Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2023 3:11:50 AM EDT
Picked up this PPK in a trade the other day. Doesn't look like it was shot much if at all. Serial number puts it's year of manufacture at 1971. Came with original box and owners manual. Definitely imported since it has MADE IN WEST GERMANY on the frame but still pretty cool.

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 4:16:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Beautiful..!!!

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 6:19:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had a few, only kept my .32ACP (BEST PPK caliber) from 1965.

Yours look great - welcome to the REAL James Bond gun!
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#3]
You probably have a real treasure.  I have a bucket full of .32 ACP pistols which I hold in high esteem.  My only Walther, though. is a .380.  It has convincerd me that the PP series pistols are more than is often claimed.  Hang on to your little gem as it is a most useful hand full of bite.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mindless:
You probably have a real treasure.  I have a bucket full of .32 ACP pistols which I hold in high esteem.  My only Walther, though. is a .380.  It has convincerd me that the PP series pistols are more than is often claimed.  Hang on to your little gem as it is a most useful hand full of bite.
View Quote

A design so good they didn't alter it (to my knowledge) during it's 40 plus year production run, 1931 to 1973.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:40:12 AM EDT
[#5]
The PPK is timeless.

I lucked up and snagged this guy brand new and unfired with box and all four or five years ago. It's 1967 production. I then found a new-old-stock PP .32 barrel that had never been installed, and sacrilegiously had it slightly modified, threaded, and installed. Like all of my .32's, it sounds great when used with an old 9mm dry silencer. The silencer shown does block the sights. I've got a design for a more slender silencer (Ø1.085") that will not block the sights that should be pretty quiet.

SilentMike
Dead Air
AAC 1998-2018
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 6:59:40 PM EDT
[#6]
The .32 PPKs are selling for outrageous prices online.

Link Posted: 12/10/2023 1:33:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

View Quote
As the OP noted: .32 PPk is best PPk.  

I personally prefer the straight up Walther PP .but kinda want a PPk or PPk/S in .32.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 5:52:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: luv_the_huskers] [#8]
My mismatched imported commercial Walther PP is my favorite pistol. Its beat up and I won't part with it for anything.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I picked up an unfired W. German .32 PPK with box and papers for a great price.  They were selling for over $2k on Gunbroker.  I always wanted a true Bond gun, but this one is too nice to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:45:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By sundance435:
I picked up an unfired W. German .32 PPK with box and papers for a great price.  They were selling for over $2k on Gunbroker.  I always wanted a true Bond gun, but this one is too nice to shoot.
View Quote
I'd shoot the shit out of it.

Bought this NIB for a pretty penny.  Had to do an action job on it....then I shot the crap out of it and still do:

Link Posted: 1/20/2024 12:56:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By panzersergeant:
Picked up this PPK in a trade the other day. Doesn't look like it was shot much if at all. Serial number puts it's year of manufacture at 1971. Came with original box and owners manual. Definitely imported since it has MADE IN WEST GERMANY on the frame but still pretty cool.
View Quote

Are you sure about that year of manufacture?  The PPK was not legal to import into the US after passage of the GCA of 1968.  That's why the PPK/S was created.
A manufacture date of 1971 for a PPK made in West Germany would tend make it contraband in the US subject to confiscation.
My guess is it was made no later than 1968 if it's a W German made PPK.

What reference did you use to determine date based on serial number?
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 1:11:45 AM EDT
[#12]
I love Walthers.

These are close to 50 years old.  

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:29:28 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

They sure are. I recently got the itch to add one to my safe and was shocked to find out what the .32 acp versions are selling for.

Guess I'll need to keep an eye on gun broker and hope I can scoop one up for a reasonable price. Or maybe I'll get lucky and find one at a gun show.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:23:08 PM EDT
[#14]
At some point after 68, police officers could buy PPK for their use.  These would later be sold on the open market.  Also am sure some were brought in by soldiers who were stationed in Germany.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 3:33:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Johnelmer87:
At some point after 68, police officers could buy PPK for their use.  These would later be sold on the open market.  Also am sure some were brought in by soldiers who were stationed in Germany.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Johnelmer87:

I would assume that any PPK brought in after 1968 by soldiers who were stationed in Germany were brought in illegally and would have that same status as any other illegally imported PPK, but regardless......

Based on my recent research, that serial number 226xxx is consistent with a model made in 1968 during the rush to import as many PPKs as possible before the GCA68 went into effect and the sporting points system was implemented.

https://www.waltherforums.com/threads/effect-of-the-1968-gca-on-the-ppk.131698/?post_id=1321882&nested_view=1&sortby=oldest#post-1321882

For a brief time, the ATF allowed law enforcement to import the PPK again in
1978-1979-1980. Less than a thousand PPK’s were imported.

S/Ns of those guns appear to be in the 230xxxA and up range and would definitely be Interarms marked.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 3:36:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Gorgeous guns
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:

They sure are. I recently got the itch to add one to my safe and was shocked to find out what the .32 acp versions are selling for.

Guess I'll need to keep an eye on gun broker and hope I can scoop one up for a reasonable price. Or maybe I'll get lucky and find one at a gun show.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:

I just went ahead and got a .22 PPK/S

Had to send it back to have the hammer worked on by Walther, but it runs like a top now.

If I ever come across a .32 PPK at a half way reasonable price, I'll grab that too.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top