BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 6:12:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would honestly offer this advice:

Keep the shirts more simple in design. More people will want a simpler design, and the easier it is to print, the cheaper it will be for the group.
View Quote

Good point....I knew there was a reason you're at the pointy end of the GAHTF stick......
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 9:36:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Just had a spare moment to give this a try. Let me know how bad it sucks.

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I like it...but shouldn't it have the date and such somewhere....Not throwing stones, just a few pebbles....
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Indeed it should.  That's all I got done before I got called to work.

I'm open to suggestions.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 11:10:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I like it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:03:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Do it in a sand colored shirt in black. It'll look good. Single color is good. The more colors the more the cost.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 1:37:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Aren't the shirts from ARFCOM four color prints? On the cheapest end its probably pick a shirt color pick one ink color then its probably pick a shirt color and your 4 ink colors. Anybody have the details from last year or what they currently have as options? Couple of months ago they had some nice 4 color T's up on their store site, now all I see is a shirt with a BFL.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 9:37:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 4:31:37 PM EDT
[#9]
How long before you will be taking orders?
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 5:51:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 4:54:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 7:21:27 AM EDT
[#12]
How many designs do we have going now?  Get in here folks; design stuff.  I'd do it but I'm working all the time and my computer skills are worse than my 7 year old's.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 5:25:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I like the one with the outline of the state on it
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 8:01:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry, but I've been busy at work.

Link Posted: 7/15/2015 11:39:25 PM EDT
[#15]

This right here. I'll take 2 L and 1 XL.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 11:53:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 11:55:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:05:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Time to vote folks.

I don't see any need of a poll
View Quote

You are joking, correct? We need some more entries as we really only have two.

Additionally, I can buy a $5 T-shirt if all I want are the Stars and Bars on the back of a T-shirt! Due to not "blocking" any stars with what the event actually is all about IE GA HTF Fall Shoot, one can barely tell/see what the reason is other then wearing the Stars and Bars. Personally, I think its a good start but I'm not buying any shirts (bought 4 last year, thinking 6 this year) if its left exactly like that. Its my opinion that the Font needs changed because the "H" is not readily recognizable to the three people I asked about the design. Maybe military type or block letters so the bar in the A, H, T, and Fs show up better? Also is it going to say "Fall Shoot" either under or over the Stars and Bars? Not at all?

I think the Stars and Bars will get peoples attention, personally I would like them to be able to read what was printed as well without A) having to be right on top of it B) guessing what it might say because it looks like GA IITF

Any other radically different designs being submitted? Any additional discussion or changes/improvements to already previewed designs?

Slashslat - any shirt designs? Your Avatars are great designs.

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 8:08:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the feedback, that's what I'm looking for.

I can change it up and add a different font.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:36:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Additionally, I can buy a $5 T-shirt if all I want are the Stars and Bars on the back of a T-shirt! Due to not "blocking" any stars with what the event actually is all about IE GA HTF Fall Shoot, one can barely tell/see what the reason is other then wearing the Stars and Bars. Personally, I think its a good start but I'm not buying any shirts (bought 4 last year, thinking 6 this year) if its left exactly like that. Its my opinion that the Font needs changed because the "H" is not readily recognizable to the three people I asked about the design. Maybe military type or block letters so the bar in the A, H, T, and Fs show up better? Also is it going to say "Fall Shoot" either under or over the Stars and Bars? Not at all?

I think the Stars and Bars will get peoples attention, personally I would like them to be able to read what was printed as well without A) having to be right on top of it B) guessing what it might say because it looks like GA IITF

Any other radically different designs being submitted? Any additional discussion or changes/improvements to already previewed designs?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Time to vote folks.

I think you need to reconsider this part - as in where was it stated this shirt is FOR the fall shoot?
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:35:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I think you need to reconsider this part - as in where was it stated this shirt is FOR the fall shoot?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Time to vote folks.

That's what it was being designed for, like last years shirt was for last years shoot. At least I was under that assumption as well.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 2:15:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Time to vote folks.

Did you read the first post? Did you notice when the Tread was started? The ideas in the tread? All the discussion about the shirt from last fall's GA HTF FALL Shoot?!

The fact that the very first design submitted had GA HTF 2015 FALL Shoot on it. Most of the discussion prior to the first submission was about what this Fall Shoot event was going to be called so that could go on the GA HTF Fall Shoot Shirt?

This is NOT a tread about a generic GA HTF that people can buy year round, because if that was true, there would be no need for a deadline to have the shirts ready in time to order and receive before the Fall Shoot.

