Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 8:04:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, crap! I'm thinking we should push it to another date...
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 9:29:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Me and my brother are planning to come.  We are coming from OKC.  So is it on or not?  I don't want to drive two hours and be the only ones there.
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 9:31:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm already in Clinton. I'm goin' whether y'all show or not.
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 9:36:37 PM EDT
[#4]
How far from Clinton?
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 9:43:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How far from Clinton?

?? I'm IN Clinton.

Link Posted: 4/20/2012 9:45:00 PM EDT
[#6]
How far is Taloga from Clinton?
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 9:46:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How far is Taloga from Clinton?

36 ish miles.... About 40 mins

ETA straight north of Clinton
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 9:49:15 PM EDT
[#8]
38 miles north of Clinton on Hwy 183.
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 9:55:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok, that gives me an idea.  

So we are looking at cnjarvis, soonerman, me and my brother thus far.

Steve, Steve, are out for sure.  Dan probably out.  Tango is out.  

Any others we know about?

I am bringing the Uzi (FA), a couple .308's, a AR, a 45-70, a PMR-30, and a couple revolvers.
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 10:15:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, Not really sure about me.... Maybe the next one if it's closer, and the happy switch is more prevalent...
Link Posted: 4/20/2012 10:29:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Hmmmm, this is not sounding good.
Link Posted: 4/21/2012 3:56:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Im still in, ill be headed out around 0730ish
Link Posted: 4/21/2012 4:26:03 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm afraid I'm going to have to skip this one.  Just got off of work and I feel like warmed over death.

cnjarvis, you're actually in Clinton?  As in, not just passing through but you're there for more than a few minutes?  I'm sorry.  I don't know if you're familiar with the town or not, but Adamo's is good for Italian and Wong's is pretty decent for a chinese food buffet.
Link Posted: 4/21/2012 5:16:56 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm out and wish I wasn't. But I made a commitment to these 10 and 11 yo girls and I've got to be there.
As much as I enjoy working with youngsters, it's more fun to shoot with you guys.
Sorry I can't be there.
Link Posted: 4/21/2012 5:54:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm afraid I'm going to have to skip this one.  Just got off of work and I feel like warmed over death.

cnjarvis, you're actually in Clinton?  As in, not just passing through but you're there for more than a few minutes?  I'm sorry.  I don't know if you're familiar with the town or not, but Adamo's is good for Italian and Wong's is pretty decent for a chinese food buffet.

My mother and grandmother live in Clinton so it's not like it's a wasted trip. My grandmother has lived in Clinton since the 40's.
Link Posted: 4/21/2012 9:43:34 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't feel so bad about not getting to go now. Plus I couldn't find any 357mag or 45LC ammo. They warned us at H&H that a major ammo shortage was coming.  I had read that several times lately on different sites so maybe it's true. Just in case I'm gonna stock up what I can.

I REALLY want to shoot my new bisley at some of those fall down target thingies!
Link Posted: 4/21/2012 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#17]
I think you and your friend...and all of us for that matter... should invest in reloading components next, just so an ammo shortage (knee-jerk panic buying) doesn't keep you from enjoying your boomsticks
Link Posted: 4/21/2012 10:30:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think you and your friend...and all of us for that matter... should invest in reloading components next, just so an ammo shortage (knee-jerk panic buying) doesn't keep you from enjoying your boomsticks

yep; got to have plenty of powder & primers on hand.

and at least one bullet mould per caliber so you can at least cast bullets if necessary

Link Posted: 4/21/2012 11:13:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I don't feel so bad about not getting to go now. Plus I couldn't find any 357mag or 45LC ammo. They warned us at H&H that a major ammo shortage was coming.  I had read that several times lately on different sites so maybe it's true. Just in case I'm gonna stock up what I can.

I REALLY want to shoot my new bisley at some of those fall down target thingies!

So H&H is already marking ammo up?
Any excuse will do to increase sales and profit.....

Link Posted: 4/21/2012 1:29:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

There is a majority of your issue
Link Posted: 4/21/2012 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

My local walmart had 3 or 4 different kinds of .357mag on hand Friday morning.  Not a lot of each type, but they were there.  This is out in an area where buying ammo off the shelf can only be done at so many (two) places.
Link Posted: 4/21/2012 4:37:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So H&H is already marking ammo up?

Any excuse will do to increase sales and profit.....

Actually they had some on sale. We bought a bunch of 45acp in bulk.  They were just out of a lot of the ammo and said it was getting harder to get some in.
Link Posted: 4/21/2012 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Several of the places I looked at online for ammo said they were anticipating shortages in the near future also...dunno.
Link Posted: 4/21/2012 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Several of the places I looked at online for ammo said they were anticipating shortages in the near future also...dunno.

Oh, yeah, it starts every time an anti-gun candidate comes up for office like Obama running again. Rumors are floating around that the federal Dept of Homeland Security is buying millions of rounds of ammo as well as a billion dollars worth of freeze dried foods.
Prices will sky rocket, then come down some, just like they did a few years ago.
It's an expensive hobby for sure.

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top