Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2024 8:40:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gone_rabid]
Has anyone used this ammo before? More specifically the 460 grain Bengal WFNGC they load into this ammo.  

https://tiiarmory.com/50ae460

Been considering getting some of the bullets to load.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:25:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for reply. Would like to know as well
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:49:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GarrettJ] [#2]
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:30:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gone_rabid] [#3]
Long story short.

Last week I went on a small shopping spree.

Purchased a new 10” .50ae barrel from Magnum research and having them cut it to 7” and threading it.  

Then purchased the EGW sight mount along with the vortex defender st red dot.  

Already have the bowers 50 can.

Just waiting on the barrel to get here.  When order I was given an approx 2 week time frame.

End result is novelty, upon novelty, upon novelty.   I’ll give hunting a go with it as well.  Took it hog hunting once but didn’t have an opportunity to use it as the hogs weren’t close enough.

As far as those bullets, I just want to give them a try to see how “quiet” they are for shits and giggles.    I’d hate to buy those bullet components and find out they don’t feed well.  Hence my question if anyone has used them.

Already have molds to cast my own up to 600gr for the Beowulf but obviously none will work with the DE.

I’ll post a picture once it’s all together.

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:00:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:40:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bsev81] [#5]
I have played around a bit with the Accurate Molds 50 - 440P, mostly subsonic suppressed in my 10.5" AR upper. I worked up a load to 1025 fps and tried a few of them through the DE with a 6" IMB barrel, they would eject but wouldn't cycle only running 878 fps. I did not bother trying to work that load up to cycle because I intend to have a threaded DE barrel some day and i'm sure the same load would cycle suppressed.
No issues feeding but it has a much smaller meplat than the Tii Armory rounds do. The closest cast bullet to that profile I have run successfully is the NOE 325 which is modeled after the Speer 325 JHP and still not as blunt as those 460s. I have the NOE 458 mold for the 500 which has a similar large flat nose, I might try them in DE just to see if they'll feed.

About a year ago I gave up on finding a long barrel to thread.. Trying my best not to phone one of these in even though I will kick myself for missing the opportunity.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 4:07:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gone_rabid] [#6]
@bsev81

Magnum research has the 10” available.  

I was tinkering with quick load yesterday using lee’s 440gr bullet data, as I have this mold and powder coated bullets already made. Even using 100% fill with lil’gun and h110/296 I could only get approx ~950fps.  

Tii armory states their loaded ammo goes 1050fps so I’m curious on what they are doing to get the speed.  They also state load data is available for the .50ae. I’ve emailed them with questions and a request for said data.  

I will add it to this thread when/if they reply.

If you don’t mind me asking, what was your load data on those 440 loads.  I’d like to compare what quick load says.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gone_rabid:
@bsev81

Magnum research has the 10” available.  

I was tinkering with quick load yesterday using lee’s 440gr bullet data, as I have this mold and powder coated bullets already made. Even using 100% fill with lil’gun and h110/296 I could only get approx ~950fps.  

Tii armory states their loaded ammo goes 1050fps so I’m curious on what they are doing to get the speed.  They also state load data is available for the .50ae. I’ve emailed them with questions and a request for said data.  

I will add it to this thread when/if they reply.

If you don’t mind me asking, what was your load data on those 440 loads.  I’d like to compare what quick load says.
View Quote

Yeah... My wife is understanding, the question is just how much.. $900 is half what she paid for the DE for fathers day five years ago, I still don't think i'm done paying that one off judging by my current honey-do list.

My last load was 14.6gr of Accurate #9 with a CCI 350, I made a note to try 14.8 and 15.0, however that was March of '22 and I still haven't circled back around to that yet
From my 10.5" AR barrel the first time I shot this they averaged 1048 fps, a week later they averaged 1025 fps. Knowing SC in the spring it was 80 degrees day one and 40 day two.
Information for quickload -
OAL - 1.565", projectile length .89", assumed case length of 1.28" = .605" of bullet in the case.  

I would be interested in hearing what Tii is using in theirs if they get back to you, they were my inspiration for putting an adapter/brake on my 500 mag. Just for fun I put my suppressor on the end of it, some day I will work up a light load for that... With how the interchangeable muzzle brake system was designed i'm worried anything stronger than trailboss won't end well with 12" of suppressor hanging out there.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:08:39 PM EDT
[#8]
@GarrettJ

Here it is in all its glory.

image upload
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:57:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gone_rabid] [#10]
I really wished I could have gotten the same finish but I don’t think it looks bad.

Tii armory got back with me with .50ae load data ranging from 310gr up to 500gr.  The 350gr and 500’s will be added soon to their website. He says they all cycled well in the 6”.  

I asked permission to post part of his reply and load data.  Once I get the ok I’ll post it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:03:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Tii armory has allowed me to post this data and information. The listed bullets are their bullets they sell.

I’ve also attached this quote from their email to me.

“Thank you for reaching out. I've attached our .50 AE load data below:

I've found all of these loads to cycle well in DEs.

For QuickLoad purposes, the 310 gr is .68," the 350 gr is .745," the 400 gr is 0.827," the 460 gr is .936," and the 500 gr is 1.03" long. Start pressure should be set to 1160 for these bullets. The 350 gr and 500 gr offerings are new designs and will be added to our websites shortly.”

As always use at your own risk.  

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:34:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Glad I came back here.  Was looking at this ammo the other day.  Supposed to have my barrel back from Nick @ Ecco before long.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top