Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 19
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Tigers need another starting pitcher.

Right now, our rotation is David Price and a bunch of guys who suck. I THINK that Justin is going to get better...but how much better and how long is it going to take? Sanchez is getting better, but how much longer can he be healthy?

The Tigers need to grab someone up as a rental and make a run, if possible, at a wild card. We've seen this team tear ass in the second half. They do it every year. They need another pitcher though.
View Quote

Do you think they'll trade Price before the deadline and bring in a few young pitchers or go out and get another starting pitcher like Cueto?

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Do you think they'll trade Price before the deadline and bring in a few young pitchers or go out and get another starting pitcher like Cueto?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right now, our rotation is David Price and a bunch of guys who suck. I THINK that Justin is going to get better...but how much better and how long is it going to take? Sanchez is getting better, but how much longer can he be healthy?

The Tigers need to grab someone up as a rental and make a run, if possible, at a wild card. We've seen this team tear ass in the second half. They do it every year. They need another pitcher though.

As long as they have a shot at the playoffs, they won't trade Price.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree. They are not out of the division race or wild card race. I think they'll go after a starter.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 6:01:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I agree. They are not out of the division race or wild card race. I think they'll go after a starter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope they go get another starter.  I'd like to see them win a world series here soon.   2006 and 2012 were a let down, big time.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:07:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Soria,a lifetime advantage against Cruz,walks him and the next batter.

And the bullpens lets another slip away

I won't edit this prediction, but instead hope that I'm proven rong.
ball 1
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:50:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

ball 1
View Quote

You were proven wrong.

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 12:16:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed.

Price and Sanchie IS the pitching for this team.
If they go out early, they are done, and the other clowns in the rotation get run off by the 4th including JV.

JV will take time. Nobody expected him back within 2-3 games. 5-6 would be nice, but he's a bag of smashed buttholes so far, and not progressing at all.
If anything, he will come around after 10-15, IF he can keep from screwing himself up from forcing things like is wont to do.
He keeps trying to lean on the heater too much, and he's not 26 anymore....getting old sucks.

A couple solid but not exceptional pitchers, would be a HUGE difference come late August, and lead to late fall ball. This business of bringing up kids that are still shitting Gerber products, and handing them the keys, isn't working.
The usual tear ass in the second half, wont happen this year, unless DD gets on some different Meds. and gets out the check book.

Who?
Lord I dunno. The market is getting ugly and slim at this point.

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 12:22:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

ball 1
View Quote

I was all when he walked Cruz, and then about to lose it, when he threw that big, loopy, dripping, curve.
He had some sort of brain fart going on, and it was obvious. Something wasn't working. He rates to have an off day, but I just wish he picked better ones.

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 12:43:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Agreed.

If they go out early, they are done, and the other clowns in the rotation get run off by the 4th including JV.

JV will take time. Nobody expected him back within 2-3 games. 5-6 would be nice, but he's a bag of smashed buttholes so far, and not progressing at all.

If anything, he will come around after 10-15, IF he can keep from screwing himself up from forcing things like is wont to do.

He keeps trying to lean on the heater too much, and he's not 26 anymore....getting old sucks.

A couple solid but not exceptional pitchers, would be a HUGE difference come late August, and lead to late fall ball. This business of bringing up kids that are still shitting Gerber products, and handing them the keys, isn't working.

The usual tear ass in the second half, wont happen this year, unless DD gets on some different Meds. and gets out the check book.

Who?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.

Who?

I disagree with that.

JV improved in his start against NY and he was looking good against Toronto until the 5th. I think another start or two and he will be solid.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 1:36:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I disagree with that.

JV improved in his start against NY and he was looking good against Toronto until the 5th. I think another start or two and he will be solid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

Who?

I disagree with that.

You're not seeing what I'm seeing then.

The bright side is even when he's getting sloppy, he's still ahead of 7/8 of the rest, IF he doesn't push too hard.
When his control is there, his slider splashes on the back corner of the plate consistently, and he isn't afraid to show it 2-3 times to the same batter, because there isn't a damn thing they can do about it.
He's not there yet. It will come.

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 11:52:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Big win tonight!

A series win in Minnesota would not only put the Tigers in the second Wild Card, but it would also put them in second place in the AL Central.

I still think a second half run is possible...but they need to either get a starter or have JV or Simon step up.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:49:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Big win tonight!

A series win in Minnesota would not only put the Tigers in the second Wild Card, but it would also put them in second place in the AL Central.

I still think a second half run is possible...but they need to either get a starter or have JV or Simon step up.
View Quote

I expected this to be a defining year in JV's career as far as making the adjustments necessary be successful without the stuff from his younger days.  I hope the injury didn't set him back too far.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 9:10:57 AM EDT
[#13]
I like to watch Price pitch, he was not on his A game last night, but did manage to limit the hits and make it to the 8th, evidently he has plan B and C when he takes the mound
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 11:34:56 PM EDT
[#14]
They're going to walk us off.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 11:35:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Yup, fucking bullpen
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 11:36:03 PM EDT
[#16]
JV was clicking tonight!! He had flashes of his old self.

