Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2023 12:51:57 PM EDT
Does anyone else have experience specifically shooting the “Shooting Dynamics” Fiocchi pistol ammo?  I
have a bunch of Fiocchi 9mm Luger and 9mm MAK but it’s not the Shooting Dynamics line but rather older.  It shoots great.

I want to make sure this stuff is hot as .380 pistols like hot ammo!  I’m looking specifically at the .380ACP Fiocchi.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 9:04:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't had any issues with the 147 grain 9mm ammo. It's clean ammo, doesn't leave a mess of unburnt powder. Good to go from my experience.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 9:41:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve shot it for years in 9 and 380.
Always good performance.

Seems hotter than Winchester or Remington low cost ammo but I haven’t seen any chronograph numbers.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 8:30:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, guys!

The .380ACP is listed at 960 fps here which is about average for FMJ:

http://www.ballistics101.com/380_acp.php
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 9:20:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I've never had an issue with it, but last time I was at the range my buddy couldn't get it to run through his Glock 19. Failures to extract or failures to feed every other round at best.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 2:07:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I run the .380 Extrema in my G42. Good stuff. I have also run their 9mm fmj in a pistol class. No issues. I have no problem buying any of their ammo.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does anyone else have experience specifically shooting the “Shooting Dynamics” Fiocchi pistol ammo?  I
have a bunch of Fiocchi 9mm Luger and 9mm MAK but it’s not the Shooting Dynamics line but rather older.  It shoots great.

I want to make sure this stuff is hot as .380 pistols like hot ammo!  I’m looking specifically at the .380ACP Fiocchi.
View Quote

Underpowered in my experience.  Chronied some 357 magnum 125gr jhp listed at 1,450fps on the box and got more than 200fps slower than that from a 4" barrel.  Tested some new bought Remington 357 mag 125gr right after that which clocked in at 1,500fps from the same barrel.

Would avoid.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 1:13:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Lots of different "Fiocchi" ammo. Some made in Italy, some in the USA...

Generally I think it is good ammo, especially the "Made in Italy" variety. To me it is similar to Norma in that the "Made in Germany" is very good but the USA, Hungary, etc. made stuff can be hit or miss.

At my local range, I look through the dud barrel to see what folks are having problems with...(granted many issues are the gun or the shooter rather than the ammo) and the most duds I see are Winchester and Fiocchi FMJ. But this could be due to them being much more popular.

*I see LOTS of Win ammo with dead primers.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 1:55:27 PM EDT
[#8]
If you order the "Shooting Dynamics" 380 form Bud's, you will actually receive "Training Dynamics" ammo. I have no idea  what the dif is between the two.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 11:36:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I’ve heard the range dynamics ammo has plated bullets but the shooting dynamics has a true full metal jacket.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ve heard the range dynamics ammo has plated bullets but the shooting dynamics has a true full metal jacket.
View Quote

Thank you! @StevenH. That’s good to know.

I did end up getting 2 cases of the Shooting Dynamics before the prices went crazy!

ETA:  I got mine from Sportman’s Guide and I have the yearly discount so it was a great price (all things considered).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top