BCM
User Panel

Springfield Prodigy (Page 1 of 4)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/14/2023 6:39:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Phobby]
I got to handle one of these today.

I didn’t shoot it but I can say I was impressed by Springfield. It was a very nice fit gun to a custom 1911 comparison. Great grip feel and balance with an attractive modern design.

Would I buy it? Damn I was close but a compact version of it and it’s have been going home with me.

Only thing I would change is the allen key full length guide rod design. I prefer a tool less (GI guide rod) serviceable gun. Which shouldn’t be a difficult swap.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Do they actual function now?
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 9:50:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Meh.  Safety's on the wrong side.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 10:44:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HomeAtLast:
View Quote

I only have 350ish rounds through my 4.25" and 200ish through the 5". They have been perfect.
Although both triggers were very heavy, some light sanding/polishing and a little adjustment to sear spring got the 4.25" really good, and the 5" slightly above suck.

It's not a staccato, but it's also about $800+- cheaper.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I own one. Have had zero issues with it. Selling it only because I want to focus on buying my bucket list firearms
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:02:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: psyop2314] [#5]
View Quote

I just stopped into a local shop for the first time in months, as I have been on a bit of a golf bender as of late…. They had a 5” model on the shelf for the Springfield Firstline program.  First I had heard of it. I ended up taking it home and started watching videos about reliability issues/fixes. I worked the slide a few hundred times and cleaned/oiled it. Then I did it again and again and again…. Probably had 2000 cycles of the action before ever shooting it. I firmly believe that the cerakote that wears off makes a sludge with the oil and slows the slide WAY down and is mostly to blame for the cycling issues people are seeing. I got out and put 300 rounds through it last weekend and it ran 100%. I was blown away by the accuracy of this thing.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 7:15:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DOE] [#6]
View Quote

Yes.  And if not, SA's priority is to fix any Prodigy expediently as it is their main focus now.

Latest iteration.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 3:01:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine needed an extractor adjustment to run reliably.  Not a big deal.  I don't like curved triggers so since I was replacing that, I also installed a Brazos sear kit and an EGW disconnector.  It's incredibly accurate, possibly the most accurate handgun I own, maybe the DWX will be just as accurate I haven't shot it yet.  Oh, and the optics plate didn't fit, so I had to mill the channel in it longer

Overall, for a $1250 2011 I'm pleased.  Plus at $33 I have a pile of magazines already and they all seem to work well.  

Link Posted: 3/12/2023 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#8]

$33 mags?

Where?

Link Posted: 3/12/2023 6:33:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Numerous places.

Most are just drop shipping from Bill Hicks or whatever distributor.
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 1:48:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 14MustangGT] [#10]
I've been carrying mine AIWB and I love it!  I put a bunch of rounds through it to prove reliability and I thoroughly enjoy shooting my Prodigy.  To the OP, I've got an aftermarket tool-less guide rod assembly from EGW in the gun.  The one thing I am not liking is the slide stop lever - it's too short and hard to get on, even with my long fingers and big-ish hands.

Mods so far:

-Ditched the Hex Dragonfly for a Holosun 507C on a Springfield Armory/Agency optic plate
-Changed out the guide rod assembly for an EGW tool-less setup
-Licensed STI airsoft Magwell funnel, slightly massaged to fit on the Prodigy (don't judge! 🤣)
-Streamlight TLR-7
-Custom-made holster designed by a friend and I in his shop.

Link Posted: 3/13/2023 6:30:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Mines been 100%. Now I’m starting to replace things on preference, not necessity.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 4:26:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 14MustangGT:
I've been carrying mine AIWB and I love it!  I put a bunch of rounds through it to prove reliability and I thoroughly enjoy shooting my Prodigy.  To the OP, I've got an aftermarket tool-less guide rod assembly from EGW in the gun.  The one thing I am not liking is the slide stop lever - it's too short and hard to get on, even with my long fingers and big-ish hands.

Mods so far:

-Ditched the Hex Dragonfly for a Holosun 507C on a Springfield Armory/Agency optic plate
-Licensed STI airsoft Magwell funnel, slightly massaged to fit on the Prodigy (don't judge! 🤣)
-Streamlight TLR-7

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/attachments/20230311_173046-jpg.174200/
View Quote

@14MustangGT
link to that magwell? its just plastic...lol
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I’m torn between the 4.25” and 5” model. Both would have a place in my rotation. According to my reading were the reliability issues truly mag related and did Springfield really change their mag oem?  Or is that BS?
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 10:17:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Purchased my 4.25 in December and haven't had any major problem. I carry it with Triarc or Staccato mags.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 7:51:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Who makes a decently priced straight trigger that drops in easily?
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 12:51:14 PM EDT
[#16]
As far as I know, the Cheely requires the least fitting. Just removing a small amount of material on the top/bottom of the shoe itself.

