User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:55:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Unedited Page 5 OWN!
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:12:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmmm... My Form 1, eform, for an SBR submitted in early April hasn't been rejected yet that I see.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hmmmm... My Form 1, eform, for an SBR submitted in early April hasn't been rejected yet that I see.
View Quote

I have two from May still pending. But a form 1 suppressor submitted on the same day as my sbrs was approved.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:13:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I have two from May still pending. But a form 1 suppressor submitted on the same day as my sbrs was approved.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps they stopped rejecting them until they can figure this out.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#5]
My form 1 submitted in Feb came back approved in May.  Go figure!   Now I just need to find an engraver in the Everett area.......
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:26:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Form 1? Or was your SBR on a Form 4?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My SBR was approved 5/13. Different guy.

Questions:

1) For the recent denials - who are you recording as the manufacturer?

2) Does this not apply to suppressors? (or people rarely "make" their own?)

Form 1? Or was your SBR on a Form 4?

ATF Form 1
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:09:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Spotted this in the GD thread,

Efforts to fix
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I have one efile/trust/form 1 approved last year and built, and one submitted 4/28 and i havent received a rejection email yet. Funny part is the ATF  eform page is down right now so i cant actually confirm that im still pending or not on their page. Fingers are crossed for a happy outcome.......
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 2:14:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So here is what I got from Brian Blake, the original sponsor of the bill.

A staff member at the DOL had a conversation with the ATF a few weeks back and the discussion centered on SB 5956, and lack of clarity and confusion about manufacturing SBR's.  This person is not a policy maker, but apparently the ATF person may have taken it that way.   The head of Washington DOL Firearms Division will be contacting the ATF to let them know that the conversation was not with a representative allowed to direct policy on behalf of Washington State.

The AG's office has not made any official statements on the bill at this time.

Also, the DOL did not advise the ATF to not approve the forms, nor did the AG's office.  The DOL's position is that it isn't their position to interpret the laws, and that it is up to the ATF to make their own interpretation.

Also, Thanks RichM for sending me Ted Clutter's contact information and email addresses.  Brian Blake and the DOL have that information now and they will contact Ted. The rest of you may want to not deluge Mr. Clutter with a bunch of emails.  Brian says he will work on this.  Please let him work through the process.

Thanks.

View Quote

Hopefully folks will wait for an answer via this discussion, and not make things worse than they already are.

Also, it'd be great if the outcome of the discussion between Blake/DOL and ATF clears up any need or desire to fix the original bill language via a new bill (since that didn't gain any traction this year).

Also, why does DOL have a firearms division? Is it just for their pistol registry, or is there something else?
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 2:21:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Now, everyone freaking out about what they are going to do with the already approved form 1's, how about you don't ask them? What answer could you possibly get that is better than an approved stamp? Don't mess this up a' la' pistol brace.

Link Posted: 5/31/2015 8:11:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Now, everyone freaking out about what they are going to do with the already approved form 1's, how about you don't ask them? What answer could you possibly get that is better than an approved stamp? Don't mess this up a' la' pistol brace.

View Quote

AGREE!!

I got my approval. Period.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 11:58:14 AM EDT
[#12]
I was just getting reading to submit a form 1 for a sbr build...
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 3:06:17 PM EDT
[#13]
sorry for my laziness, but I really don't want to wad through multiple pages of this thread....

submitted my 2 form 1's on 2/27 & although i've yet to recieve any kind of email, ATFOnline now shows them both (supressor & SBR) as approved, I beleive (the electronic applications, when opened in PDF has the "approved" box checked with a signature: JA Bowern for supressor & ted Clutter for SBR) I just want to verify that I'm good to submit my 5320.20 & take the components to OR for assembly.

perhaps I"m being too cautious, but I want to make sure that these little documents are all that I'm going to need:

J
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 5:18:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I just logged into the efile site to check on my sbrs. They are approved and the two cans I submitted on the same day I got emailed the pdf stamps, but nothing for the SBRs. Anyone else run into this? I am NOT going to call or email them. I'm leaving whell enough alone.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just logged into the efile site to check on my sbrs. They are approved and the two cans I submitted on the same day I got emailed the pdf stamps, but nothing for the SBRs. Anyone else run into this? I am NOT going to call or email them. I'm leaving whell enough alone.
View Quote

both mine show approved on ATF web site (supressor approved on 5/20 & SBR approval on 5/24), yet I"ve yet to recieve my email or my stamps:  although the pdf shots the stamp on the paperwork....

Link Posted: 5/31/2015 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

both mine show approved on ATF web site (supressor approved on 5/20 & SBR approval on 5/31), yet I"ve yet to recieve my email or my stamps:  although the pdf shots the stamp on the paperwork....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

both mine show approved on ATF web site (supressor approved on 5/20 & SBR approval on 5/31), yet I"ve yet to recieve my email or my stamps:  although the pdf shots the stamp on the paperwork....

