BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 11:56:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

They call him Shrek in Exeter.

And if anyone can find the pic that they claimed a customer tattooed their logo on the back of their head, I would appreciate it.

ETA: Holy shit they really do look alike.   Striking.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 7:31:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

And if anyone can find the pic that they claimed a customer tattooed their logo on the back of their head, I would appreciate it.

View Quote

oh crap, forgot about that one.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 7:34:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 9:38:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 2:52:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Did he sell Fart Guns?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
DART GUNS!!!!!

Link Posted: 1/29/2014 6:00:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I wonder if he has minions.  I want minions.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 6:50:23 PM EDT
[#8]
MAH

Link Posted: 2/8/2014 1:15:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Seriously though, anyone hear of people who have stamps pending? I hope he had stock for everyone he cashed a check for but I doubt it.
I tried to warn as many people as I could away from him. I thought he was either incompetent at best, and well, the truth is a little worse than I thought.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:34:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 10:09:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Seriously though, anyone hear of people who have stamps pending? I hope he had stock for everyone he cashed a check for but I doubt it.
I tried to warn as many people as I could away from him. I thought he was either incompetent at best, and well, the truth is a little worse than I thought.
View Quote

More than likely they still have a FFL/SOT. They haven't been convicted yet and it doesn't seem like it has been long enough for ATF to do a license revocation unless they worked concurrently with the State revenue service. If it does proceed to the point were they lose the license, ATF will normally assign an agent to the case to help get the items transferred to their rightful owners; however when I've seen this in the past it requires people to be proactive.
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 1:30:04 AM EDT
[#12]
This whole thing is a mess. Especially for those who have items "pending" and probably never got paperwork sent in because they didn't have them when they were sold or they resold the same suppressor over and over but only filed the paperwork for one lucky person.

If I had things pending I'd call the ATF/NFA, if it isn't pending I'd get in line with a lawyer or small claims if it is smaller item/amount. I can't imagine there isn't someone waiting on a MG that doesn't exist or paperwork wasn't filed. THAT would really hurt to not see your funds back on a $25k M16 or other such MG.

I'd imagine all of the suppliers (that dealers usually have credit with) are jockeying to be first in line.

If they managed to rack up a ton of debt and pissed away the profits, there goes any collateral they had. It boggles my mind how anyone can evidently lose so much money in the past 5-6 years in the gun business. It isn't like they were giving stuff away. They had some of the highest prices for guns and suppressors I've seen around Eastern Nebraska.
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 8:18:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 8:21:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Stop by the mini-mart in Exeter if you'd like to say hello to Hope... better count your change though.
View Quote
Do they own it or does she just work there?

Link Posted: 2/10/2014 8:28:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stop by the mini-mart in Exeter if you'd like to say hello to Hope... better count your change though.

It's a Casey's.  I don't think they own it and I've never seen her working there before.  That'd be a pretty telling statement for people that made as much money as they did if she's slinging gas and cigarettes in the biggest gossip spot in town.
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 9:17:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 10:54:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's a Casey's.  I don't think they own it and I've never seen her working there before.  That'd be a pretty telling statement for people that made as much money as they did if she's slinging gas and cigarettes in the biggest gossip spot in town.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Casey's has a decent insurance plan. I know a guy who works there just to get the insurance. He owns a sign shop for his full time gig and does well at it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 8:17:09 PM EDT
[#18]
As one of the many that he has f*cked over, this makes me happy
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 11:56:40 PM EDT
[#19]
I only did business once with him about 2 years ago at the Fremont show. He had some really nice FAL for only $600.00 I could not pass it up. They did not have the 5 magazines it came with so they said they would mail it to me, and they did so no complaints.

But last year I tried to work with him on Tavor.. that is when I knew something was up.

Emailed him about ordering me one, fully expecting to be told that there is a 6 wait. Nope he emailed me saying (I still have the emails so I am quoting) "I have 5 on order and only one is spoken for give me your info and ill reserve one."

Could not believe how lucky I was so I did . He emailed back and said " You are locked in. The distributor is going to mail them out to me by the end of the month" (April)

Called the first week in May, Rob told me that he has not gotten them yet, he will call the distributor. Called me back said that they are shipping them to him tomorrow and he will call when they are in. Up to this point I am happy with the communication/service he was giving.

Three days later nothing… So emailed Rob… "Oh yeah we just got 10 boxes from the distributor today so they are here" I was out the door and on my way .. Get there "Oh they did not send them in this shipment.. so now I was getting irritated. Told them maybe you should get the tracking numbers and find out where they are and give me a call and let me know. I understand stuff happens so I trust they there working with the best intentions.

Rob calls me back "Uhhh my distributor sent the rifles to the wrong dealer.. but I get the next shipment in a week"

I was pissed!!!!! I let him have it about how his story makes no sense and how I think he is lying and was never getting them. So he was really sorry and he wants my businesses so to make it up, he will give me 5 PMags and a EOTech at dealer price.

2 weeks later giving him plenty of time I emailed on the status.

"Shane

I do not have them they were sold out from under me, but you are locked in and will get one. There is nothing I can do at this point. I have called every distributor I have to get these for you. Once I get them in I will let you know..

