BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:04:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Let's say you are part of a group that say the KKK does not like.  Let's say they said they would like to hang you from a tree because you are someone that they don't like.  If they don't hang you from the tree would you still try and be friends with them because they have not hung you from a tree?  Yes I know it's a dramatic way of saying something but has the owner of the restraunt not said your type is not welcome?  Besides you said the food was not that good.  Do you pay money to eat something you don't like?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Burger Tex on Airport in Austin has both 30.06 and 30.07. The signs inside are too small to be legal, but they serve as a reminder of the legal signs posted outside. I was with friends and wasn't about to announce to everyone I was carrying and couldn't go inside. Now I know not to come back. I haven't been here in over a decade. The burger wasn't as good as I remember anyway.

#ohwell

ETA: on the way out, I looked at the signs again. Definitely not legal. The lettering is too small. This raises an interesting question. Am I still disrespecting the owner's property rights if the sign is invalid despite the obvious intent to bar carry? Should I give my money to a business that technically has not given me legal notice to bring carry on their premises even though it is clear that they wish for me not to?

Let's say you are part of a group that say the KKK does not like.  Let's say they said they would like to hang you from a tree because you are someone that they don't like.  If they don't hang you from the tree would you still try and be friends with them because they have not hung you from a tree?  Yes I know it's a dramatic way of saying something but has the owner of the restraunt not said your type is not welcome?  Besides you said the food was not that good.  Do you pay money to eat something you don't like?

Post 30.06 I refuse to spend my money in the place. Even  30.07 I buy only what I have to.

Yesterday went in to Randall's in Cedar Park, checked the entrance real well. No 30.07 or 30.06 signs. Only signs was the 'normal' TABC sign.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:36:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I'm not particularly inspired to go back. I ate there a lot back in the day always on campus, though. ...right next to Conan's on 29th. I popped in there the other day and saw no signs. I can't imagine open carrying in there. I bet after the first guy does it, they put up a sign.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:46:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeah, I'm not particularly inspired to go back. I ate there a lot back in the day always on campus, though. ...right next to Conan's on 29th. I popped in there the other day and saw no signs. I can't imagine open carrying in there. I bet after the first guy does it, they put up a sign.
View Quote

Is Conans posted.   I always get a deep dish with wheat crust when I get back to Austin
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:53:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Went to see "The Revenant" at a Cinemark theater in Wichita Falls a couple of weeks ago. I dropped my CA .44 Special in my pocket and proceeded to the ticket counter. Looked around each of the front doors for any sign but saw nothing. Finally as I walked in, I noticed ABOVE  one of the outside entrance doors a 30.07 sign. I thought it was a little amusing. Almost as if they were required to display the sign, but nobody told them WHERE to display it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:59:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Went to see "The Revenant" at a Cinemark theater in Wichita Falls a couple of weeks ago. I dropped my CA .44 Special in my pocket and proceeded to the ticket counter. Looked around each of the front doors for any sign but saw nothing. Finally as I walked in, I noticed ABOVE  one of the outside entrance doors a 30.07 sign. I thought it was a little amusing. Almost as if they were required to display the sign, but nobody told them WHERE to display it.
View Quote

Cinemark 12 in Mansfield isn't posted either way. At least as of the Force Awakens.

I won't go to the movies without my CCW so places like RAVE and AMC don't get my business.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I was filling up at Racetrac today and while standing there, I noticed they had 30..06 and 30.07 signs posted at the door.  They were mostly covered up with shit they were selling, but they were there.  When I got home I got on their website, and they have a page that lets you send them comments.  I told them, I would no longer be purchasing fuel from them because of the signs.  We'll see what they say.

ETA:  I received a reply.  It's about as vanilla as you can get.  Here it is:

Thank you for your email. We appreciate our guests taking the time to contact us. We have received your feedback and sincerely apologize that your RaceTrac experience did not meet your expectations. As a valued guest, your concerns are our top priority and your concerns have been forwarded to the appropriate department for future consideration. Your patronage is important to us and we hope you will continue to give us the opportunity to serve you. Thank you again for bringing this matter to our attention. We appreciate your being a valued RaceTrac guest.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:04:59 PM EDT
[#7]
The Texas3006 owner posted the January data in the Texas CHL forum today.

