Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Welcome back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I confused the dates with a family thing I have going on the following weekend.  

Unscratch my name.

Welcome back.

I think he got scared, then realized the torment of not showing up would be worse than the grab ass of being there
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:13:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I think he got scared, then realized the torment of not showing up would be worse than the grab ass of being there
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unscratch my name.

Welcome back.

Could be. . . or he grabbed his sack out of his wife's purse while she wasn't looking. She is gonna be so pissed when she finds out.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:21:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Could be. . . or he grabbed his sack out of his wife's purse while she wasn't looking. She is gonna be so pissed when she finds out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unscratch my name.

Welcome back.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Bad part is, she will be morepissed at us for being influential in his decision to sack up. Now we get the wrath as well
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:32:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Bad part is, she will be morepissed at us for being influential in his decision to sack up. Now we get the wrath as well
View Quote

Yeah, but you don't have to listen to it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:45:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote
Blame it on me. All my buddies wives stay pissed at me, just cause they come over and have a good time it's my fault.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:49:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Blame it on me. All my buddies wives stay pissed at me, just cause they come over and have a good time it's my fault.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Story of my life, bro
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:58:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't get it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:59:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I don't get it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't get it.
Girls, go figure.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:04:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Girls, go figure.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't get it.
Girls, go figure.  

Speaking of, any particular flavor of pie you want? Being as you'll be preparing the lion's share of the meats, you get your choice.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:10:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Speaking of, any particular flavor of pie you want? Being as you'll be preparing the lion's share of the meats, you get your choice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't get it.
Girls, go figure.  

About the only pie I like is lemon meringue. Thank you.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:12:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't get it.
Girls, go figure.  

Yeah boss man, speak up.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:13:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:19:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm the same way brother.

Other than Ytka's wife, the rest all hate me because I'm still single and their wives seem to think that when we get together we're off running wild women.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm the same way brother.

Other than Ytka's wife, the rest all hate me because I'm still single and their wives seem to think that when we get together we're off running wild women.

is the reason you don't hang out with me because you can't stand the competition?  don't worry, I gave up skank whispering years ago...
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:39:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:18:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Absolutely 100%

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

is the reason you don't hang out with me because you can't stand the competition?  don't worry, I gave up skank whispering years ago...

Absolutely 100%

He was pretty good at it though; I'll give him that much.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:13:20 PM EDT
[#17]
OK I'm off the 3rd. And have to work nights on the rest of weekend. But I can come early sat am or come up most of the day Fri. With being said I can bring a load of cans and used range mags to swap meet!! What day would y'all like me to show up?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:24:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Whatever is best for you! That's why we're doing it Friday-Sunday afternoon so everyone that wants to come, there's a day that will fit their schedule!

The majority of people will be there Saturday afternoon into the evening because that's when will be cooking the big dinner. But I, for one, will be there Friday afternoon until Sunday morning unless something comes up on my end and keeps me from doing so.

I'm trying to figure out exactly how to do the swap meet part. Any ideas would be much appreciated. I was thinking that everyone label their items with a small piece of tape or a tag and then all the goodies can be laid out on a table. Then when somebody is interested in your item, they just read the label and find you to do business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK I'm off the 3rd. And have to work nights on the rest of weekend. But I can come early sat am or come up most of the day Fri. With being said I can bring a load of cans and used range mags to swap meet!! What day would y'all like me to show up?

Whatever is best for you! That's why we're doing it Friday-Sunday afternoon so everyone that wants to come, there's a day that will fit their schedule!

The majority of people will be there Saturday afternoon into the evening because that's when will be cooking the big dinner. But I, for one, will be there Friday afternoon until Sunday morning unless something comes up on my end and keeps me from doing so.

I'm trying to figure out exactly how to do the swap meet part. Any ideas would be much appreciated. I was thinking that everyone label their items with a small piece of tape or a tag and then all the goodies can be laid out on a table. Then when somebody is interested in your item, they just read the label and find you to do business.

That works for me. I was thinking that since many of us will be there all day saturday that we should do the swap meet between lunch break and when we resume shooting in the afternoon. That way people's stuff wouldn't be out there on tables all day.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:58:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Here's another idea on how to do the swap meet part.

