BCM
User Panel

Page / 19
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 2:24:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Congrats Miggy!

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 2:24:47 PM EDT
[#2]
As of now,that was Miggys 262nd HR as a Tiger.

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 1:31:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Did anyone else get REALLY pissed that the Tigers didn't sweep the best team in baseball? Because I am really pissed that the fucking Cards won.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 3:16:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Miffed that Simon wasn't backed up with the bats...

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 8:43:57 AM EDT
[#5]
It was a good game, im more for pitching and defensive plays, what i seen last night, and i think we will be seeing more as time goes on, no need to bring Avila back,  JM has a handle on it and will only get better with more playing time, sweep would have been nice but we take the series, and why ausmus  put V Mart in to pinch hit was stupid
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 11:06:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Lobbie got HOSED on this one.

Again, the Bats were lazy. It happens.

The problem is, when it does happen, Pitching has to be exceptional and not just adequate.
The Kid is getting there, and needs the back up until he does.

My Concern is Vmart hyper extending the left knee at first.
Not good. The little shots like that can be the worst.

I gotta ask though.
What kind of submoronic, walking chankroid, and waste of human tissue, does MBL have reviewing the challenged calls?
Stevie wonder could see Victors foot on the bag, before the ball hit the glove.
Tough call on the field for sure, but not for re-play, where it was totally obvious.

With Challenges going like that, there is no point in having them.
What a Joke.

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 11:19:30 PM EDT
[#7]
That about sums it up
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 6:45:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes Vmart is a concern, a big concern.

However one of the beat reporters stated that all of the other players want him to stay in.

They claim the teams better with Vmart in the lineup no matted how he's hitting.

Just so tough to watch him struggle.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:09:07 AM EDT
[#9]
That's where a good manager comes into play.
Manage the team and tell them what's good for them
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 9:47:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Remember 2013? Vmart missed all of 2012 with an injury. 2013 he came back and hit cleanup and for the first half of the season he hit like .165. Jim Leyland flatly refused to bench him, flatly refused to drop him down. He came right out and told the media, 'I'm not sitting Vmart, I'm not dropping him down.' All the fans were pissed. Just before the Al Star Break, he started to warm up.

After the All Star game he came back and hit like .400 for the entire second half and finished the season hitting over .300.

Vmart has earned the benefit of the doubt, and he has earned the opportunity to stay in his spot until he works it out.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:09:40 AM EDT
[#11]
having had murmurous injury's in my life, best way to heal is stop using it, i cant see how V mart having knee surgery, and using it every day, twisting and turning on it is going to make things better, and then jamming it last night when he landed on first base, BEFORE THE FUCKING BALL GOT INTO THE GLOVE, I really like V Mart, when the cameras pan the team during the national anthem, you always see V Mart with his hat over his heart and his head bowed, no one else does that, he needs to be on the DL at least the 15 days hes on now, maybe longer, till hes healed, its for him, the team, and the fans, to get right, rather than struggle like he is now
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Remember 2013? Vmart missed all of 2012 with an injury. 2013 he came back and hit cleanup and for the first half of the season he hit like .165. Jim Leyland flatly refused to bench him, flatly refused to drop him down. He came right out and told the media, 'I'm not sitting Vmart, I'm not dropping him down.' All the fans were pissed. Just before the Al Star Break, he started to warm up.

After the All Star game he came back and hit like .400 for the entire second half and finished the season hitting over .300.

Vmart has earned the benefit of the doubt, and he has earned the opportunity to stay in his spot until he works it out.
View Quote

THIS.

Brad was asked about things after the game.
One of his responses was "Because of the Human element".

Stats and equations don't win ball games. Humans do.
VMart in the line up, means opposing pitchers will have 100Pitches by the 6th  or 7th, because even if he's hobbled, he's a hell of a threat in the lineup that must be worked around.
It also means, the guys who wouldn't normally be getting fast balls in the strike zone, are getting them, rather than risk loading bases, and they are getting base hits out of it.

When dealing with real animals on the mound like Sale and Young, Victor jacks up their pitch count bad.
They wont throw him anything juicy by choice, and have the control not to 87% of the time...so Victor changes the game to "Protect the Wicket", until they either slip up and toss a meatball, or he gets walked. That sort of shit is stressful on Pitchers, and makes opposing teams work harder.

I'm with Brad on this one.
He's hobbled, but still generating offense.
The Docs say he is recovering, and will be fine for now.
Until that changes, he's a "Force Multiplier" in the lineup.

The big question right now is...

When Avila gets back, should he get benched for 2 out of three in series?
Jimmy Mac has a better shot to 2nd, and is a better defensive catcher all around, except for stops.
He's also much better offensively, and has been doing fine with the Veteran and younger pitchers alike.
He shows maturity, leadership, and grasp of the game, well beyond his years.

I'm good with moving Alex to the support role, giving Jimmy Mac a rest, and at the same time, giving Alex more time to heal completely.
Heck, I'm good with moving Alex to the Pen, and keeping him there to develop and work with the Pen while he heals up for the rest of the season.

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#13]
VMart was put on the 15 day DL today. Tyler Collins has been called up from Toledo.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 4:09:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I remember, and I agree 100%
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#15]
This is bullshit! These fucking cocksuckers do not have a RIGHT to do this.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 8:51:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

VMart on the DL now.NCIS Reruns on the TV Set now also.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 9:19:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Watching fox news now,
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 9:58:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This is bullshit! These fucking cocksuckers do not have a RIGHT to do this.
View Quote

Yep.

Just saw  it scroll by.
15 Day DL isn't too awful bad.

Vmart will be missed for those games, but nothing that wont be made up later, and with JV healing up, as well as JD picking back up, now is the time.
I hate it, but it's probably the best time to do this. The Bats are in a slump anyhow.

