Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/29/2016 12:18:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Need anybody to manage your arfcom account?  

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:30:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess people must have short memories.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:49:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Bless your heart.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:28:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:56:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bless your heart.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:20:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Lol no
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:41:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Pshhh good luck.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:03:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Ditto on the bless your heart
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:18:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Can I get paid in platinum,gold or other precious metals; how else am I going to afford $99 GI mags?

Thanks, but no thanks. I'd rather panhandle with the bums than work for Cheaper Than Platinum But More Expensive Than Gold, the bums have more integrity.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:30:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:51:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Unlike the rest of these cretins, my ass is for sale.

If you need Cisco Voice talent and have more money than God, I can be bought. I love you guys and your free market pricing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:12:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If you need Cisco Voice talent and have more money than God, I can be bought. I love you guys and your free market pricing.
View Quote

Maybe you could do an on air promo plug for them.......for whatever the Howard Stern free market price rate is.

ETA-The real issue was over the fact that people had pending orders in for in stock items @ the advertised price and those transactions were not honored @ said price.

CTD took the low road, and in a free market people don't have to pay for $99 GI mags.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:16:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bless your heart.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:12:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Bless your heart.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Bless your heart.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:39:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Maybe you could do an on air promo plug for them.......for whatever the Howard Stern free market price rate is.

ETA-The real issue was over the fact that people had pending orders in for in stock items @ the advertised price and those transactions were not honored @ said price.

CTD took the low road, and in a free market people don't have to pay for $99 GI mags.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're talking about the '09 run on everything after Obama was elected?  I first ordered from CTD in '03 when 7.62x51 surplus was still just that, dirt cheap.  However, in '09 when I saw false MSRPs (to make it look like the new jacked up price was a good deal) I vowed never to use them again.   Its been hard not to since they actually have some decent ammo prices again but then I remember '09 and sales tax.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:55:23 PM EDT
[#17]
I will never get over the 100 rnd packs of .22LR......................ONLY $100,........

They do know how to make the best of a panic tho...

Never spent a dime with them,and that won't change.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#18]
My personal favorite was a box of shitty .380 FMJ for $69.99.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:48:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I guess people must have short memories.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:49:03 PM EDT
[#20]
http://www.thefirearms.guide/blog/ammo-price-gouging

If you google "Cheaper than Dirt" here are the first results:
Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nSzejLXHG4

9m PMC 50 Rounds $70
http://thefirearms.guide/wp-content/uploads/prices-ctd.jpg

2.5 stars by the BBB
http://www.bbb.org/fort-worth/business-reviews/sporting-goods-retail/cheaper-than-dirt-in-fort-worth-tx-91030021/

This should tell you all that you need to know about how bad CtD is. Don't work for these asshole, don't give them your money, and spread the word about how much they suck. When I saw their retail store closed I was hoping their webstore was going to close as well.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Golly, I get the feeling that some people don't like CTD.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:58:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You guys are just too harsh.
 So if CTD pays $50.00/hr , who's willing to work?
View Quote

<--------this guy.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I'd pass.  Wouldn't pass on everybody paying $50/hr.  But would pass on them.  Your reputation has to be worth something.  Free market values mean the consumer also gets to assign a value.  The free market has been speaking for a while.  $99 pmags, hey go for it.  Your choice, and the free market does work.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 5:34:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

For what it's worth I turned down $65/hr on a W2 contract yesterday.  

How much would you wanna bet though that CTD is paying < $15 an hour for this position?  

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 6:15:56 PM EDT
[#26]
I guess this thread has not gone according to plan....
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 7:08:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 7:25:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I guess this thread has not gone according to plan....
View Quote

^^^ Understatement right there...

Seriously though...  Not sure about CTD's stability, their store in Round Rock came and went faster than you could sneeze.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:19:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:19:47 PM EDT
[#30]
I meet all of your criteria, can type much faster than that, have a Master of Architecture, and a great memory. I live in Dallas but wouldn't mind moving to Ft. Worth. Could you start me around $75,000 annually?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:34:35 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I guess just not replying if you're not interested would have been too easy.
View Quote

Nope.  These guys have, by their own hand, worked hard to earn the hatred that we have for them.