Everyone that plans on bringing things to trade/sell can send a list of the items and what they want for them to (hopefully someone will volunteer). And that person will compile a single list with everyone's items and what they want for them beside it. The day or two before that Friday the list will be sent to everyone that will be there. That way nothing has to be just laying out and we won't have to have a set time of when to do the swap meet.

We could keep a master list tacked up in one of the common places where everyone is pretty much guaranteed to be at a few times a day. The master list will stay updated by each person who sells/trades any item by marking them off the master list when they finish their business. People bringing last minute items can also be added to it.

Thoughts?
View Quote

How about that's too much like work.  Quit complicating things.  When most of us are done shooting, and I to the drinking, grab yo extra shit and be like "hey, anybody want this shit?"
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:00:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Everyone that plans on bringing things to trade/sell can send a list of the items and what they want for them to (hopefully someone will volunteer). And that person will compile a single list with everyone's items and what they want for them beside it. The day or two before that Friday the list will be sent to everyone that will be there. That way nothing has to be just laying out and we won't have to have a set time of when to do the swap meet.

We could keep a master list tacked up in one of the common places where everyone is pretty much guaranteed to be at a few times a day. The master list will stay updated by each person who sells/trades any item by marking them off the master list when they finish their business. People bringing last minute items can also be added to it.

Thoughts?
View Quote

I'm fine with that as long as somebody wants to keep up with it. I'll be too busy with everything else.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I'm fine with that as long as somebody wants to keep up with it. I'll be too busy with everything else.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thoughts?

Why can't we be adults and keep up with our own shit?  Put it on a table near your spot. We should all be in the same general vicinity.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:52:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Why can't we be adults and keep up with our own shit?  Put it on a table near your spot. We should all be in the same general vicinity.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thoughts?

Dammit, I swear I said something similar
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:54:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thoughts?

I like the cut of your jib, sir.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:36:56 PM EDT
[#26]
OK, time to play Devil's Advocate:

Not everybody is going to be there all three days. Not everybody is even going to be there two days. But I would say the majority of us are going to be there on at least Saturday (not all but most) would you not agree?

That being said, does it not make sense to have the swap meet at a specific time on Saturday so people that want to sell and want to buy can kind of all get together at the same time at the same place. As Devil's Advocate, I would think that would be best for everybody both sellers and buyers. Of course if one is not going to be there Saturday and has stuff to sell, by all means bring it the day you do come so folks can take a gander. But again, if its at a specific time in a specific place (I suggest a tailgate swap meet party where the parking area is going to be, that way we don't have to lug the stuff to far from what it came in), I think everybody comes out better.

Nothing wrong with posting a list of items if somebody has an inventory of their stuff before October.

Doesn't that make sense? Maybe at days end before the drinking really gets out of hand? Or we could take a long lunch break and have it then as others have suggested. In that way if somebody has to roll to get back home at the end of the day, they don't miss the swap meet. The more I type and think about it, Saturday Lunch Swap Meet tailgate party starts to make more sense.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:43:42 PM EDT
[#27]
I have observed that stuff tends to happen as the crown allows it at large gatherings of arfcommers.  

That, and I'm sure super-mod MFF won't let us forget about it either

Hey, new idea.  Can we set up a "smack MFF with a dead fish" booth"
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:41:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:41:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:00:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have observed that stuff tends to happen as the crown allows it at large gatherings of arfcommers.  

That, and I'm sure super-mod MFF won't let us forget about it either

View Quote

I'll buy a ticket.

Has to be a catfish.

I say we do it Saturday around lunch tentatively or just let folks do it after supper Saturday evening.  Really I don't care, I'm pretty sure we'll figure it out.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:32:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'll buy a ticket.

Has to be a catfish.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll buy a ticket.

Has to be a catfish.

so you're saying I should hit the river this week and catch a few 35-60 lb cats and I could make good money at the shoot?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:54:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

so you're saying I should hit the river this week and catch a few 35-60 lb cats and I could make good money at the shoot?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll buy a ticket.

