Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2023 8:13:46 PM EDT
After what seemed like an eternity of waiting for one to come in stock I bought a 942 ultra lite in .22lr last week and picked it up today. Went out back before dark and put three cylinders of cci mini mags through it.  So far I really like it and seems to be a heck of a pistol. I bought it for my wife and she likes it so far. Going to get her to shoot a pile through it this weekend.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 9:39:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Is the rear sight windage adjustable?   Let us know if the double action trigger is useable and how it shoots accuracy wise.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 10:47:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:
Is the rear sight windage adjustable?   Let us know if the double action trigger is useable and how it shoots accuracy wise.
View Quote

It appears that it is windage adjustable as it’s a metal blade with a screw head below it. When I shot it last night the windage was spot on as it came dead center. It is a heavy dbl action trigger pull, but it feels smooth.  I was honestly expecting my wife to not like it, but she said the da pull was fine with her and she didn’t think it was that heavy. I’ll test more for accuracy this weekend.

I shot that 66% ipsc at about 10yds and all shots were about a baseball size group out of one full cylinder (shooting DA). Also shot a 8” plate at about 20yds about 5-6 times and hit it every time. But I didn’t walk up to it to see a group. Note that It was pretty dark in the woods though, and tough to make out the sights when I was shooting. And I wasn’t really shooting for groups.

I’ll do more accuracy testing this weekend hopefully and update.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info, looks like a keeper!
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 3:25:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sandboxmedic] [#4]
I've thought the light weight version would make a good "kit gun" but I think a Ruger SR22 with a suppressor would make a better choice.  It seems most folks, including me, usually carry something larger caliber these days.  I carried a 4" Taurus Model 94 as a wood's gun for a while when I was going through a "bushcrafting" phase but never used it for anything and went back to carrying my usual 642.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 6:58:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chumpmiester] [#5]
Yes the rear sight on the 942 is adjustable for windage. I have a standard 2" 942 and haven't had any issues with it. It makes a good companion for my 2" 856 and 3" 85. Grips are 100% interchangeable between all. of them. I can't remember if the front sight is replaceable on the UL models like they are on the standard models. If there is a small pin right below the front sight on the UL, then you can swap it out. Ameriglo makes an orange night sight for the Taurus small frame revolvers.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By chumpmiester:
Yes the rear sight on the 942 is adjustable for windage. I have a standard 2" 942 and haven't had any issues with it. It makes a good companion for my 2" 856 and 3" 85. Grips are 100% interchangeable between all. of them. I can't remember if the front sight is replaceable on the UL models like they are on the standard models. If there is a small pin right below the front sight on the UL, then you can swap it out. Ameriglo makes an orange night sight for the Taurus small frame revolvers.
View Quote

Finally got the wife out there today and put 64rds through it.  Didn’t get to test for accuracy but I will at some point. It’s definitely an accurate little pistol.

I do want to upgrade the sights at some point. The front blade is pinned so I will likely grab a front sight blade to put on it.

Link Posted: 9/27/2023 9:33:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice!  I want one of those, but like you said they are hard to find.
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 1:07:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ARnTN:
Nice!  I want one of those, but like you said they are hard to find.
View Quote

g4gguns.com had about a half dozen to a dozen of them in stock and it was around $346 shipped.  A few other vendors had them but they were at-least $100 more than g4g.  Guns.com still has them in stock for $561.99

Link Posted: 9/27/2023 1:35:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Duck_Hunt:

Finally got the wife out there today and put 64rds through it.  Didn't get to test for accuracy but I will at some point. It's definitely an accurate little pistol.

I do want to upgrade the sights at some point. The front blade is pinned so I will likely grab a front sight blade to put on it.

View Quote
Taurus has the AmeriGLo orange front night sight on their website for $29.99. This will fit any small frame revolver with a removable front sight.

https://shoptaurus.com/shop-by-model/revolvers/small-frame-revolvers/ameriglo-front-orange-night-sight-small-frame-revolvers
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 8:34:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Taurus has the AmeriGLo orange front night sight on their website for $29.99. This will fit any small frame revolver with a removable front sight.

https://shoptaurus.com/shop-by-model/revolvers/small-frame-revolvers/ameriglo-front-orange-night-sight-small-frame-revolvers
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Duck_Hunt:

Finally got the wife out there today and put 64rds through it.  Didn't get to test for accuracy but I will at some point. It's definitely an accurate little pistol.

Nice! Going to order one today. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 8:35:36 AM EDT
[#11]
You're welcome.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 6:31:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Wolff spring kit that gun and it's mo betta
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 10:23:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By manowar669:
Wolff spring kit that gun and it's mo betta
View Quote

You can reduce the weight on the trigger return spring but I had issues with light strikes when I tried reducing the hammer spring weight and had to go back to the factory weight.  I've seen the same thing in a couple of .22 revolvers.  Lightly polish any parts that touch or move and use whatever grease or oil you like.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By sandboxmedic:

You can reduce the weight on the trigger return spring but I had issues with light strikes when I tried reducing the hammer spring weight and had to go back to the factory weight.  I've seen the same thing in a couple of .22 revolvers.  Lightly polish any parts that touch or move and use whatever grease or oil you like.
View Quote
That is normal for most, if not all, rimfire revolvers simply due to rimfire primers being harder to set off compared to centerfire primers.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 11:26:59 AM EDT
[#15]
That is normal for most, if not all, rimfire revolvers simply due to rimfire primers being harder to set off compared to centerfire primers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sandboxmedic:

Yep, it was just a warning for anyone who hadn't done it before; and you can buy just the return springs by themselves and save a couple of bucks.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#16]
I wish they made a 3in ultralite
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top