Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 8:45:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't call them anymore.  Chill out and be patient.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
[b]Quoted:[/b,

If anyone wants to call and try to get the status on my can, I'd be happy to supply info so that you can see if they give you the same line.

Thank you for your opinion on the matter, I'll refrain from calling them any more for updates on the issue I'm dealing with.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 8:52:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Thank you for your opinion on the matter, however I have not called since those conversations and have no intention of doing so. The comment was simply made as others are skeptical of the response I was given and I was giving them the opportunity to hear it themselves.

Keep in mind, my issue is not regarding a form 1 or SBR in any way/shape/form. It's a form 4 on a suppressor and really has no bearing on whether SBR's should be approved or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If anyone wants to call and try to get the status on my can, I'd be happy to supply info so that you can see if they give you the same line.

Thank you for your opinion on the matter, however I have not called since those conversations and have no intention of doing so. The comment was simply made as others are skeptical of the response I was given and I was giving them the opportunity to hear it themselves.

Keep in mind, my issue is not regarding a form 1 or SBR in any way/shape/form. It's a form 4 on a suppressor and really has no bearing on whether SBR's should be approved or not.

Then please don't encourage others to do so.  Just in this thread you said you have called Snyder twice and emailed clutter once.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:04:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Then please don't encourage others to do so.  Just in this thread you said you have called Snyder twice and emailed clutter once.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what?
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:59:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Why? They shouldnt be banned and they already are so I dont see how you can sell it as a ban on mg's. How about a couple changes like I've made below.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
exactly, strike SBR and SBS from the language completely, label it a ban on machine guns in Washington and rake in the liberal votes.

This.

Why? They shouldnt be banned and they already are so I dont see how you can sell it as a ban on mg's. How about a couple changes like I've made below.

The content of the legislation is irrelevant to how it's being sold.   We already have proposed initiatives being described with outright lies in the official voter info booklets.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:32:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Understood. Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 8:31:41 PM EDT
[#6]
It's everyone's problem bub. 'They came for the mgs, but I didn't own any mgs so I did nothing. Then they came for the SBSs, but I didn't own any SBSs so I said nothing. Then they came for the SBRs, but I didn't own any SBRs, so I said nothing. Then they came for the suppressors...."

Time for the Fudds to get on board with liberty. I'm not saying your a Fudd...just that we're all in this together. If we don't stand together, we will surely hang separately...
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 11:27:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I certainly support the cause and understand what you're saying. Heck I had a few more form 1's about to go in myself. But with that said I apologize if people felt my reporting of what I was told by the ATF caused contention.

In my case I was simply following the instructions of the ATF reps I spoke with and reported back on the responses I received and how they were related to the issue at hand. I'll refrain from doing so in the future and edit my previous posts as to not cause a fuss over the hearsay that the representatives I interacted with replied with.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 1:56:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't beat yourself up over it. I appreciate you posting what you were told, along with the name of your source so we know where it came from.

NFA issues always put people on edge. I know I got hot under the collar about SBRs and the way the law was written and the whole 'wont be approved' etc etc...

When my Form 1 was denied at the end of May, WA HTF was the first place I came to look. My Form 1 was just denied, with no explanation like others' had. I was happy to see other members posted what was going on, so I knew what had happened and didn't waste a lot of time trying to get a hold of someone at ATF for an answer.  

I have 4 Form 4 suppressors in limbo right now. Haven't called to check on any of them. It will be what it will be. I remember when they took 12-16mos a while back so I am good at waiting and passing the time.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Considering that Washingtonians are being singled out / discriminated against by a federal agency, with respect to F1/F4 silencers, me thinks it's time to file a law suit. Equal protection, you SOBs!!!!   I have no idea what the ATF is doing right now. Yeah, I know, "whatever the hell they want". Whatever. The point is, there is absolutely ZERO justification for 'freezing' silencer forms. None. Zilch. This is no different than if they just stopped sending social security checks to Washingtonians, or student aid, or food stamps, or tax refunds, or anything else the feds are up to these days. Completely unconstitutional. Their lawyers should be saying things like, "you did WHAT?!?!?!? Start approving those forms, NOW!!!! Before it's too late!!!!"
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 12:00:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Spoke with Brian Blake tonight.  He has a scheduled meeting with the AG this Friday.  Ferguson had other issues arise last week, putting the meeting off until this week.   Hopefully we'll have a little more info after this meeting.  

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 12:19:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Spoke with Brian Blake tonight.  He has a scheduled meeting with the AG this Friday.  Ferguson had other issues arise last week, putting the meeting off until this week.   Hopefully we'll have a little more info after this meeting.  

View Quote

Thank you for your updates.  There seems to be very little non-speculative information coming out and most of it is from you.

