Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2024 7:57:10 PM EDT
Against my better judgement, I purchased a Combat Standard for a full size carry option. They look kewl and have super easy optics mounting. Plus I love the ergonomics.

Fired my oz9 combat standard for the first time yesterday. The very first round would not go into battery when releasing the slide on a loaded mag. It would not feed every few rounds. Round stuck between feed ramp and extractor. And dead trigger/light primer strikes 5 out of 150 rounds. Tried 2 types of ammo and Glock and Magpul mags. Same results across the board.

It shoots flat and the trigger is fantastic. Otherwise, not pumped about it.

I just got off the phone with Zev’s CS. They offered to send me parts to replace that they think are causing the issue or I could send in for warranty work which would be 30-60 days. For what it’s worth, it’s been a great CS experience so far.

I chose new parts to start with. They are sending me a new extractor and extractor rod and spring. They said the extractor I had was 3d printed. It looks terrible and has some really ROUGH edges. It might also be out of spec as a result of the poor build quality.  They also think the extractor rod might be binding as well.

Once I receive the parts and test fire, I will update.

I’m just posting this to possibly assist future/current owners with their Zev issues with my experience through troubleshooting and ultimate resolution.

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Received the replacement extractor plunger spring and and extractor. This did not fix the FTF issue. I’m now at 34 days and outside the 30 day no questions return period. Conveniently for Zev, it took them 9 days to pull and ship those two tiny parts.  

I’m guessing they will take it back to the shop, polish the feed ramp and just say it’s fixed.

Stay tuned. Or don’t. This is the same story that’s been told 1,000 times before about the OZ9.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 6:59:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tt350z] [#2]
I had great luck with the Zaffiri Precision billet extractor. My OZ9 would fail to extract at least once per mag. I tried the Apex extractor and had no luck either. The ZP worked and I had no issues since. I ended up selling it to a coworker that really liked it and he has had zero malfunctions with it. Mine had zero feed problems, just extraction.

I had the Timney in mine and had no light strikes. My Zev striker did break during dry fire, so hopefully yours isnt broke. I switched to a billet striker after that.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:45:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for that info. I’ve inspected the striker and it looks good. I’m guessing that had something to do with the fail to feed issue.

I’m waiting on some Glock parts to come in Thursday and I’ll switch everything out (plunger, spring and extractor) and test.

Zev to their credit has been pretty good to deal with. They sent a return shipping label and I’ll send it off on Friday if the Glock parts don’t jive with the gun.

Then I’ll be just another guy waiting for Zev to fix their brand new gun. 🥴
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Turns out Zev is providing Glock extractors for replacing their 3D printed ones. Just compared the one they sent with the OEM and they’re exactly the same.

Just replaced all extractor parts with Glock OEM and it made no difference.

I guess it’s a tolerance issue with the slide or barrel.

Sending back to Zev today. Start the clock.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:39:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Pistol received from Zev on Tuesday. Haven’t gotten hands on it yet due to being out of town.

Will update with notes and results.

My CS experience with them has been top notch despite my bitching and moaning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top