notify the SF community.

Oh man. That's rich.

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:25:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Open a book
View Quote

Btw, have you looked up your username on urban dictionary?  Based on what you said, if someone makes up a definition, it's the law, right?  Wondering, were you born before 1989?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:29:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Notify the SF community.

Oh man. That's rich.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTW Bettendorf,

Fat chance.

Grow up.

Notify the SF community.

Oh man. That's rich.
He should do it.  Threats of arocking don't get bans.  As evident with the fact that john-in-austin is still posting.

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:38:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Open a book

Searched Barnes and Noble and it appears they don't sell "Google book". I'll try Amazon, BRB.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:38:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
He should do it.  Threats of arocking don't get bans.  As evident with the fact that john-in-austin is still posting.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:42:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:There was no arocking.
View Quote

Wrong...it's an AROCK all day long.

It doesn't matter if you did the right thing or not, if I as a business owner would want to know, etc.  It was an AROCK, and AROCKing is verboten here.  If you are so noble that you feel morally obligated to notify the owner anyways despite the forum rules, then by all means, adhere to your moral code...hell I might even agree with it.  But you still knowingly violate the rules of this place, and therefore should gladly and nobly accept the ban that comes from an AROCKing.  You made the decision, even boasted about it, either embrace the nobility of your actions completely and die on the hill you chose, or you know...wuss out of it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
BTW Bettendorf,

View Quote

I don't think he is claiming to be in the military. I think the tank under the name means someone has been vetted and is confirmed to be in the military. In addition to that, the .mil forum polices itself incredibly well when it comes to shit like what you are insinuating. You can make accusations and drop subtle accusatory hints all you want, but you are probably barking up the wrong tree. I have no dog in this fight and it is kind of fun watching someone shoot themselves in the foot, but you're getting kind of crazy talking about calling peoples chain of command in regards to the subject matter of this thread.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Dude can call my CoC.

Wait....

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#27]
If you are falsely representing yourself as a graduate of SFQC and being selected, then yes, the SF community has an issue with you using their work and blood to make yourself look good.  By your responses to my question, it is safe to say that my assumption is true as verifications are never considered a hassle in SOF; rather they are usually appreciated.  I will hold judgement and actions until verified but yes, falsely representing yourself as SF will get you "arocked" by legitimate SF members who have earned that right.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

If you are falsely representing yourself as a graduate of SFQC and being selected, then yes, the SF community has an issue with you using their work and blood to make yourself look good.  By your responses to my question, it is safe to say that my assumption is true as verifications are never considered a hassle in SOF; rather they are usually appreciated.  I will hold judgement and actions until verified but yes, falsely representing yourself as SF will get you "arocked" by legitimate SF members who have earned that right.
View Quote
Dude. Stop. Please. Just stop. My side hurts from laughing so hard.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:54:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It doesn't matter if you did the right thing or not, if I as a business owner would want to know, etc.  It was an AROCK, and AROCKing is verboten here.  If you are so noble that you feel morally obligated to notify the owner anyways despite the forum rules, then by all means, adhere to your moral code...hell I might even agree with it.  But you still knowingly violate the rules of this place, and therefore should gladly and nobly accept the ban that comes from an AROCKing.  You made the decision, even boasted about it, either embrace the nobility of your actions completely and die on the hill you chose, or you know...wuss out of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Scroll down to the last (as of now ) reply.

I at least man up to what i do and accept the outcome of said actions.

What's sad is a lot of you (possibly you included) BITCH about gun store employees on a monthly basis. How they acted, treated you, talked down etc.

YET No one has the balls to call someone on it?  

I have no doubt an easy 3/4 of this site have no issue going to yelp or other place to bitch about their service at X eatery .
The CO member when ever, thought it was ok to post his disdain for the customer[s]. then his actions where and should be held accountable. Just as i am willing to be held. So please, stop your or anyone else OUTRAGE over what i as i'm sure others here have done. BUT not man enough to say so.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#30]
John-in-Austin is still a bitch
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

So, are you going to internet arock him now, so he can get banned?  Then maybe you should be banned too.  Because I'll go and make a new definition of arock to include being a tattle tail to the mods.  If  guy is a turd furgeson, then he brought it on himself.  End of story.  Karma and Darwin's law are needed filter out the pool water in the gene pool.  This whole arock pointing the fingers game is childish.  If the guy was just expressing his opinion, then that's one thing, and wrong.  If the guy is acting like a retard, giving us all a bad name, while at work, his boss should hear about it, and make the judgement call.  There are no victims here, the idiot who started this whole mess here in Colorado, brought it upon himself.  Bet if it was your business, and your numbers were down, you'd appreciate the intel.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:00:37 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote
Grow up

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:03:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

You should stop while you are ahead. Suffice to say that Bettendorf has the background necessary to use that flag as his avatar.

Oh, and if you take shit posted on ARFCOM and use it to impact the poster's real life, regardless of whether or not it's deserved, that's arocking. There was a time when that shit earned the offender a permanent ban.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree.  You should get this checked out.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:08:26 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He should call the SF community.  Maybe my chain of command as well.

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:09:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

You're precious
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:09:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Grow up  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Grow up  

I have a confession to make. I'm not actually a fat dude on a Jazzy Scooter. Someone should call AARP and report me as a poser.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:11:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:12:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So, are you going to internet arock him now, so he can get banned?  Then maybe you should be banned too.  Because I'll go and make a new definition of arock to include being a tattle tail to the mods.  If  guy is a turd furgeson, then he brought it on himself.  End of story.  Karma and Darwin's law are needed filter out the pool water in the gene pool.  This whole arock pointing the fingers game is childish.  If the guy was just expressing his opinion, then that's one thing, and wrong.  If the guy is acting like a retard, giving us all a bad name, while at work, his boss should hear about it, and make the judgement call.  There are no victims here, the idiot who started this whole mess here in Colorado, brought it upon himself.  Bet if it was your business, and your numbers were down, you'd appreciate the intel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He outed himself when he boasted about getting him fired.  And since I have no interest in knowing is identity or outing him in the real world, it isn't even close to an AROCKing.  Are you really this thick?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:14:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Jim contacted an ar15.com posting member's employer, about something posted online.

That's Arocking.
What is we say about arock? Pos, worthless, etc.

Same thing will be said about Jim when he gets banned for Arocking
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't there like an SF hotline number I can call?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:16:34 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:18:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was posted on page 1. It's 867-5309. That's the direct line to the secretary of the JFK Special Warfare Center's Commander. I think the secretary's name is Jenny. She'll help him get to the bottom of this shit, that's for certain.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You should stop while you are ahead. Suffice to say that Bettendorf has the background necessary to use that flag as his avatar.

Oh, and if you take shit posted on ARFCOM and use it to impact the poster's real life, regardless of whether or not it's deserved, that's arocking. There was a time when that shit earned the offender a permanent ban.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then he can easily verify with me via pm. I'll take a ban to out a confirmed poser.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:20:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Then he can easily verify with me via pm. I'll take a ban to out a confirmed poser.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why are you trying so hard to distract from Jim Arocking a guy?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:22:28 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What the hell is your problem Napoleon?

Bettendorf is legit, put down your pecker and go play with the dog or something
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:22:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why does he need to?

And who are you to demand that he do it based on a Pineland Flag Avatar?

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:23:27 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are not important enough, sorry.  Frankly, your threats to arock me with my military chain of command kinda rubbed me the wrong.  

Grow up
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:26:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
BTW Bettendorf,

Fat chance.

Grow up.

what...in the fuck?  

What the fuck do you know?  

Stay in your lane.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:36:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dunno Bettendorf, you better verify with him.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top