I appreciate your business

Rob"

I love how everything is "LOCKED IN" with him. Well at that point I told him that I can not do business with someone dishonest and shady like him.
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#20]
He probably did order the rifles and had them sold out from under him because he wasn't paying his distributor.
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#21]
This is all rumor, but that's enough for me at this point.  Rumor has it that Hope is working at Casey's in Exeter and is also working at a bar in York.  Supposedly she has a semi long term boyfriend in the York area.  The gossip is that Rob has recently found out about this guy and has sworn to take him out.  

In other news, a guy I know there said there were 3 white cargo vans parked in from of the shop last week.  It is assumed that they were removing his inventory.  Hopefully those awesome Facogs don't get lost in the system.
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 11:28:06 AM EDT
[#22]
DT....
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 5:36:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I am just happy I got my suppressor from him back in 2008 and actually got it.  After that though I steered clear as something just seemed "off".
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 8:41:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:24:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
From Facebook:

Hope Nicholas Androyna
2 hours ago
What do you have left to lose when you lost it all? Nothing.
Like ·  · Share

Perhaps they had a court date today?   IDK.
View Quote

*like*
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 5:06:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

*like*
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From Facebook:

Hope Nicholas Androyna
2 hours ago
What do you have left to lose when you lost it all? Nothing.
Like ·  · Share

Perhaps they had a court date today?   IDK.

*like*

Link Posted: 3/6/2014 10:59:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 2:00:13 PM EDT
[#28]
i would assume we might see something here:  http://journalstar.com/news/local/records/
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 12:43:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Not sure if it's the same Exeter Arms, but there really can't be two shitheads with the same name, right?

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-talk/78175-exeter-arms-possible-fraud-incident.html
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 7:30:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 7:39:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Oh yeah, that's Rob. Too bad that incident wasn't publicized more back then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not sure if it's the same Exeter Arms, but there really can't be two shitheads with the same name, right?

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-talk/78175-exeter-arms-possible-fraud-incident.html

yea, but i think i was already a customer by then.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 5:48:35 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
yea, but i think i was already a customer sucker by then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I fixt it a little bit

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 10:38:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I fixt it a little bit

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I fixt it a little bit

well played sir, well played.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 2:58:41 PM EDT
[#34]
sooo... any updates?
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 3:34:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 3:57:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Not finding anything. No updates in the UrinalStar that I've seen.

Hope's FB post have really slowed down, and Rob's has been deleted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
sooo... any updates?

i know its been weird.  i just want to know what happened!
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 4:22:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
sooo... any updates?

Yeah they have slowed down and gotten weird .  Some strange shit going on between them two.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 5:40:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Link is not working
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:58:15 PM EDT
[#40]
I feel very fortunate to have actually received my suppressor from him after reading this thread.  Last year I was asked to provide a copy of an invoice from Exeter to a NE tax attorney as part of an investigation.  He had charged tax on it, so I figured no problem, but whether he actually gave that money to the state, or charged it to everyone, is another matter.  His gunsmith did ok work, I had him cut/pin a barrel for me and it was good work.  Of course when I ordered my suppressor I got a bunch of "fighting soviets in Afghanistan" stories, since I was on r and r from there at the time.  I did end up getting shorted an AAC mount though, many phone calls and emails went unanswered and I just dropped it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:42:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
From here: NFOA Forum thread

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Rob and Hope are each charged with three counts of sales tax evasion, one count of income tax evasion, and one count of filing a false income tax return. Each of these is a Class IV felony carrying a maximum of five years imprisonment and/or $10,000 in fines.

Discovery was granted on February 25, and the last court date was a docket call on March 13, at which time both cases were scheduled for pretrial conference on July 24. The court also set a trial date of August 11.

The suspense is killing me.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:09:06 PM EDT
[#43]
I bet the local gunshows are pissed that Exeter won't be buying 14 tables anymore to fill with their overpriced stuff.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:55:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:52:52 PM EDT
[#45]
I thought it was funny that all the gun show dealers who used to have signs up warning about how shady Exeter is switched to having copies of the newspaper articles about them getting arrested.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:43:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Rob and Hope are each charged with three counts of sales tax evasion, one count of income tax evasion, and one count of filing a false income tax return. Each of these is a Class IV felony carrying a maximum of five years imprisonment and/or $10,000 in fines.

Discovery was granted on February 25, and the last court date was a docket call on March 13, at which time both cases were scheduled for pretrial conference on July 24. The court also set a trial date of August 11.

"Let me tell you how it will be.  There's one for you, nineteen for me.  Cuz I'm the taxman."
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:41:57 AM EDT
[#47]
I can tell you, there are waiting lists for tables at most of the shows. I can also tell you, there's a reason I generally declined to comment about the fliers at gunshows...
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I can tell you, there are waiting lists for tables at most of the shows. I can also tell you, there's a reason I generally declined to comment about the fliers at gunshows...
View Quote

since you're not employed by them anymore, can you explain?  are you in trouble with this mess too?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:30:30 PM EDT
[#49]
I can't say much but I've taken care of my financial obligations to my customers. I've been contacted by agencies with three letter acronyms and asked some things. I'm not involved in any legal trouble.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 3:38:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
New gossip...  

NFOA Forum thread

Seems like the story is that Star City Motorsports in Lincoln is adding on and will be selling guns as Liberty Arms... in part, possibly Exeter Arms' inventory.

View Quote

I heard that also,  I would think that Class III in Lincoln would be tough seeing as last I heard they CLEO won't even sign off on NFA stuff there.  I did hear a small time mom and pop just got their class II/class III in Beatrice.

R&B Arms I think.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top