We now have over 2000 new entries for Jan 2016.

25 in Nov, 200 in Dec, and  2100ish in Jan.

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 1:12:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Sikes Senter Mall in Wichita Falls. The one I noticed was about 6ft to the right of the west entrance in the corner of the window.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:32:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is a shame so many business owners don't want our money. But screw them. It isn't like there is only one store of a given type in the entire state. I'll just patronize their competitors.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:40:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

How many of the 2000 entries are just 30.06 places adding a 30.07?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 5:37:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not as many as you think.  I see a lot of them as new postings of both signs.  

The Y I go to just posted both signs.  I asked them why it took them 21 years to finally discover what it took to stop people from carrying concealed on their property?  I got one of these looks.    I also asked them how they felt about me terminating my membership, because of the signs.  They told me that was my choice.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:46:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It is a shame so many business owners don't want our money. But screw them. It isn't like there is only one store of a given type in the entire state. I'll just patronize their competitors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tennessee is passing a law that requires business that post their equivalent of a 30.06/30.07 signs to assume full responsibility for any customer injured in  shooting or robbery. Think we need to do that here!
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:49:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Tennessee is passing a law that requires business that post their equivalent of a 30.06/30.07 signs to assume full responsibility for any customer injured in  shooting or robbery. Think we need to do that here!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree 100%.  I've been thinking of this for a while, now.  If you stop me from being able to defend myself at your business and I get hurt, well I do have a real reason to sue.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:45:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I noticed today at the office they took down the 30.06 signs.  I had expected them to put up new 30.06 and 30.07 signs, but nope; all gone.  Still doesn't help me with employee policy though.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:18:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I agree 100%.  I've been thinking of this for a while, now.  If you stop me from being able to defend myself at your business and I get hurt, well I do have a real reason to sue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Employers should be added to that list.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:26:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think this is one of the few reasons I would back a new law to be created.

What do you think?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:22:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The parking lot bill was only the start. When the insurance companies jack up the rates because of the liability of 30.06/30.07 signs no business will want to put them up unless they are real stupid.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:25:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Bad idea on making the business responsible. You made the choice to enter a private property and abide by their rules. If you are injured by a bad guy, you are the one who chose to be unarmed in a gun free zone.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:46:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Bad idea on making the business responsible. You made the choice to enter a private property and abide by their rules. If you are injured by a bad guy, you are the one who chose to be unarmed in a gun free zone.
View Quote

Why is it a bad idea?  Nobody says they have to post or not to post.  They have to take responsibility for other items in their business.  If a fast food joint has to pay when they make you sick because of a policy then why not pay if you get hurt because of a policy. Just ask Chipoltle how some of their old policies worked out for them.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:56:11 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Why?  Nobody says they have to post or not to post.  They have to take responsibility for other items in their business.  If a fast food joint has to pay when they make you sick because of a policy then why not pay if you get hurt because of a policy. Just ask Chipoltle how some of their old policies worked out for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?  Nobody says they have to post or not to post.  They have to take responsibility for other items in their business.  If a fast food joint has to pay when they make you sick because of a policy then why not pay if you get hurt because of a policy. Just ask Chipoltle how some of their old policies worked out for them.
The left will use the law against us like they are by pushing these signs.  

I say it's time to fight fire with fire.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:05:27 AM EDT
[#21]
After reading the last half dozen posts, it seems we are saying, the only way to keep business owners from putting up these signs is to lessen their cash flow.  It's the only thing they are going to listen to.  Whether it's through suing them if you get hurt because you can't protect yourself, or spending your money at their competitors.  Either way, if we just talk about it here, nothing will get done.  These business owners probably don't read Arfcom.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
After reading the last half dozen posts, it seems we are saying, the only way to keep business owners from putting up these signs is to lessen their cash flow.  It's the only thing they are going to listen to.  Whether it's through suing them if you get hurt because you can't protect yourself, or spending your money at their competitors.  Either way, if we just talk about it here, nothing will get done.  These business owners probably don't read Arfcom.
View Quote

I vote with my wallet every day.  30.06 places have always received notice from me about why I wouldn't be shopping there and how they could resolve it.  Speak your mind, spend your money wisely.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:04:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Why is it a bad idea?  Nobody says they have to post or not to post.  They have to take responsibility for other items in their business.  If a fast food joint has to pay when they make you sick because of a policy then why not pay if you get hurt because of a policy. Just ask Chipoltle how some of their old policies worked out for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do you think Home Depot is so carefull about getting down pallets when they are open for business. I've seen grocery stores sued and lost big time for spills or mechandice of the floor.