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 12:53:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Lots of speculation and conjecture, but not from me.  The situation sucks ass. I don't disagree.  Throwing a fit, or bombarding the ATF won't fix this.  Patience and the right people working intelligently on the process will.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:33:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Lots of speculation and conjecture, but not from me.  The situation sucks ass. I don't disagree.  Throwing a fit, or bombarding the ATF won't fix this.  Patience and the right people working intelligently on the process will.
View Quote

I typed that in haste and it reads a little more confusing that it should have.  Thank you for giving first hand information about what is going on.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 9:56:37 AM EDT
[#14]
No worries.  Entirely understood what you were saying.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 7:12:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Throwing a fit, or bombarding the ATF won't fix this.  Patience and the right people working intelligently on the process will.
View Quote

This needs to be said again. I am just waiting for my 3 form 1's to be kicked back.

Calling and ranting to the WA AG, or ATF does not help our cause. It will only piss them off and put us on the back burner.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:09:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Well thats what I get for waiting, I was going to SBR my ACR.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:16:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Poster on WAGuns said Chip (Cascade Arsenal) called him within the last hour to tell that he had just gotten an email from ATF saying that forms 3 & 4 for WA are processing again. FWIW
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 12:01:42 AM EDT
[#18]
what about F1 for suppressors?  
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 12:06:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
what about F1 for suppressors?  
View Quote

Chip doesn't deal with form 1.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 12:10:03 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm on all the ATFs email lists...but they get sent to my work email. I'll have to check it out tomorrow I guess. Was this a distributed email or does he know someone there personally?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:03:17 AM EDT
[#21]
I just logged into eForms to check the status of some Form 3's.  No, eFile for Form 3's is still not online, but I can see all my outstanding and approved forms* there.....

So, I've had 16 Form 3's cleared between 6/25 and 6/27.  Yes, they were approving forms on a Saturday......

Prior to that, my last approval was on 6/9.  So it appears that things are starting to flow again.  These are all likely to be suppressor Form 3's.  I think I only have one outstanding SBR Form 3, but that was recently turned in.  My oldest pending Form 3 was submitted 5/11 and created in the system on 5/20.  

* (I can't see the details on the Form 3 submissions, just control numbers, created, submitted and finalized dates, or if they are still submitted/pending.)

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:35:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Any word from Blake's meeting with AG on Friday?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:52:50 AM EDT
[#23]
A follow up to my previous issue. The form 4 is now approved as of 27 June, 2015.

So other forms are back on track after the delay.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:55:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Congrats.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:17:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Should be expecting a bunch of things this week, havent had a form 3 clear since the 2nd until now. Eight have cleared in the last few days so thats a good sign, maybe my damn sig order from shot show is in there .
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:46:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
A follow up to my previous issue. The form 4 is now approved as of 27 June, 2015.

View Quote

For reference, when was your check initially cashed?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was purchased January 11th and sent some time after. If I recall correctly, something like Feb 13th was the date it was cashed? I would have to log into my banks site to see the exact date, but around there.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:12:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Should be expecting a bunch of things this week, havent had a form 3 clear since the 2nd until now. Eight have cleared in the last few days so thats a good sign, maybe my damn sig order from shot show is in there .
View Quote

Yay I also probably have a Form 3 in there as well.  Very glad to hear things are getting back on track.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:24:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Poster on WAGuns said Chip (Cascade Arsenal) called him within the last hour to tell that he had just gotten an email from ATF saying that forms 3 & 4 for WA are processing again. FWIW
View Quote

Thanks, unable to find Moses with a red beard,

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:01:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:03:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yay I also probably have a Form 3 in there as well.  Very glad to hear things are getting back on track.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully, and thinking my mp5a2 is close behind .
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:24:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Busy weekend and Monday so I didn't have time to talk to Brian until this morning.

Brian had a conversation with one of the AG's primary deputies over the weekend.  First of all, should any decision not go our way on form 1's, the AG's office isn't interested in prosecuting anyone for a class C felony for building a form 1 SBR because they believe that everyone was acting in good faith upon being issued a tax stamp from the BATFE.  No discussion was had on the disposition of Form 1 SBR's if the ruling doesn't go our way.  Please don't freak out and call the ATF asking this question.  I know, "You can't tell me what to do," as I have been told in numerous impolite emails and PM's.  I am politely asking that you don't.  The choice is yours.  Act accordingly.

During this conversation Brian and the AG's office, the deputy AG offered to craft a question that would yield an informal opinion, the quickest solution.  Brian asked that he be allowed to confer with some of the non-partisan legal analysis folks who work for the legislature to craft the question, because he was a little leery of having the AG office craft the question.  That is the route he is going.  

Brian used the analogy of buying a lawnmower at Sears in a box with the deputy AG.  Brian takes it home and assembles it, but he didn't manufacture it or make it.  Then he replaces the original cutting blade with a mulching blade.  Again, he didn't manufacture or make the blade, he replaced a part.  It still functions as a lawn mower.  The deputy AG saw the direction he was headed and thought that might be a reasonable way to go.

So a question will be drafted to address the legality of Form 1 SBR's in Washington.  I asked Brian to be allowed to have the question reviewed by an attorney familiar with firearms law prior to handing it over to the AG's office, and he agreed.  Timeline for completion is unknown, but it shouldn't take long.  Attorney review might be another week prior to sending the request for an informal opinion.  Probably 30 days or less from there to get the informal opinion.  