The free market setting the price of goods, I can handle.  When they dropped all of their current orders, where an offer and acceptance had been made at an agreed price... so that they could sell those same items at the "new inflated price"... that is what, rightfully, earned them the disdain that all of us have for them.

Edited...VA-gunnut

Hey CTD... my level of interest in working for you is -87%

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 12:59:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I meet all of your criteria, can type much faster than that, have a Master of Architecture, and a great memory. I live in Dallas but wouldn't mind moving to Ft. Worth. Could you start me around $75,000 annually?
View Quote

Wow, is that all someone with a masters degree makes in architecture?
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 1:01:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

And let me guess, the position was "urgent" and they didn't offer PTO.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 1:01:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Too big of a pay cut.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 1:05:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You're talking about the '09 run on everything after Obama was elected?  I first ordered from CTD in '03 when 7.62x51 surplus was still just that, dirt cheap.  However, in '09 when I saw false MSRPs (to make it look like the new jacked up price was a good deal) I vowed never to use them again.   Its been hard not to since they actually have some decent ammo prices again but then I remember '09 and sales tax.
View Quote

I think most people are referring the gouging that took place after sandy hook.

Besides, I think the salary they will offer their employee will be..... cheaper than dirt.

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 1:11:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bless their heart, and not me.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 2:22:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I think the salary they will offer their employee will be..... cheaper than dirt.

View Quote

You forgot

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 3:14:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're always "urgent", and no, no PTO or benefits since it is a 1099 contract.  The consulting firm could go "up to" $65...  like that was a stretch for them.  I'm sure the billable rate is around double that.

I told them the numbers just didn't make sense.  If they'd been talking over $75 I'd have had to think about it...  but probably still would have said no because I'm not comfortable leaving a full time perm job for a short term contract gig even if the short term money might look tempting.

They may come back around eventually, because they aren't going to find too many people with much of any breadth and depth in the odd bunch of technologies they are looking for.

Edit to add...  they're always "Exciting" opportunities too...  Uh yeah...  updating a bunch of old systems to current technologies?  not so much.  Been there, done that.  Again and again.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 7:33:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Lots of retailers were lower than CTD. To my knowledge CTD never knowingly sold used, refurbished, or fake branded items as new. That doesn't make CTD any better, just saying there is worse in retail. The retailers that I know of that sold used, refurbished, an  fake branded items are long gone. I am sure most of us bought some of those items.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:19:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Lots of retailers were lower than CTD. To my knowledge CTD never knowingly sold used, refurbished, or fake branded items as new. That doesn't make CTD any better, just saying there is worse in retail. The retailers that I know of that sold used, refurbished, an  fake branded items are long gone. I am sure most of us bought some of those items.
View Quote

Seems to be a lot of dealers/re-sellers that took advantage of whatever the political climate has been to make a buck. I'm all for free market but there is a difference in making a buck and completely fucking people over because they can.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Seems to be a lot of dealers/re-sellers that took advantage of whatever the political climate has been to make a buck. I'm all for free market but there is a difference in making a buck and completely fucking people over because they can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if anybody actually bought ammo during their price fluctuations. We went there and saw the ar's at 5 times their normal price. We were driving through on 380 in McKinney. If they had been selling bottled water at a similar price increase after a utility killing storm, people would have gone to jail.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 8:13:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 8:23:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That's the thing, no one was forced to buy anything. They charged what they wanted, people paid if they wanted.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if anybody actually bought ammo during their price fluctuations. We went there and saw the ar's at 5 times their normal price. We were driving through on 380 in McKinney. If they had been selling bottled water at a similar price increase after a utility killing storm, people would have gone to jail.

That's the thing, no one was forced to buy anything. They charged what they wanted, people paid if they wanted.