Of course the Pen is trying to crap all over his efforts, blowing a 6-1 lead, and Soria is melting down.
No wait. Dozier just cranked one to take the walk off win.

Way to go Pen. Way to go.

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 11:36:22 PM EDT
[#17]
How do you give up 7 runs in the bottom of the 9th?

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 11:42:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Easy. Just have DD set up your Bullpen with losers, bums, no talent has beens, and kids that need a permission slip for road trips.

Soria was definitely off tonight. He hung that curve like a painting. No excuse for hitting a batter or loading the bases.
Brad waited too long, but then again, what are his options? The tool box is empty, and Soria on a bad night, is still a better option than anyone else in the Pen.

All these Pen losses, belong to DD.

Link Posted: 7/11/2015 12:36:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Easy. Just have DD set up your Bullpen with losers, bums, no talent has beens, and kids that need a permission slip for road trips.

Soria was definitely off tonight. He hung that curve like a painting. No excuse for hitting a batter or loading the bases.

Brad waited too long, but then again, what are his options? The tool box is empty, and Soria on a bad night, is still a better option than anyone else in the Pen.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't argue with you.

But still, you have a five run lead. I didn't expect them to lose.

And I'll tell you something else; Alex is not as good as McCann as a catcher. He can't throw out runners and he doesn't call as good of a game. He blocks the ball better, but McCann nails runners trying to steal. I would go with McCann and put Alex at first until Miggy come back.

Link Posted: 7/11/2015 2:45:48 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm fucking pissed off. I went to bed at the 8th inning thinking the lead was safe.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 3:48:15 AM EDT
[#21]
That was a terrible loss, but at least JV looked great.

Quoted:
And I'll tell you something else; Alex is not as good as McCann as a catcher. He can't throw out runners and he doesn't call as good of a game. He blocks the ball better, but McCann nails runners trying to steal. I would go with McCann and put Alex at first until Miggy come back.

View Quote

I agree.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 3:48:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I can't argue with you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't argue with you.

McCann IS the better Catcher, period.

The Kid can actually use a Bat as well. Alex has never hit worth a crap.

Blocking is partly predictive. Knowing the Pitcher well goes a long way. JV's slider might as well be patented by John Deere. Alex knows the break, the Kid hasn't learned it.
Given time, the kid is faster, and would be as good or better on the stops.

It's funny. I thought Alex did a hell of a job at first, and seemed quite comfy there.

After this abortion of a 9th Inning, fans will be calling for DD's head on a pike again.
Mikey is shelling out a crapload of money, for lousy results. Let's see if he opens the wallet.

Link Posted: 7/11/2015 7:20:08 AM EDT
[#23]
3 attempts to steal since alex has been back, all were successful, his batting still sucks, McCanon really should be in there, i suspect they will trade him and yo off for some more useless bullpen fucks,  DD can do this, do that, fact still remains, bullpen sucks, this year, last year and so on, we have and have had a world series  winning team, but without a bull pen, that aint happening, i turned it off last night when i seen how rondone was throwing, didnt want that nightmare, but i had to find out, 8 to 6, tossed and turned all night, fucking DD and his worthless bullpen, no end it sight
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 7:39:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm fucking pissed off. I went to bed at the 8th inning thinking the lead was safe.
View Quote

I fell asleep in the 8th on the heating pad . At least I watched a good(part) game

I also saw AA trying to make contact and missing,not throwing worth a crap.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 11:20:09 AM EDT
[#25]
8 to 6 kept flashing in my mind all night
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#26]
The Tigers just signed Neftali Feliz.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The Tigers just signed Neftali Feliz.
View Quote

4.58 ERA this season...he'll fit right in
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#28]
I think VMart would be a good guy to have on your side during a rumble with that temper
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 1:45:48 PM EDT
[#29]
May the Tiggers have the luck of the Irish today

Mr Green is back up from Toledo ready to take the mound.

Looks like another day of Twin Batting Practice
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 2:19:09 PM EDT
[#30]
We've got some work to do,with the All Starts just around the corner.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 3:42:02 PM EDT
[#31]
I have no words
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 5:00:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Out # 25 and #26 knocked the glove the Pitcher and bounced one off Mooower but were still out at 1st
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 12:56:01 AM EDT
[#33]
LOTS of rumors flying concerning DD being on his last year, and the bang for the buck invested by the Ilitch family.

This CONSTANT problem with a shitty Pen, started last year, and after NaNa got the axe, DD did nothing to patch the leaky boat this year.

Some interesting changes are coming.

I'm figuring a Rent-a-starter and a third rate hack for the Pen will happen, but for the most part, DD is looking out for DD, and knows the writing is on the wall.
We get solid talent from other teams, and they go to shit here, get traded, and they flourish again. It's systemic, and Toxic. It's not a player issue, the talent is all there.
Utilization has always been, and continues to be the problem.