One other item, Brian stated that someone had contacted him about being declined for a Form 4 SBR purchase.    Does anybody have confirmation of this occurring?   Brian thought it was from Kitsap County.  There are many reasons to be declined, or to be put on problem status, so anyone with experience with a recent form 4 decline, if you could contact me, I'll get you in touch with Brian.  I just need one for Brian to follow up on, not everybody's.

That is all I have for now.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

So a question will be drafted to address the legality of Form 1 SBR's in Washington.  I asked Brian to be allowed to have the question reviewed by an attorney familiar with firearms law prior to handing it over to the AG's office, and he agreed.  Timeline for completion is unknown, but it shouldn't take long.  Attorney review might be another week prior to sending the request for an informal opinion.  Probably 30 days or less from there to get the informal opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, some encouraging news.  Thanks for the update.  Staying patient and remaining optimistic about all this.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:16:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Not sure if it is encouraging until we get a solid green light.  Anyway, should be getting a call from one of the Judiciary staff later on today.  I'm just the messenger at this time.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:18:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Brian had a conversation with one of the AG's primary deputies over the weekend.  First of all, should any decision not go our way on form 1's, the AG's office isn't interested in prosecuting anyone for a class C felony for building a form 1 SBR because they believe that everyone was acting in good faith upon being issued a tax stamp from the BATFE.  No discussion was had on the disposition of Form 1 SBR's if the ruling doesn't go our way.  Please don't freak out and call the ATF asking this question.  I know, "You can't tell me what to do," as I have been told in numerous impolite emails and PM's.  I am politely asking that you don't.  The choice is yours.  Act accordingly.

During this conversation Brian and the AG's office, the deputy AG offered to craft a question that would yield an informal opinion, the quickest solution.  Brian asked that he be allowed to confer with some of the non-partisan legal analysis folks who work for the legislature to craft the question, because he was a little leery of having the AG office craft the question.  That is the route he is going.  

Brian used the analogy of buying a lawnmower at Sears in a box with the deputy AG.  Brian takes it home and assembles it, but he didn't manufacture it or make it.  Then he replaces the original cutting blade with a mulching blade.  Again, he didn't manufacture or make the blade, he replaced a part.  It still functions as a lawn mower.  The deputy AG saw the direction he was headed and thought that might be a reasonable way to go.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Pardon my ignorance of legal procedures, but I guess I don't really  understand the steps that will need to be taken with this plan. I don't have an understanding of the hierarchy of the AGs office, so who he spoke to, and what bearing their opinion means, is lost on me.

What does an "informal opinion" do for our Form 1 cause? Is there a difference in "opinions" and who they come from?

What I have gathered, the plan is to get an informal opinion that acquiring by legal means, includes Form 1s, and present that to BATFE? If that informal opinion is rejected, then what?

Thanks by the way for your reporting to us on this issue, Dawgfish.

ETA: I found on page 10 one of your posts that I must have missed:
From there, depending on Ferguson's answers, Brian will likely ask for an informal opinion, which gives guidance, but is not binding. "Never ask a question you don't know the answer to," is the guideline Brian is using. If the informal opinion is such that Form 1 SBR's are fine, Brian will ask for a formal opinion, which is binding.  

So it seems that is still the plan? If they approve Form 1s, get that in a formal (binding) opinion and then we're back on track?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:07:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Wow, some encouraging news.  Thanks for the update.  Staying patient and remaining optimistic about all this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:26:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Has anyone heard of suppressor Form 1s getting through?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:02:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Dawgfish - Thanks for keeping us informed!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:50:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Atleast we know we wont get slammed with class c felonys

kidding aside thanks for keeping us updated!
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#40]
As of today, I have a form 1 for a silencer that I submitted in April that is still pending, if that helps anyone. My sbr form one is in it's own little "denied" section.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:35:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Thank you dawgfish!
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:03:19 AM EDT
[#42]
I just had an E-form form 1 for a suppressor go through.  Submitted 3/16/2015 and approved 6/30.   Signed by Ted Clutter.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:30:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Any updates on Form 1 SBR's in WA? I submitted my form on June 10th
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:36:07 PM EDT
[#44]
It may be a few months before a resolution of the issue.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Any updates on Form 1 SBR's in WA? I submitted my form on June 10th
View Quote

Submitted mine May 4th and still in limbo.  It could take a while.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:21:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I just had an E-form form 1 for a suppressor go through.  Submitted 3/16/2015 and approved 6/30.   Signed by Ted Clutter.

View Quote

That is great news!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:37:45 AM EDT
[#47]
ditto! Time to apply I guess!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#48]
I just hope that those of us that got denied get fast tracked after this crap gets settled. I am fighting the urge to re submit my form to get the waiting started again.  I'm afraid that if I did that, they'd both end up getting looked at again, then I'd get screwed for having two forms for the same lower.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:46:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
then I'd get screwed for having two forms for the same lower.
View Quote

With eFile when they deny you, it automatically triggers a refund. So its not like they'll turn around and give you an approved form, seeing as they no longer have your $200 for it. People get denied and resubmit the same day. Not an issue.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:41:51 AM EDT
[#50]
So would it be stupid to re submit?
Page / 14
Top Top