Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:28:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Virginian checking in, I'm pulling for you boys out in Colorado.  I'm hoping with a new government you folks are able to repeal that silly gun control nonsense.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:29:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know, man.  I'm calling shenanigans.  This is taking too long and "Democrat-leaning counties" still have a few hundred thousand votes outstanding.  And I just heard that both senators who were elected into the vacancies we created with the recalls... have been voted out for Democrats.
View Quote

I'm wondering when the trunk of Al Franken, er I mean Hick ballots are going to be "found."
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:31:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Whats the state House and Senate races like? I would really like to know where I can see the results.....
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:33:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Colorado Senate: http://data.denverpost.com/election/results/state-senate/2014/

Colorado House: http://data.denverpost.com/election/results/state-house/2014/
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:40:32 AM EDT
[#5]
F@@@.  Susan Kochevar is basically a libertarian and she's losing, but if you add the L vote...  I'm not blaming the Ls.  I'm blaming uninformed voters including uninformed Ls.  She also got in a little late to replace a candidate that tapped-out.  That's not easy.  That's not my district, though.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:40:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Colorado counties remaining 2010 results-
http://data.denverpost.com/election/results/county/san-juan/2010/

http://data.denverpost.com/election/results/county/kiowa/2010/

View Quote

given less than 2k people live there combined, I think there are a lot more votes outstanding...

looks like the lead has been cut in half, I would be ready for disappointment
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:45:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm wondering when the trunk of Al Franken, er I mean Hick ballots are going to be "found."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know, man.  I'm calling shenanigans.  This is taking too long and "Democrat-leaning counties" still have a few hundred thousand votes outstanding.  And I just heard that both senators who were elected into the vacancies we created with the recalls... have been voted out for Democrats.

Im praying the lead is kept up....
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:46:47 AM EDT
[#8]
It's about a 9000 7000 vote lead w/ 87% reporting.  Nail biter. Edited for update.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:53:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's about a 9000 7000 vote lead w/ 87% reporting.  Nail biter. Edited for update.
View Quote

No joke.

As of Edit: 5000 vote lead.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:20:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No joke.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No joke.

with 20% of Denver and 13% of Boulder remaining.  Boulder can tie it up.  Denver can finish it off.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 4:05:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

with 20% of Denver and 13% of Boulder remaining.  Boulder can tie it up.  Denver can finish it off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No joke.

yup, its not looking as good anymore.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 4:05:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Bob Beauprez47.96%
Republican842,727
John Hickenlooper47.60%
Democrat836,452
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 4:15:38 AM EDT
[#13]
The only counties not 100% counted that have any significant number are super lib.  It looks like the dems are playing the "We found THESE ballots", game.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 4:20:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, im out for tonight. Ill find out in the morning but the way its going, ill just expect waking up to Hicky winning.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 5:09:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Holy god this governor race is close. As of now Hickenlooper is winning by a tenth of a percent.
http://www.usatoday.com/pages/interactives/elections-results-2014/#governors
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 8:35:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Seems the deme took all night to stuff ballots.

I really hope Beauprez calls for a recount. I can't believe this bullshit.

And there goes post 10k. Fuck it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 9:44:53 AM EDT
[#17]
We need to "find" 15k ballots in Mesa county.  Still hoping for Beau.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 9:47:23 AM EDT
[#18]
How do things look in CO this morning?

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 9:54:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Dick has a 13.5K lead.  93% reporting in.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:14:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, when I went to bed B had like a 20k lead... This is not what I wanted to wake up to.

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:36:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I do!  Please!

IM me or email me at [email protected] if you need my address/info again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Godspeed, brothers. I wish I could have been there to cast a ballot with you against Hickenlooper.

You did.  Twice.  

It warms my heart to see what you gentlemen have done.

BTW - I have a copy of the NRA mag for you, if you still need another one.

I do!  Please!

IM me or email me at [email protected] if you need my address/info again.

I've still got the IM. It took a while to get my Dad's copy. I'll try to get it in the mail this weekend.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:38:31 AM EDT
[#22]
If Hickenlooper gets back in, I commiserate with you guys....although I would go with shenanigans going on....we couldn't do it in NYS either.

It would have been a real message if you can boot Hickenlooper, don't screw with gunowners.

Awesome job on the recalls, booting that Dem turd would have been icing on the cake....I would hope in any case, they won't be trying anymore stupidity with gun laws, but we'll see....
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm a bit beyond words right now.  Just really disgusted.  Yes, there was fraud.  Yes, the Republicans didn't run the best candidate and failed to tap into the spirit of the recalls to whip people up.  But these elections show that the people currently populating the state that I love with all the passion of an immigrant - the place I chose to come to and start a family in - don't share my values and out number my kind.  If this was an actual fight, numbers wouldn't matter - ferocity and skill can overcome those.  But in voting?  