Atlas requires some fitting of the shoe and frame, possible the bow if you have difficulty reach some of frame where the bow interacts.

Red Dirt triggers can fit, but I haven’t seen anyone comment on how much fitting, if any, is required.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 2:32:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#17]
This dropped in for me https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts/handgun-parts/handgun-triggers-parts/2011-x-line-triggers/?sku=430103635

I haven't taken the time to pull it apart again and adjust pre travel but it's pretty close as is.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#18]
I was hot and bothered big time when these dropped. Decided to take a "wait and see" approach. I'm glad I did as I'm still waiting and still seeing. Buddy won a 4.25 the week they were introduced. He still hasn't shot it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 7:58:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Stopped by a local shop today and took a few minutes to check out a 5” version they had on the shelf.

Felt good in the hand, sorta reminded of a Hi Power in terms of grip feel.

Slide was extremely smooth to manipulate, trigger felt good, safety was decent as well.

I’ve seen a few online retailers with them discounted here and there. I may end up with one eventually but I’ll wait for the right deal.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 7:57:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By 14MustangGT:

Mods so far:

-Streamlight TLR-7

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/attachments/20230311_173046-jpg.174200/
View Quote

EGW is on top of the aftermarket game. I finally found a new Colt Combat Elite 45 Acp Defender last year. The first thing I did was swap out the recoil spring and guide rod with the EGW kit= a million times better that the factory.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:21:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By DOE:

Yes.  And if not, SA's priority is to fix any Prodigy expediently as it is their main focus now.
https://i.imgur.com/5tzCiAe.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/S1HWBJq.jpg

Latest iteration.
https://i.imgur.com/VTfl1bk.jpg
View Quote

@DOE

Are you able to acquire any kind of low co-witness through the RMR with those sights, or does the optic completely obstruct? Based on your pic, looks like it would be pretty close.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:41:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By mhbaker81:

@DOE

Are you able to acquire any kind of low co-witness through the RMR with those sights, or does the optic completely obstruct? Based on your pic, looks like it would be pretty close.
View Quote

@mhbaker81

It's a co-witness.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 4:11:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PabloMcGlock] [#23]
I’m looking hard at jumping into the 2011 market. If they were equal in cost would you guys still buy the Prodigy over the Staccato P? Love the look and feel of both but haven’t been able to shoot either. The YouTube vids I’ve watched comparing the two have most saying they prefer the Staccato. What are the major differences? Thanks
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 11:41:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#24]
Originally Posted By PabloMcGlock:
I’m looking hard at jumping into the 2011 market. If they were equal in cost would you guys still buy the Prodigy over the Staccato P? Love the look and feel of both but haven’t been able to shoot either. The YouTube vids I’ve watched comparing the two have most saying they prefer the Staccato. What are the major differences? Thanks
View Quote

I've owned an STI DVC 3 Gun and currently own a 4.25 Prodigy.  I'm guessing the differences between my STI and a Staccato are minimal if any.  Comparing the two, the STI had better fit and finish, but not significantly.  The slide to frame fit as well as barrel fit was about equal in my opinion, the STI was just slightly more aesthetic.  I don't think Springfield cut too many corners on the major things like fitment to hit their price point, but they definitely did on how some of the components are manufactured, for example I broke the mag release detent screw the first time I disassembled it.

I don't think the Prodigy is "ready to go" out of the box based on mine and a friends 5" version.  I replaced the sear, disconnector, hammer, trigger, and leaf spring in mine, as well doing a little bit of tuning on the extractor (I ordered an EGW extractor but it wouldn't fit, I'm unsure why, I couldn't get it to insert far enough for the firing pin stop plate to go back in, like there's a step/shoulder interference inside somewhere, but the stock extractor has worked fine since giving it a tweak.)  The disconnector and extractor are the only two that my gun *needed* to be replaced or reworked to function reliably.  The rest was just preference.

The STI I had would fit in a lot of 1911 holsters.  The Prodigy will not.  The slide is thicker.  There are not many holsters yet available for the Prodigy though I'm happy with the couple I have.  (Luckily the DWX is almost identical so I have some holster cross compatibility there)

They were both extremely accurate handguns and on par with each other.  STI had a better trigger out of the box.

