Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2023 7:32:07 PM EDT
My local Dunhams has em on sale till the end of November

Link Posted: 11/10/2023 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent gun, but the barrels are a crapshoot.  I'm on my second thru warranty and it has the same issue.     (Excessive leading)

Take a look at this aftermarket replacement.Barrel
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 8:04:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked up a compact with no manual safety from PSA earlier this year when they were blowing them out for 269$. I also own a competition model. So far both have been great for me without the leading issues.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 8:22:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m looking. Thanks for posting, OP.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 8:38:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By John-in-austin:
Excellent gun, but the barrels are a crapshoot.  I'm on my second thru warranty and it has the same issue.     (Excessive leading)

Take a look at this aftermarket replacement.Barrel
View Quote

I have both the Tx22 and the comp model and I don't have leading issues.  All the ammo is either federal's copper wash ammo or cci mini mags.  Might be worth getting that barrel, so I can run one suppressed
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 8:44:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By shindawia6:

I have both the Tx22 and the comp model and I don't have leading issues.  All the ammo is either federal's copper wash ammo or cci mini mags.  Might be worth getting that barrel, so I can run one suppressed
View Quote

@shindawia6

Your OEM barrel through thread off in the end and you can thread on the adapter to run it suppressed, unless you bought it used and whoever sold it to you didn’t include it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Nate19:

@shindawia6

Your OEM barrel through thread off in the end and you can thread on the adapter to run it suppressed, unless you bought it used and whoever sold it to you didn’t include it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Nate19:

@shindawia6

The basic TX22 doesn't come threaded.  The comp model come threaded and that's my kid's gun and I'm not "aloud" to touch it
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 9:22:11 AM EDT
[#7]

The basic TX22 doesn't come threaded.
View Quote

Mine did. But it's possible they made an unthreaded version for the anti American states.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 9:40:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By bmwmc:

Mine did. But it's possible they made an unthreaded version for the anti American states.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bmwmc:

The basic TX22 doesn't come threaded.

Possibly. My “basic” TX22 is threaded also.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 10:05:13 AM EDT
[#9]
All the flavors of TX22 come with a threaded adapter. Even the ones sold with 10-round mags.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Paid $250 for my daughter's TX22 last Christmas. After shooting my S&W Victory and Ruger MKIV and a S&W M&P22 range rental, she liked the TX22 the best, so it was settled. We BOTH love that little blaster and I'm considering a second. Been shooting primarily Federal Auto Match at the range, but it has also been reliable with CCI Mini Mag, Velocitor, Stinger, Federal blue box bulk pack, and even Remington Golden Bullet which was hit or miss in my Victory and MKIV.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 2:55:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HAGDADDY] [#11]
Mine is a "basic" TX22.  It came with the threaded barrel.  It's been super reliable over thousands of rounds with multiple ammo types.  Any malfunctions Ive had were ammo related and there havent been very many.  No problems with barrel leading either.  I just wish it had an optics ready slide.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#12]

The basic TX22 doesn't come threaded.  The comp model come threaded and that's my kid's gun and I'm not "aloud" to touch it
View Quote

Yes it does. Look at your instruction manual.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 5:30:52 PM EDT
[#13]
my original barrel leaded and bought a new, will see if this one does it to. the lead is at the muzzle end and i am shooting lead.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#14]
TX 22's come in a dizzying array of options.

Threaded non threaded, 16 or 10 round mags, safety or no safety.

I got a threaded 16 round no safety model which I somehow lost.

Then bought a used Threaded 10 round safety model because it was a good deal.

Still had 2 of my 16 round mags from the original pistol.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I realize this is an old thread, but I'm seriously considering a TX-22 Compact. I had a bad experience once with the TX-22 Competition due to the infamous crappy barrel situation, so I ended up taking it back. However, I'm seeing nothing but good reports on the Compact, with no complaints about "frosty" barrels and excess leading. So, perhaps Taurus has changed their manufacturing process as regards barrels. I'm curious as to what the general consensus is on the Compact, lest I make another mistake. Any input would be appreciated.

TIA...RUT
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:56:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mav3rick] [#16]
Originally Posted By RUT:
I realize this is an old thread, but I'm seriously considering a TX-22 Compact. I had a bad experience once with the TX-22 Competition due to the infamous crappy barrel situation, so I ended up taking it back. However, I'm seeing nothing but good reports on the Compact, with no complaints about "frosty" barrels and excess leading. So, perhaps Taurus has changed their manufacturing process as regards barrels. I'm curious as to what the general consensus is on the Compact, lest I make another mistake. Any input would be appreciated.

TIA...RUT
View Quote

Both of mine (compact and competitive) have been solid shooters. No barrel leading.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 3:16:21 PM EDT
[#17]

TIA...RUT
View Quote

My Sig 322, full size TX and comp model have zero leading issues. All my 22 ammo is federal’s bulk plated ammo. I don’t have any lead ammo. Even running a suppressor, the barrels are clean

I haven’t seen any compact models to see if I like em.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:02:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, I brought a new Compact home yesterday but haven't shot it yet. All I can do is hope for the best!
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 8:24:06 AM EDT
[#19]
I put 200 rounds of CCI Mini Mags through it without a hitch. Actually, there were three stovepipes caused by a limp wristed friend of mine who is no stranger to guns. It performed admirably for me however, and that's what counts!
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 7:55:29 AM EDT
[#20]
I put 200 rounds of CCI Mini Mags through it without a hitch. Actually, there were three stovepipes caused by a limp wristed friend of mine who is no stranger to guns. It performed admirably for me however, and that's what counts!
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top