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:50:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I fucking hate baseball.

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:21:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Yeah, you'll be watching the game tomorrow with the rest of us, and you don't have a choice.

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:24:09 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Yeah, you'll be watching the game tomorrow with the rest of us, and you don't have a choice.
View Quote

Yes, I will.

But I am making a list, and this fall I am going to go to Louisanna, find a Voodoo priestess and pay her to put curses on a shit ton of people.

Chris Young, Lance Lynn, Carlos Gomez, Alphabet for the White Sux, Eric Hosmer, I'm gonna have a witch doctor put a hex on all of them.

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:36:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yes, I will.

But I am making a list, and this fall I am going to go to Louisanna, find a Voodoo priestess and pay her to put curses on a shit ton of people.

Chris Young, Lance Lynn, Carlos Gomez, Alphabet for the White Sux, Eric Hosmer, I'm gonna have a witch doctor put a hex on all of them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, I will.

What you need is a Hoodoo woman.
If you find one, see if she does group rates.

Plouf, Sale, Kipnis, Ventura, and A-Roid, are on my list, and I still figure that bastard Phil Coke rates jabbing neck pain at random intervals, with no medical explanation.

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#23]
After back to back losses, I am even more full of hatred than usual. I was ELATED that Gomez got hit. I was sorry to hear he hadn't been injured.

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a bad feeling that we're going to get massacred by Houston.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:43:37 PM EDT
[#25]
This is pathetic. 5 pitches and Miggy and Kinsler are out on weak swings.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:53:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Stand by, bases loaded, 2 out, bout fucking time
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:56:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Stand by, bases loaded, 2 out
View Quote
BOOM!

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:59:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
BOOM!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stand by, bases loaded, 2 out
BOOM!  

Bout time
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:29:38 PM EDT
[#29]
I was telling myself 'Nick's just going to strike out anyways' to keep from getting my hopes up.

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:50:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Nick has been rather pissy at the plate lately. Grumbling over called strikes, and generally in a grumpy state.

I have been wondering when he would get back to smacking singles regularly.
He picked a good spot.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:39:01 PM EDT
[#31]
well, astro`s are in town, best team in the AL, just like ST Louis was the best team in baseball, if we take the series or sweep the astors, all i can say is WTF, lets hope the bats wake up, heard something it was either on MLB or the Ticket, Miggys batting avarge during daylight games is something like .400 night games it drops to like .120????, for years all of us here have been bitching, pitching, pitching, pitching, from what i have seen in the short season, we have that covered, we have the line up, but their not doing anything.........................
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Nick's 2 run shot OVER the Houston Bullpen makes it 2 zip
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 2:59:35 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Nick's 2 run shot OVER the Houston Bullpen makes it 2 zip
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 3:01:09 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

well, astro`s are in town, best team in the AL, just like ST Louis was the best team in baseball, if we take the series or sweep the astors, all i can say is WTF, lets hope the bats wake up, heard something it was either on MLB or the Ticket, Miggys batting avarge during daylight games is something like .400 night games it drops to like .120????, for years all of us here have been bitching, pitching, pitching, pitching, from what i have seen in the short season, we have that covered, we have the line up, but their not doing anything.........................
View Quote

I think it's that it's still too cold for Miggy in te AL Central towns.

Let's see what happens in Oakland.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 3:55:52 PM EDT
[#35]
No excuse for leaving Price in that long.

I get it, he's like a damn Pit Bull when he gets on the mound, and takes total ownership of the whole game.
I like that about the guy, a LOT.

But he has to learn to admit when he's dropped off a notch. That is Brads job.
I get leaving him in and trusting him to a point, but sometimes, Brad goes a smidge too far.

Blowing a 5-0 lead and counting on the worst Pen in Baseball to hold a 5-4 lead, is one of those sometimes.

I have faith in Soria though.

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 4:05:13 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

From now on, you don't post until after the game.

Kidding

Kinda.

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 4:09:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 4:10:09 PM EDT
[#38]
The Players play, a Manager should manage

Captain Hook wouldn't be going for this crap
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 4:16:23 PM EDT
[#39]
OWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gose just knocked Fields off the mound. Damn that looks like it hurt!

Oh....and umm..yeah.

I wont do that again.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Soria blows the save, thats 1 out of 14, he can have that one, im good with it, nathen is not here
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 4:20:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Soria blows the save, thats 1 out of 14, he can have that one, im good with it, nathen is not here
View Quote

Nah, he kept the Astros to only 1 run IMO. Everyone else in the pen would have given up a dozen.;)

Nathan relegated to the Golf course, is going to win a LOT of games this year.

C'mon Miggy!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 4:51:23 PM EDT
[#42]
JIMMY MAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Have back to back games Friday and Saturday!
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:33:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is this where we all tell you how much we hate you, because you have Tickets?

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:58:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Speaking of Golf Courses,Alex who
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 6:09:35 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

I don't think he'll be a Tiger next year.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much! haha

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:33:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, he will be.

His value is not there as a starting Catcher, and he is a Dud for a trade.
Working with Jones on Pitchers, working in the Pen,  and mentoring Jimmy Mac is where he is actually worth his pay.

The Kid has all the tools, and is a natural leader. He lacks the savvy of working with and on Pitchers, and directing the defense though.
Alex as a back up and mentor is smart money.
McCann is scary good for a Rookie, and getting better behind the plate every game. If DD keeps the kid, he needs to keep Alex for another year.
Holiday as a Back up Catcher is a dead end.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:28:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Let us not forget what AA's father's job is also.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:27:50 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been saying for years to get rid of that guy!

My Dad is a super baseball fan. He'll never ever miss a game if there is a TV nearby. And I have argued with him for awhile that Avila needs to go.
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top