Sooo...you applied then?
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 11:26:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup, this is the free markets in action. And the free markets responded and are still responding as seen in this thread.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:19:21 AM EDT
[#46]
As far as  I can see it, there is a fine line between free-market and predatory. I don't know about the rest of the uncivilized world, but in Florida they have laws against those practices. Places trying to charge five dollars for a gallon of water, 100%< mark-up on generators, etc.  As far as I'm concerned, the second amendment and shooting industry in general has been in a time of crisis since the '89 fiasco was passed. (Ok, '34 & '68 were worse, but  they didn't cause trends like 89 dId.)
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:33:39 AM EDT
[#47]
... Oh and for those of you who were being snarky about $50 an hour, if you were being sarcastic you don't need to read any further. If you're being serious and have any openings at $40/hr or higher within 20 mi of Conroe (or work from home), please pm me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 12:24:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
As far as  I can see it, there is a fine line between free-market and predatory. I don't know about the rest of the uncivilized world, but in Florida they have laws against those practices. Places trying to charge five dollars for a gallon of water, 100%< mark-up on generators, etc.  As far as I'm concerned, the second amendment and shooting industry in general has been in a time of crisis since the '89 fiasco was passed. (Ok, '34 & '68 were worse, but  they didn't cause trends like 89 dId.)
View Quote

Texas does have laws that prohibit price gouging on essential items during emergencies. A $99 Pmag isn't an essential item.
Texas law on Price Gouging

While I choose not to do business with CTD for my own reasons, I don't have a problem with them or anyone else selling their own damn property for whatever price they want. I don't whine PRICE GOUGING!!! when someone on the EE lists a gun or other item for more that I think its worth......I just move on.

Cheaper Than Dirt did cancel AR orders the day after Sandy Hook because their website didn't show actual live inventory. It would accept orders for guns, but orders exceeded their actual inventory. CTD wasn't the only retailer to experience this. If your local gun dealer has a website shell for Gallery of Guns it shows guns in inventory at Davidsons, a distributor in Arizona.....not at your LGS.

During the Obama panics the one place you could find ammo in any caliber was Cheaper Than Dirt or Cheaper Than Dirt Guns. You would pay double for a box of ammo, but when WalMart/Academy/Cabelas & your local gun store didn't have jack squat on the shelf you could get it at CTD. Waiting until a panic to stock up on AR's/magazine/ammo proves that poor planning can be expensive. And for those that say their local gun store didn't raise prices? If you are out of stock it doesn't really matter what the price is does it?

Anyone that paid $99 for an AR magazine deserves to pay $99 for an AR magazine. And I really doubt that CTD sold too many of those $99 AR mags.........meaning they didn't actually profit. Sure, advertising a $99 AR magazine made them look stupid, but it isn't gouging, predatory, illegal or unethical.

Some of you guys must love Bernie Sanders.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#49]

I agree.  "Price gouging" should only be in the mouths of liberals.

My problem is the false MSRPs.  That was false advertising.  Don't tell me the MSRP of this GI mag is 129.99 and your awesome 99.99 price is "discounted" 33% when really it is a massive panic price  hike.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 12:49:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Texas does have laws that prohibit price gouging on essential items during emergencies. A $99 Pmag isn't an essential item.

While I choose not to do business with CTD for my own reasons, I don't have a problem with them or anyone else selling their own damn property for whatever price they want. I don't whine PRICE GOUGING!!! when someone on the EE lists a gun or other item for more that I think its worth......I just move on.

Cheaper Than Dirt did cancel AR orders the day after Sandy Hook because their website didn't show actual live inventory. It would accept orders for guns, but orders exceeded their actual inventory. CTD wasn't the only retailer to experience this. If your local gun dealer has a website shell for Gallery of Guns it shows guns in inventory at Davidsons, a distributor in Arizona.....not at your LGS.

During the Obama panics the one place you could find ammo in any caliber was Cheaper Than Dirt or Cheaper Than Dirt Guns. You would pay double for a box of ammo, but when WalMart/Academy/Cabelas & your local gun store didn't have jack squat on the shelf you could get it at CTD. Waiting until a panic to stock up on AR's/magazine/ammo proves that poor planning can be expensive. And for those that say their local gun store didn't raise prices? If you are out of stock it doesn't really matter what the price is does it?

Anyone that paid $99 for an AR magazine deserves to pay $99 for an AR magazine. And I really doubt that CTD sold too many of those $99 AR mags.........meaning they didn't actually profit. Sure, advertising a $99 AR magazine made them look stupid, but it isn't gouging, predatory, illegal or unethical.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well said.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top