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 5:59:36 AM EDT
[#34]
We're screwed with giant contracts like with JV and such.  It was a dumb fuck move to sign him so early after that MVP year. They could have waited a year or two to resign him. But nope,  they did it right after that.

Did you know JVs massive new contract starts THIS year? Its not like they had to sign him that year.

So we gave a dude a giant contract for shit he did in the past.and now,  good fucking luck getting anything for him while still paying a huge amount of money.

We have to hope a miracle happens and he becomes JV of old. But this sint the steroid era anymore. His body WILL continue to decline, not get better.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:54:16 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

We're screwed with giant contracts like with JV and such.  It was a dumb fuck move to sign him so early after that MVP year. They could have waited a year or two to resign him. But nope,  they did it right after that.

Did you know JVs massive new contract starts THIS year? Its not like they had to sign him that year.

So we gave a dude a giant contract for shit he did in the past.and now,  good fucking luck getting anything for him while still paying a huge amount of money.

We have to hope a miracle happens and he becomes JV of old. But this sint the steroid era anymore. His body WILL continue to decline, not get better.

View Quote

Jesus Christ, did you not see the guy's last start?

7 2/3rd's, 1 run, 4 hits, 6 strikeouts.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 11:50:14 AM EDT
[#36]
I`d bet that fool DD s going to trade price
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:17:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

One good start out of how many? Since when does a long, on going trend get undone after one game?

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 10:51:40 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

One good start out of how many? Since when does a long, on going trend get undone after one game?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, he missed half of Spring Training and most of the first half of the season, and he has improved markedly in every start since coming off the DL.

JV isn't the problem. Simon, Greene and the bullpen are the problem.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:42:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He struggled a bit here and there, and each time, he corrected.
He's still not even 90%, but the flashes of brilliance were there.
He will recover, and probably recover stronger than he was before...

Just a theory.
He was having issues before the injury, and pushing things rather than relying on finesse.
He's getting older. Some guys just push until they break, and are done, others push, break, and learn.
This injury is forcing him to work on things he didn't want to, and I'm guessing he will change his approach mentally, and reserve the horsepower for when it's needed, instead of leaning on it constantly. IOW longevity now has a better chance.
I hope so. JV is a sick animal when he's clicking, and we saw a little of that the other night.

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 8:33:38 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Just a theory.

He was having issues before the injury, and pushing things rather than relying on finesse.

He's getting older. Some guys just push until they break, and are done, others push, break, and learn.

This injury is forcing him to work on things he didn't want to, and I'm guessing he will change his approach mentally, and reserve the horsepower for when it's needed, instead of leaning on it constantly. IOW longevity now has a better chance.

I hope so. JV is a sick animal when he's clicking, and we saw a little of that the other night.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just a theory.

I hope he gets his shit together. But lets not get carried about about ONE start. The dude has been okay at best, for the last couple years.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:20:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I hope he gets his shit together. But lets not get carried about about ONE start. The dude has been okay at best, for the last couple years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a theory.

Yep! Agreed.
His heater got fuzzy the last couple of years, and it lost it's effectiveness.
The fastball monsters lose action and control as they get older, because they are pushing it harder to maintain the velocity.

He's headed that way. Not there yet.

Link Posted: 7/18/2015 10:23:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Nolan Ryan
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Yep! Agreed.

His heater got fuzzy the last couple of years, and it lost it's effectiveness.

The fastball monsters lose action and control as they get older, because they are pushing it harder to maintain the velocity.

He's headed that way. Not there yet.

View Quote

I hear that same shit every year for the past 2 or 3 years about how JV has to learn he can't throw the ball through a brick wall anymore. And has to learn how to beat batters by throwing deceptive curve balls, breaking balls, and all that stuff. Yet, all those years, he was still too hard headed to do that shit.

I HOPE he has finally grown up and accepted that he isn't "young" anymore and is going to tried and truth pitching tricks. But I'm skeptical until we have more evidence.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 10:12:28 PM EDT
[#44]
We'll see tomorrow. Price was good,Tillman was better. Ian with the only Tiger hit on the first pitch of the bottom of the 1st .
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 8:20:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Which JV will show up today, and whose bats?
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 5:39:42 PM EDT
[#46]
My 3rd unanswered post

JV said it was his fault and he's sorry.

Then why doesn't he donate today's salary to the Soup Kitchen to prove it.

He could feed lots of poor folk.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#47]
LOL.

Link Posted: 7/20/2015 12:03:31 PM EDT
[#48]
tigers are done for the year, there will be no wild card, unless the pitching staff, David Price excluded, wake the fuck up, I dont see this happening, maybe DD will pull a pitcher or 2 out of his ass for the end of the season
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
tigers are done for the year, there will be no wild card, unless the pitching staff, David Price excluded, wake the fuck up, I dont see this happening, maybe DD will pull a pitcher or 2 out of his ass for the end of the season
View Quote

That would stink
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 9:51:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Let me get this straight. The Seattle pitcher is tough on right handed batters. They only bat 194 against him

So, AssMuch pinch hits for McCannon with AA, who was batting around 197 before the K

Do I have this correct
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top