You spill something at WaMart, HEB or Target, the employees are right there cleaning it up.

There is not a single business that needs to post 30.06/30.07 signs. Most can not even post them correctly. I have seen over half the 51% signs posted so poorly that you can not even find the sign to know what you are walking into.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 12:01:12 PM EDT
[#24]
La Cantina on Hwy 69 in Port Arthur. 30.07.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 6:38:03 PM EDT
[#25]
HopDoddy in Round Rock has a 30.07 sign up. Went there once but just OK food and it was expensive for what you get.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 9:48:57 PM EDT
[#26]
The entrances to the parking lot at Central Mall in Port Arthur is 30.07 posted.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 1:34:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Schulenburg Texas has a new Pilot travel center on I10, 30.06 & 30.07 posted.  Wtf, an all night truck stop barring the right to self defense.  

My favorite Resturant, Klosel's Steakhouse in Moulton Texas had both posted - hand written.  Need to check back soon to see if I need to have a sit down with the owner or not.  Have only been eating there for 40+ years, shame to loose business like that.

Amy's Ice Creem in Southpark Medows, 30.07 only.  Wtf, most liberal place in the most liberal town and they don't even want to take away your right to protect yourself (as long as they don't have to know about it). But then again, per this thread, same as Alamo.

---

Seeing 30.06 signs gives,me an idea at now blacks must have dealt when they saw "no blacks allowed."  They have they right to tell me my kind is not welcome, but cold day befor my money wi follow without me.

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:02:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Schulenburg Texas has a new Pilot travel center on I10, 30.06 & 30.07 posted.  Wtf, an all night truck stop barring the right to self defense.  

My favorite Resturant, Klosel's Steakhouse in Moulton Texas had both posted - hand written.  Need to check back soon to see if I need to have a sit down with the owner or not.  Have only been eating there for 40+ years, shame to loose business like that.

Amy's Ice Creem in Southpark Medows, 30.07 only.  Wtf, most liberal place in the most liberal town and they don't even want to take away your right to protect yourself (as long as they don't have to know about it). But then again, per this thread, same as Alamo.
---
Seeing 30.06 signs gives,me an idea at now blacks must have dealt when they saw "no blacks allowed."  They have they right to tell me my kind is not welcome, but cold day befor my money wi follow without me.

View Quote

Looks like Pilot posting 30.06/30.07 signs is company wide in Texas. If you see the signs at Pilot let us know and where it was.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:27:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The Y I go to just posted both signs.  I asked them why it took them 21 years to finally discover what it took to stop people from carrying concealed on their property?  I got one of these looks.    I also asked them how they felt about me terminating my membership, because of the signs.  They told me that was my choice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you cancel your membership?
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:57:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

---

View Quote

Prohibiting the carry of handguns does not "bar your right to self-defense".   Your comparison to blacks is invalid.  You can disarm.  A black person. cannot "unblack".
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 1:44:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Prohibiting the carry of handguns does not "bar your right to self-defense".   Your comparison to blacks is invalid.  You can disarm.  A black person. cannot "unblack".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

---

I do agree with your response to his analogy of a black person cannot become "unblack". The signs are saying that people who choose to exercise their rights, are telling us that we as a people are not welcome. I do feel that it is akin to the no blacks allowed signs. It is telling me I am not welcome in an establishment and my money is not good there. Would you spend your money at a business that had a sign "NO BLACKS ALLOWED"? I will find a business that welcomes my right to self defense and money. Free market and all that.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 1:58:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  They weren't happy.  They have been losing members at a steady rate, then they pull this shit.