All in all I look at it like this:

Staccato P Duo is $2500

Prodigy is $1500 (I got mine from my LGS for $1250)

If you have zero interest in tinkering, you want the gun ready to carry out of the box, buy the Staccato.  If you don't mind, or would like to tinker like a lot of people do, then it's worth saving $1000+ and getting the Prodigy.  For me personally, especially at my LGS price, I got a Prodigy, 6 additional magazines, a Trijicon SRO and optics plate as well as the Brazos trigger group and other parts for $2,209 and I have exactly the gun I want for less than the Staccato alone.  I like to tinker so it's worthwhile to me.

ETA: The DWX is better than either IMO and if they'd released them as planned, and optics ready, I doubt I'd even own a 2011.  At $1800 (what I paid) they split the difference on price but with Staccato or better quality.  There's nothing on that gun I want to replace, the magazines are significantly better design than the 2011, and it's been 100% reliable and every bit as accurate as anything I've owned out of the box.  I think it may actually be the best 9mm handgun ever designed and produced.  I can't wait for an optics ready 4.25".
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 2:03:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PabloMcGlock] [#25]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:

I've owned an STI DVC 3 Gun and currently own a 4.25 Prodigy.  I'm guessing the differences between my STI and a Staccato are minimal if any.  Comparing the two, the STI had better fit and finish, but not significantly.  The slide to frame fit as well as barrel fit was about equal in my opinion, the STI was just slightly more aesthetic.  I don't think Springfield cut too many corners on the major things like fitment to hit their price point, but they definitely did on how some of the components are manufactured, for example I broke the mag release detent screw the first time I disassembled it.

I don't think the Prodigy is "ready to go" out of the box based on mine and a friends 5" version.  I replaced the sear, disconnector, hammer, trigger, and leaf spring in mine, as well doing a little bit of tuning on the extractor (I ordered an EGW extractor but it wouldn't fit, I'm unsure why, I couldn't get it to insert far enough for the firing pin stop plate to go back in, like there's a step/shoulder interference inside somewhere, but the stock extractor has worked fine since giving it a tweak.)  The disconnector and extractor are the only two that my gun *needed* to be replaced or reworked to function reliably.  The rest was just preference.

The STI I had would fit in a lot of 1911 holsters.  The Prodigy will not.  The slide is thicker.  There are not many holsters yet available for the Prodigy though I'm happy with the couple I have.  (Luckily the DWX is almost identical so I have some holster cross compatibility there)

They were both extremely accurate handguns and on par with each other.  STI had a better trigger out of the box.

All in all I look at it like this:

Staccato P Duo is $2500

Prodigy is $1500 (I got mine from my LGS for $1250)

If you have zero interest in tinkering, you want the gun ready to carry out of the box, buy the Staccato.  If you don't mind, or would like to tinker like a lot of people do, then it's worth saving $1000+ and getting the Prodigy.  For me personally, especially at my LGS price, I got a Prodigy, 6 additional magazines, a Trijicon SRO and optics plate as well as the Brazos trigger group and other parts for $2,209 and I have exactly the gun I want for less than the Staccato alone.  I like to tinker so it's worthwhile to me.

ETA: The DWX is better than either IMO and if they'd released them as planned, and optics ready, I doubt I'd even own a 2011.  At $1800 (what I paid) they split the difference on price but with Staccato or better quality.  There's nothing on that gun I want to replace, the magazines are significantly better design than the 2011, and it's been 100% reliable and every bit as accurate as anything I've owned out of the box.  I think it may actually be the best 9mm handgun ever designed and produced.  I can't wait for an optics ready 4.25".
View Quote

Great post. Thanks for all the great insight. I bought the Staccato P DPO this afternoon. Just looked up the DWX holy shit that is nice.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 8:50:56 AM EDT
[#26]
happy to help
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:05:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By PabloMcGlock:
View Quote

I love my Prodigy, but if you could get the Staccato for the same price I’d say that every time. Primarily due to the DLC coating over the Cerakote on the Prodigy. The stock Staccato internals are better as well.