Has to be a catfish.

Basically. Be sure to catch enough to feed us all. If I thought I could pull in that much fish prior to the meet I'd do it. Slapping MFF with one would just be icing on the cake.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:07:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll buy a ticket.

Has to be a catfish.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:46:23 PM EDT
[#34]
OK lady's I am coming on sat am early. I posted some stuff for sale in the EE. Check it out!! And if interested post on thread or pm me.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:40:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:33:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I may not be able to be there Sat. I'm already scheduled to have to work that whole weekend. But I'm off Friday.

Federal Govt. Go figure.
View Quote

Doesn't matter.  I'll say I'm you and make sure everyone hates you when I'm done
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:37:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Doesn't matter.  I'll say I'm you and make sure everyone hates you when I'm done
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I may not be able to be there Sat. I'm already scheduled to have to work that whole weekend. But I'm off Friday.

Federal Govt. Go figure.

Yep, I'll back him up. I'll even get drunk and hit on people's significant others in your absence.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:59:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yep, I'll back him up. I'll even get drunk and hit on people's significant others in your absence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Federal Govt. Go figure.

Wait.  So am I going to be MFF, or are you?
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:49:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Federal Govt. Go figure.

You're right. I better let you handle it. I'll just standby and confirm your stories as truth.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:09:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You're right. I better let you handle it. I'll just standby and confirm your stories as truth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Federal Govt. Go figure.

Hold on, wait, if you guys are coming as MFF, then who is MFF coming as so I will know him if I see him?  
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:14:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:17:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Damn guys.

At the very least I'll only work half a day if I can't get out of it. More than likely by then I'll be on a 3-12 shift and I'll take off at 7 to be back for the evening festivities if I can't take the whole day off.

Seeing how this is the Federal Government we're talking about, it should change 3 times before then anyways.

I've got 6 weeks of not having a real weekend and instead having Thursdays and Fridays off. This is how sequestration has affected me. For positions that need to be manned 24/7, they no longer allow people to volunteer to work for overtime on the weekends. So in a stroke of genius they decided to change everyone's duty schedule giving different days off to different people to cover all 7 days without paying overtime.

View Quote

welcome to how things have been done in the private sector for decades
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:18:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn guys.

At the very least I'll only work half a day if I can't get out of it. More than likely by then I'll be on a 3-12 shift and I'll take off at 7 to be back for the evening festivities if I can't take the whole day off.

Seeing how this is the Federal Government we're talking about, it should change 3 times before then anyways.

I've got 6 weeks of not having a real weekend and instead having Thursdays and Fridays off. This is how sequestration has affected me. For positions that need to be manned 24/7, they no longer allow people to volunteer to work for overtime on the weekends. So in a stroke of genius they decided to change everyone's duty schedule giving different days off to different people to cover all 7 days without paying overtime.

Yep. But glad to hear you're gonna be there for most of it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 8:17:00 PM EDT
[#44]
I am pretty sure I wil be +1 My son is interested

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I am pretty sure I wil be +1 My son is interested

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Done.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:51:10 AM EDT
[#46]
I was golfing solo at a private course at an undisclosed location a few days ago and Obama joined me. By the turn to the back 9 I told him a real American would go shooting with the GAHTF boys early October. He agreed to join us. Saturday only.

No off-color jokes.

soooo,   +2

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:54:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I was golfing solo at a private course at an undisclosed location a few days ago and Obama joined me. By the turn to the back 9 I told him a real American would go shooting with the GAHTF boys early October. He agreed to join us. Saturday only.

No off-color jokes.

soooo,   +2

View Quote

I'd imagine his reception would be cold and unfriendly. Invite him anyway!
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:06:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No off-color jokes.

soooo,   +2

Southern Cross, you didn't mention yesterday that you had 18 Holes at Half Fawn Ranch. Is it a Par 72? Should I bring my sticks along with my bang bang toys?  
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#49]
There is a really nic course not too far away.  Sunday morning gahtf scramble?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No off-color jokes.

soooo,   +2

I've met him. He wouldn't care how unfriendly it is, the media would make it look good. Just like every other President.

They're all jokes.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top