My wife was kind enough to get me a 3 month membership at a city owned facility, for Valentine's day, which is closer and has better equipment.  Not to mention an indoor pool.  Just what my arthritic hip needs.  
Seeing how the new place is city owned, there can not be any signs erected.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 4:17:39 PM EDT
[#33]
There was an invalid 30.07 posted inside Tarka India Kitchen in Round Rock. It wasn't even on the front door to begin with. It was posted at the order counter. Shame they went through the trouble of laminating it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Tonight on the news, they announced there would be no concealed or open carry at the Houston Rodeo.  Since the rodeo is held at NRG stadium, which was built with taxpayer dollars, I don't really think they can keep you from doing this.  

Personally, you couldn't drag me to the Houston Rodeo.  My wife begged, pleaded, and forced me to go to the livestock show last year.  I carried.  Fuck their signs.  If you check my Facebook page, the picture of me doing pull ups in front of the USMC booth was taken there.  

Discuss.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Tonight on the news, they announced there would be no concealed or open carry at the Houston Rodeo.  Since the rodeo is held at NRG stadium, which was built with taxpayer dollars, I don't really think they can keep you from doing this.  

Personally, you couldn't drag me to the Houston Rodeo.  My wife begged, pleaded, and forced me to go to the livestock show last year.  I carried.  Fuck their signs.  If you check my Facebook page, the picture of me doing pull ups in front of the USMC booth was taken there.  

Discuss.
View Quote

The rodeo is a professional sporting event which is held inside NRG Stadium.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#36]
The rodeo is a sporting event.  The livestock show, and the carnival, and all the commercial exhibits, and all the junk food outlets, are not sporting events.  They plan on having metal detectors this year.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
They plan on having metal detectors this year.
View Quote

Where exactly?
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#38]
http://abc13.com/news/no-handguns-allowed-at-this-years-rodeo/1202984/

From what I heard and read in the above article, at the entrances. Not the entrances to the rodeo itself, the entrances to the grounds.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#39]
https://nrgpark.com/hcscc

The Harris County Sports & Convention Corporation (HCSCC), is a component of Harris County, Texas, which was created by the Commissioners Court of Harris County, Texas for the purposes of aiding and acting on behalf of Harris County in managing, operating, maintaining and developing the sports and entertainment complex located on County-owned property, known as NRG Park.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 9:14:43 PM EDT
[#40]
So what's going to happen when you walk in there wearing your firearm?  I carried concealed there last year, fuck them.   If they tell you to leave, are you?  They can arrest you, but it won't stick.  You will lose your carry permit until the DA decides he can't win, and you won't plead to a lesser charge and he drops the charges.  If they do arrest you, you probably have a good 1942 case against someone.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 9:34:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So what's going to happen when you walk in there wearing your firearm?  I carried concealed there last year, fuck them.   If they tell you to leave, are you?  They can arrest you, but it won't stick.  You will lose your carry permit until the DA decides he can't win, and you won't plead to a lesser charge and he drops the charges.  If they do arrest you, you probably have a good 1942 case against someone.
View Quote

They wouldn't charge you under 30.06. They simply trespass you for refusing to leave after being given notice. You can be asked to leave at any point for any reason, I imagine.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 9:39:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Where exactly?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They plan on having metal detectors this year.

Where exactly?

When I was at the NRG stadium in late dec, they had one at every entrance. (to the stadium)
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Personally, I'm not going.  I'm not spending or donating any money.  Fuck them.  

If I wanted to go to a rodeo, I'd go to the one out here.  You can sit close enough to the action to get dirt kicked on you.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 9:57:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

They wouldn't charge you under 30.06. They simply trespass you for refusing to leave after being given notice. You can be asked to leave at any point for any reason, I imagine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=82720
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Czech Stop in West is posted 30.07. But the lettering is not 1", more like 1/2".
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:33:23 AM EDT
[#46]
I was wondering if this thread could be made a sticky??
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:45:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Texas road house,  garth Rd Baytown
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:39:02 PM EDT
[#48]
The Schooner resturant in Nederland, a non legal, printed on a 8.5x11, 30.07.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Gulf Credit Union, Nederland branch. They used to have 30.06 up. They took that down and now have only 30.07 posted.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 9:17:25 PM EDT
[#50]
New Chevron at Fostoria and 105, Cleveland. 06&07 will inform them no business from me
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top