"We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We submitted with pleasure...We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, 'Gulag Archipelago'
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:05:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Wouldn't mind taking a gander at the patch they had to update yesterday
Linky
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:27:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm a bit beyond words right now.  Just really disgusted.  Yes, there was fraud.  Yes, the Republicans didn't run the best candidate and failed to tap into the spirit of the recalls to whip people up.  But these elections show that the people currently populating the state that I love with all the passion of an immigrant - the place I chose to come to and start a family in - don't share my values and out number my kind.  If this was an actual fight, numbers wouldn't matter - ferocity and skill can overcome those.  But in voting?  

"We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We submitted with pleasure...We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, 'Gulag Archipelago'
View Quote

I'm really disgusted that the state GOP didn't lift a finger to help George Rivera, who was in a close race. They certainly gave $$$ to candidates in safer races.

Keith, you're also greatly outnumbered by people of lesser intellectual capacity.  That's also part of the problem.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:35:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Went to bed at 10 with high spirits. Fuck

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:48:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Really sad what the libs moving into Colorado did. I lived in Littleton as a kid from 1957-63..what a difference.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:52:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm really disgusted that the state GOP didn't lift a finger to help George Rivera, who was in a close race. They certainly gave $$$ to candidates in safer races.

Keith, you're also greatly outnumbered by people of lesser intellectual capacity.  That's also part of the problem.
View Quote

The question is, do the Republicans feel any shame?  If so, we need to force them into another round of repeal legislation as their first order of business.  Let Hick veto if he wants but it'll be on him.  Get it to his desk.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#29]
That's a rhetorical question, isn't it?    

9 News called it for Hick.  Some of the comments (from all sides) are full of derp.  At least one Hick supporter thought that Hick did a good thing by supporting MJ legalization.  The sad part is that Hick didn't and these people vote.

Anyway, we'll have to see how the rest of the races go that are still being counted and move forward.  We'll do that after the New Year (per my email).  I'm about burned-out now.  Of course, I'll still help with C2AA in the meantime.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:11:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The question is, do the Republicans feel any shame?  If so, we need to force them into another round of repeal legislation as their first order of business.  Let Hick veto if he wants but it'll be on him.  Get it to his desk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is VERY important.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:16:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I guess the last thing the Morse and crew did paid off, but that is just an excuse ...
Until people start winning the FSA fringe hearts and minds it's a loosing battle

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:47:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Whats really sad is people that voted for some other candidate besides republican are to blame. Those parties have never won in this state and they lack the support to ever win. Why piss away your vote instead of getting Hick out?!?
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:13:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Whats really sad is people that voted for some other candidate besides republican are to blame. Those parties have never won in this state and they lack the support to ever win. Why piss away your vote instead of getting Hick out?!?
View Quote

No.  Sorry man.  I voted for BB and CG.  The blame can be shared by many.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:21:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Explain Gardner vs Uterus

it's easy to point fingers rather than look inward
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:14:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If anyone should be ashamed, it should be the libertarians that cost the election
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:20:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I guess the last thing the Morse and crew did paid off, but that is just an excuse ...
Until people start winning the FSA fringe hearts and minds it's a loosing battle

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Dems CREATE the FSA, more and more...

To win elections.

You guys are screwed and the rest of us too.

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:44:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If anyone should be ashamed, it should be the libertarians that cost the election
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's just what I was thinking this morning when I saw by how little Hick won by. He came so close to going down, but too many people voted libertarian instead of Republican. Just because the Republican wasn't "perfect".
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:58:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm afraid he is correct......divide and conquer. The Libertarians cost us the election. I seriously doubt a conservative will ever hold the Governor office again in Colorado.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:06:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm afraid he is correct......divide and conquer. The Libertarians cost us the election. I seriously doubt a conservative will ever hold the Governor office again in Colorado.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, we could pour money into a green or independent candidate that has no chance of winning, but will leach votes from the D instead of the R.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

If anyone should be ashamed, it should be the libertarians us and the Rs that cost the election
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If anyone should be ashamed, it should be the libertarians us and the Rs that cost the election

I include myself in that "us."  I know it's easier to point the finger somewhere other than the mirror.  Instead of assuming the people who pulled the L lever owe their allegiance to the GOP, maybe the GOP should be a little more consistent on liberty to appeal to these people.  I know for a fact that at least some people felt that the Establishment foisted BB upon us and they got pissed.  Their suspicion isn't baseless, either.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nonsense.  The Republican did plenty of things that should be shame-worthy because they were done out of pettiness and not with the sole goal of unseating the Democrats in mind.  That is shameful and why there were not bigger gains.  I've been cursed to have even a small insight into their world and it is childish and morally irresponsible.