Now designing a GA HTF general shirt that has no date on it and is available year round isn't a bad idea, this just isn't that tread. Basing a year round generic shirt based off the 2015 GA HTF Fall Shoot without the date or the Fall Shoot event might not be a bad idea.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Well then, maybe I misunderstood but I'm not so sure.  

MIFFs post said "before" and nothing about "for" the fall shoot.  

Regardless, there's better things to do than argue about it.

Quoted:
I'm going to do it the same as last year which was:

Any member can submit a design, and everyone will have 2 full weeks to do so. I'm thinking about using the front design we used last year.

After 2 weeks I'll add a poll for everyone to vote for the final design, the winner gets his or her shirt free of charge.

We will order them through the ar15.com store like last year too. I'm going to try and get this done before the big fall shoot.

Good luck!
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 3:03:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Did you read the first post? Did you notice when the Tread was started? The ideas in the tread? All the discussion about the shirt from last fall's GA HTF FALL Shoot?!

The fact that the very first design submitted had GA HTF 2015 FALL Shoot on it. Most of the discussion prior to the first submission was about what this Fall Shoot event was going to be called so that could go on the GA HTF Fall Shoot Shirt?

This is NOT a tread about a generic GA HTF that people can buy year round, because if that was true, there would be no need for a deadline to have the shirts ready in time to order and receive before the Fall Shoot.

Now designing a GA HTF general shirt that has no date on it and is available year round isn't a bad idea, this just isn't that tread. Basing a year round generic shirt based off the 2015 GA HTF Fall Shoot without the date or the Fall Shoot event might not be a bad idea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Time to vote folks.

Read it and posted it above this post.  Was last year's shirt created FOR the fall shoot?  If so, why doesn't it say anything ABOUT the fall shoot?  Seemed like a general HTF shirt to me since there wasn't a date or reference to a fall shoot on it.  Like I said, there's better stuff to do than argue about this aspect of it but you might want to re-read the first page - I don't see a mention to the fall shoot prior to the first design submission.

Thanks to all who have posted ideas thus far.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 3:12:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Sorry for any trouble I've created.  I think I'll withdrawal from the submissions.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Sorry for any trouble I've created.  I think I'll withdrawal from the submissions.
View Quote

I don't think you created any trouble - this very well could be my misunderstanding.  And I certainly don't think you should withdraw.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 4:06:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I don't think you created any trouble - this very well could be my misunderstanding.  And I certainly don't think you should withdraw.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All it was is last years shirt was designed for the shoot, the pic I believe you are seeing is the front design and is generic(Ga outline with GaHTF on it and BFL). The back has the details. The reason he's saying he wants them before the event is because we had planned to have them prior last year but the chosen design was withdrawn last minute and we had to start from scratch. We planned on picking up the shirts AT the event they were designed for, but ended up getting them a few weeks later instead.

Strycnine, no worries man everybody's cool no toes have crossed the line. It's still regulation play and your design needs to stay put if you don't mind.

ETA: I just looked at my shirt, and cracker is correct about the shirt not having specifics. I really thought it did..? Hmm, guess I just assumed. Or maybe it was the withdrawn design that actually had HTF fall shoot, and half fawn ranch on it. My apologies cracker.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 4:14:44 PM EDT
[#29]
All the shirt designs last year were for the Fall Shoot. Many of the designs for last years shoot had Fall Shoot on them IIRC, the final design that was voted in and was printed did not.

Strycnine, please keep submitting designs. The more designs the more ideas that get thought of and helps create a really nice shirt. Last years shirt was the result of ideas from multiple designs.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#30]
I'll stay in

Anymore ideas?
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Why are we arguing folks?

Let me straighten a few of you out here, first off, the shirts ARE NOT strictly for the fall shoot.

My only goal was to get it done this early was because the wheels turn slow and I wanted to get the shipped by the fall shoot. I intend to do this every year the same way. You guys design it, pick the best one and I submit it.

If a generic design that can be added to the arf store, we can do that too.

And ask strycnine if I made good on my promise last year of winner gets his or her shirt for free.
View Quote

I didn't think I had lost my mind - thanks for clarification.

Strycnine - glad you're back in.  We've got some good designs to choose from again this year.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 5:49:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Let me straighten a few of you out here, first off, the shirts ARE NOT strictly for the fall shoot.

My only goal was to get it done this early was because the wheels turn slow and I wanted to get the shipped by the fall shoot. I intend to do this every year the same way. You guys design it, pick the best one and I submit it.