Weird, I just going to keep my mouth shut and enjoy my new sbrs and cans.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THAT is all you get. Just print (high resolution) your pdf's. You don't get an email and your stamp is on the pdf.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 10:25:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

THAT is all you get. Just print (high resolution) your pdf's. You don't get an email and your stamp is on the pdf.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure if you're understanding us Pablo. For our previous efiled form 1s we were emailed the digital pdf stamps, and now we haven't been. They're on the efile site, they just weren't emailed to us with the status change from Pending to Approved email notification. I got no notification at all for these last two sbrs, I had to log into the efile site to find they had been approved. I'm going to download them from the site and keep my trap shut.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 10:30:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm not sure if you're understanding us Pablo. For our previous efiled form 1s we were emailed the digital pdf stamps, and now we haven't been. They're on the efile site, they just weren't emailed to us with the status change from Pending to Approved email notification. I got no notification at all for these last two sbrs, I had to log into the efile site to find they had been approved. I'm going to download them from the site and keep my trap shut.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually absolutely I am understanding you. From what I read, yes they used to send an email, but they don't anymore. I think we are on the same wavelength.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 10:48:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Actually absolutely I am understanding you. From what I read, yes they used to send an email, but they don't anymore. I think we are on the same wavelength.
View Quote

That's the rub. I got two email notifications for form1 cans I submitted the same day I submitted for the SBRs. It may or may not have to do with the denials, I think the BATF is just a bunch of screw ups.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 10:56:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I reading this correctly that you were approved for your SBR today?
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 11:05:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure about his, but mine were on the 28th.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 12:48:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no, the supressor was approved on 5/20 & the SBR was approved on 5/24
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 1:47:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you wrote the wrong date in your post (it says 5/31) you might want to edit that before someone that got denied has an aneurysm.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 1:18:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If you wrote the wrong date in your post (it says 5/31) you might want to edit that before someone that got denied has an aneurysm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously.... I had a lot of hope for a couple seconds and then it was crushed... I had mine kicked back on the 25th!
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#26]
As of this morning, mine is still not denied.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Same here
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:57:03 PM EDT
[#28]
ditto
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:46:54 PM EDT
[#29]
STILL denied, no intention of resubmitting and ZERO indication of a refund. Go figure.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:46:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Mine was disapproved 5/27 by Ted Clutter as well. Submitted on 3/7 via Corp.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 6:25:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
STILL denied, no intention of resubmitting and ZERO indication of a refund. Go figure.
View Quote

The disapproval didn't contain a note saying "Refund in Process"? Mine did.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 7:35:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Regardless of whether it says it or not, the ATF will refund payment for disapproved/denied forms. It might take a couple months to get back onto your card, but they will refund the $200.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 8:43:44 PM EDT
[#33]
It's end of the work day Tuesday. So are there any DISAPPROVED this week?
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 1:07:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It's end of the work day Tuesday. So are there any DISAPPROVED this week?
View Quote

I have not been able to find any.

One guy over on WA Guns said the ATF told him via phone that if this gets sorted out, those who were rejected are SOL and simply have to resubmit and wait again.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 10:10:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

You'll get it, it takes a couple of weeks to process.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good. I am so impatient that I sold my rifle and went out and bought an SBR from the dealer and From 4'd it. Lol
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#37]
I don't see what the ATF has to do with this, It should be that it doesn't matter where or how you, Built, Aquire, Make, or Bought your SBR, the fact is that you are registering an SBR with the ATF, they get their money and you get a SBR. can't be any more simple. I wish these laws were written with plain language and intent.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I don't see what the ATF has to do with this, It should be that it doesn't matter where or how you, Built, Aquire, Make, or Bought your SBR, the fact is that you are registering an SBR with the ATF, they get their money and you get a SBR. can't be any more simple. I wish these laws were written with plain language and intent.
View Quote

The ATF would tend to agree with you. They have previously said said so.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 10:32:38 PM EDT
[#39]
What caused the denials? Was it people in Washington asking for clarification on the laws here or did the state contact the ATF? I am curious because until recently approvals were around 60 days or so.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 11:04:42 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

What caused the denials? Was it people in Washington asking for clarification on the laws here or did the state contact the ATF? I am curious because until recently approvals were around 60 days or so.
View Quote
See Dawgfish's post on page 4 of this thread.

Link Posted: 6/4/2015 11:29:49 AM EDT
[#41]
DOL firearms division employee called ATF.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 11:38:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not pushing but realistically how many weeks out for an answer or do we need to change/clarify the law?
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 1:07:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Not pushing but realistically how many weeks out for an answer or do we need to change/clarify the law?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was given no specific timeline. When Brian tells me he is working on something, I believe him. We're friends, he stops by the house regularly. Once he knows, I'll know, and you will know shortly thereafter.

Patience, please. Remember, it took 20 years to get SBR's back. Things do not always change immediately for the better. The biggest frustration with this whole process, both suppressors and SBR's, has been dealing with grown men who don't possess the patience of a 6 year old on Christmas Eve. Patience, please.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I was given no specific timeline. When Brian tells me he is working on something, I believe him. We're friends, he stops by the house regularly. Once he knows, I'll know, and you will know shortly thereafter.

Patience, please. Remember, it took 20 years to get SBR's back. Things do not always change immediately for the better. The biggest frustration with this whole process, both suppressors and SBR's, has been dealing with grown men who don't possess the patience of a 6 year old on Christmas Eve. Patience, please.

Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Something like this could take a good bit of time, especially if they have to get various counsels involved.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Dawgfish.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The biggest frustration with this whole process, both suppressors and SBR's, has been dealing with grown men who don't possess the patience of a 6 year old on Christmas Eve. Patience, please.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/4/2015 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote
They need to burn that employee to the fucking ground

Link Posted: 6/4/2015 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Good. I am so impatient that I sold my rifle and went out and bought an SBR from the dealer and From 4'd it. Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which dealer did you use?  I might go the same route.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 3:16:45 PM EDT
[#48]
I bought my DSA factory SBR from East County Guns via a Form 4.  Andy has no issue getting in SBR's.  East County Guns is in Elma, WA, and they are awesome at handling the paperwork for  suppressors and SBR's.  Tell him Andy the banker sent you.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 3:21:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The biggest frustration with this whole process, both suppressors and SBR's, has been dealing with grown men who don't possess the patience of a 6 year old on Christmas Eve. Patience, please.

I'll be here all night. Try the veal and don't forget to tip your waitress
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

I'm very patient. I thought I asked fairly politely. I apologize and thank you for letting me know the situation.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top