The Libertarians and those who voted for other-than-D-&-R have nothing to be ashamed of, though in purely analytical terms, they bear some responsibility.  They could have pushed the Dems out if they had backed the Republicans but I cannot morally condemn them for not strategically backing A simply to unseat B.

And here's part of the problem - we're flinging purses and blaming instead of analyzing to see IF there's anything we can learn and improve on, assuming we ever get another chance.  

Here's what I've considered so far (worth everything you paid for it):
1. The state Republicans did not run candidates that had energy and a personal message.  The best they could do was "You hate Obama and my opponent is just like Obama.  I'm not Obama."  There was not a lot of local excitement, energy expended by the state party or thinking outside the box in terms of campaigning.
2. The state Republicans ran a retread for governor.  Someone new might have sparked greater interest.  People like "shiny."
3. The state Republicans were uncomfortable with the recalls and so avoided anything tied to them.  They did not make use of their imagery or their "Colorado rejected the Democrat platform" message, which could have been exploited to great commercial success.  They did not support Rivera or Herpin with any enthusiasm or funding, possibly because they got their seats through the recalls.  Both lost their seats.  We tapped into a sense of anger with the recalls and people saw the Democrats not just as "the other party" but as attacking enemies because they were, right in front of the cameras for days.  This has burned down to a smolder but could have been fanned back into a flame.  It was not, because of state Republican party spite.
4. The state Libertarians did not forego this election for the sake of 2A rights.  I do not fault them for running and supporting their candidates.  They're a political party, independent of the two majors - running their own candidates is what they're supposed to do.  However, knowing that they were highly unlikely to win, they could have chosen (officially or through back channels) to work towards Republican victory as a punitive action against Democrat infringement of our rights.  It would have been powerfully symbolic and grounds for expecting some return respect from the Right.

The Republicans need new leadership that can check their ego at the door and focus on turning people against Democrats, not necessarily on "running for seats."  They need a clear message about removing laws and regulations because people can govern themselves and make their own choices.  If they do this (and do it with sincerity), they will attract new blood and these recruits must be embraced and put out front as a new face.  They must work with Libertarians and independents in a public fashion, encouraging input even while publicly disagreeing with them on some topics.  Libertarians have shown themselves willing to vote for Republicans but the reverse is rarely the case.  They need to stop trivializing them and start being seen as "an alternative to Libertarianism" instead of "the lesser of two evils."

I don't see any of this happening but I think it would work.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 4:36:43 PM EDT
[#43]

4.3% voted for the third party candidate for Governor and Hick won by 2%.  5.3% voted for the third party Senate candidate and Gardner won by 5%.  That 7% swing between Gardner's win and Beauprez's loss cannot be explained away by third party candidate votes.  I'm not a political analyst, but tells me that Beauprez didn't convince enough Gardner voters to vote for him instead of Hick.  That also tells me that we need a better candidate that appeals state wide to counter the Dem strongholds of Denver and Boulder counties.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 5:12:06 PM EDT
[#44]
I will say kudos to Beauprez.  He's not conceding since there are still 120,000 votes outstanding.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I will say kudos to Beauprez. He's not conceding since there are still 120,000 votes outstanding
View Quote

This. What are the chances we could still pull this off?

Edit for quoting wrong person.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 5:17:35 PM EDT
[#46]
It seems extremely unlikely.  However, I do okay with "unlikely".  If that 120K number is accurate, it's possible.  I wouldn't bet anything on it but... not statistically impossible.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 5:55:59 PM EDT
[#47]
In other news
Special recognition in the 2014 election goes to the Williams for Colorado Attorney General campaign. David K. Williams, Jr. received over 100k votes -- a first in LPCO history! For some comparisons, there are nearly 30k active, registered Libertarians in Colorado, and Gary Johnson, LP Presidential Candidate, received about 35.5k votes from Colorado voters in 2012. Congratulations, David!

I think he is a relative of an ARFcommer
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 5:58:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Kudos to Mister Williams!
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 6:42:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Here's a question.  Why are there more total votes for the Governor's election than there are for the Senate election.  Not that it would make a difference, but there seems to be 2k and change more votes in the Governor's race.

eta - I'm looking at this link for the vote counts.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Here's a question.  Why are there more total votes for the Governor's election than there are for the Senate election.  Not that it would make a difference, but there seems to be 2k and change more votes in the Governor's race.

eta - I'm looking at this link for the vote counts.
View Quote

I thought about that too but then I realized you don't have to vote for each.  Some people probably left sections blank.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top