And ask strycnine if I made good on my promise last year of winner gets his or her shirt for free.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sorry if it seemed that way MFF but I wasn't arguing to be arguing, I was simply trying to answer crackers question as best I could. Guess it came across that way and if so I apologize. But in all honesty, we need an event design IMO; then a generic shirt if need be. That WAS the plan to begin with.

From the fall shoot thread:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey SC, I know you are busy but did you see my post about shirts? Do we have somebody or a shirt committee working on Fall Shoot Shirts?

No committee as of yet but I'm open to ideas. I'm for sure gonna do a shirt design at some point for the HTF shoot and we will figure out how to get it printed up, whether its through the ARFCOM print shop or not. Some of the guys have expressed wanting to have a rebel flag and the half fawn logo on it, so I'm going to try and work that in.  We may end up doing Ga HTF shirts as well as HTF shoot attendee shirts.  I'm leaning towards doing both just because somebody is going to whine about whatever design I come up with if it has the half fawn on it. if we have an option that'll satisfy everyone. . . maybe.

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 7:19:45 PM EDT
[#34]
FWIW, when I get a minute I'll tone down my original submission to cut down on the number of colors and the 'busy-ness' and make 'Molon Labe' more visible....At the moment, I'm trying to get Meme's toy ready for the range this weekend so it may not be until Saturday evening when I can get it posted....

...If reference to the Fall Shoot or the year needs to be removed, let me know and I can do it at the same time.....

ETA: Oh, and strycnine thanks for keeping your design in the mix.....It's a good design and would look good on the back of a shirt....ESPECIALLY with today's social climate....
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 9:22:45 PM EDT
[#36]
OK...The original design, toned down, less busy and more readable.....

Link Posted: 7/18/2015 8:36:56 PM EDT
[#37]
I like the busy version.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#38]
I like them both.

Still think it should be a peep marking the location though.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I like the busy version.
View Quote

+1  It's got my vote too.

I wouldn't be adverse to a peep either.
But, FWIW, that is more of a Cola Warrior thing, and not so much GAHTF. However I suspect 90%+ of the folks at Cola Warrior SE will be ARFcommers, so it does fit in!
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:33:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Tuck your panties back in folks, it's just a shirt design.  I've been getting my ass kicked at work and haven't had time to do a design for RO/Staff shirts yet, but I will sometime in the next week/weekend and post them here.  They'll probably be through somewhere like CafePress or one of the other internet shirt printer websites.

Link Posted: 7/24/2015 10:50:14 PM EDT
[#41]
I want one if it is a general htf shirt. since my anniversary is the same weekend of shoot....
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:15:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Isn't anybody else going to submit a design?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:38:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Isn't anybody else going to submit a design?
View Quote

I'm not talented in the shirt design area.  I know what I like and what I don't like, but to create one is not my forte.

So far, I like the designs by Draconis, even if those are geared towards the fall HTF shoot.  I prefer shirts made for an event as they help me remember the event for as long as the shirt lasts.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 12:34:39 PM EDT
[#44]
We basically have 6 weeks until the shoot give or take a week for folks to order and receive their shirt.

Are we closing submissions? Are we voting? Are going to get a design in in time to have then made, ordered, and delivered prior to the Fall Shoot?
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 1:12:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 1:25:56 PM EDT
[#46]
I thought Arfcom wouldn't print the shoot shirts bc of liability, just the generic? If we're just doing the one we should get it in ASAP, if we're doing both I see no rush on HTF shirts but we should definitely get on the ball for shoot shirts if we want them before the event.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 2:53:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 8:30:22 AM EDT
[#48]
OK, FWIW if either of the designs I've got up ('busy' or 'tame') needs to be tweeked (IF either is chosen, don't know if the majority likes either one of 'em) let me know....
...If they would make good HTF only shirts, I can drop the Fall Shoot....If they would make good Fall Shoot shirts, I can drop the ARFCOM....I have them saved on the home 'puter so I can tweek them as needed....

...As thug #1 said to Dirty Harry...."Hey...I gots to know...."

...As of now, I don't know if ANY design has been picked by the majority.....Would it be worthwhile to throw up two polls asking a) Fall Shoot Shirt design and b)GA HTF Shirt design?  I'm not picky on WHAT the shirts have on them, just so's me and missus can get our hands on a few of them.....
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Im slightly more partial to this one as a general HTF shirt. I am not attending the fall shoot, so I feel as though I can't rightfully express an opinion on that shirt.

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 8:31:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Drop the bird and fall shoot logo. and use the target show our normal ranges we have our shoots at!! and we all donate a extra couple bucks and give range owners a shirt.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top