That being said, the odds of finding a Staccato for even close to the price of a Prodigy is close to 0%. If you are a tinkerer or don’t mind having someone rebuild a Prodigy for you, I think you could end up with a better gun for less than MSRP of a Staccato P.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:22:42 PM EDT
[#28]
I have really enjoyed all of my Springfields. I own a lot of 1911s - but have never considered a 2011. Do the 1911 guys in here have any thoughts about the grip on these? Are they noticeably thicker? My 1911s feel like they were made for my hands - and I do not want to lose that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:25:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By GreyBeardBiker:
I have really enjoyed all of my Springfields. I own a lot of 1911s - but have never considered a 2011. Do the 1911 guys in here have any thoughts about the grip on these? Are they noticeably thicker? My 1911s feel like they were made for my hands - and I do not want to lose that.
View Quote

They are roughly the same thickness at the thickest point of my TRP.  That said, the TRP grips obviously are rounded off where a 2011 remains that thickness.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:30:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:

They are roughly the same thickness at the thickest point of my TRP.  That said, the TRP grips obviously are rounded off where a 2011 remains that thickness.
View Quote

Thanks! I will have to run by my LGS and check one out.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 11:17:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By GreyBeardBiker:

Thanks! I will have to run by my LGS and check one out.
View Quote

I would agree with that. The few Prodigy/Stacattos that I’ve handled at various shops feel about the same as my Mil-Spec with standard thickness G10 grips in terms of palm fitment.

Where I notice a difference in feel is the front strap, which is wider on the 2011 vs. 1911 since the magwell accommodates a double stack mag. To me the Prodigy feels a little more squared off than the Stacatto, which is why I think the Stacatto feels better in the hand.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#32]
I find I actually prefer how the Prodigy is wider at the front strap and mainspring than a single stack.  Whether I actually control the double stack better in recoil or not, it feels like I do.  Pretty subjective I know.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 1:00:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Next upgrade a flat bow trigger

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/28/2023 1:04:13 PM EDT
[#34]
This thread is giving me GAS = Gun Acquisition Syndrome. FFS
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 2:37:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Put a Machine Werks low pro magwell on.
It doesn't fit without work. I didn't want to dremel too much on the grip so I oblonged the magwell pin holes to get them to line up.
Doesn't look so good in person (pin holes) but not bad in the pictures.
Waiting on 10-8 to get the plug and guide rod back in stock.

Link Posted: 5/2/2023 1:55:22 AM EDT
[#36]
I finally got my hands on one, a full size version.

It was brought to my attention due to some issues during practice. The complaints included:

The ambi-safety walked out of the frame (shooter was left handed)
The left side of the safety walked out of the frame
Inconsistent ejection
Gritty trigger pull (though it was the first SAO gun this shooter had ever used, so they still stated it was the best factory trigger they've had)

Doing a little poking around, I found a few quirks and issues.

-The sear/disconnector pin hole on the right of the frame was not final reamed, or had buildup of finish. The pin could only be removed with the assistance of a punch and hammer
-The connection of the safety was loose
-The detent on the safety was not centered properly, allowing an easier walkout
-The retaining leg of the right side of the safety was too short, allowing it to come out of the pocket in the frame, binding the safety
-The extractor was not properly tensioned

Some other "it's not a problem, but worth noting" observations included:

The leaf spring had several rough edges on it, including surfaces that interfaced with the trigger, disconnector and sear.
The channel for the extractor was completely open to the underside of the slide. That was a new one to me and I'm not sure why that decision was made as it appears to be an easy ingress route for dirt and debris.
The quality of the MIM parts (disconnector, extractor, hammer, sear, magazine catch, slide stop, safety, etc.) did not appear that good. The surface finish on many of the parts were visibly wavy in appearance.
The trigger bow was too long, compared to three other 2011s readily available. The length of the bow was shortened by what appeared to be a bench grinder, cutting a serrated knife edge at the rear of the bow.

Overall, I thought the barrel/slide/frame fitting appeared good. It seemed like slightly lessor quality than the TRP I had available to compare against, but not by much.

My personal take on the pistol is that it is likely functional for a range toy, self defense firearm, etc.; however, if it was being deployed for duty use, I'd have a lot of internal components replaced with known quality components (Ed Brown, Cylinder & Slide, etc.)

Flame away
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 8:59:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Nothing to flame that's a good analysis imo.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 9:15:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By leelaw:
The channel for the extractor was completely open to the underside of the slide. That was a new one to me and I'm not sure why that decision was made as it appears to be an easy ingress route for dirt and debris.
View Quote

What do you mean the extractor channel is open? There should be a hole in the top of the channel where the AOS plate screw hole is, but otherwise it should be the same as any other 1911/2011.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 5:20:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By -CRW-:

What do you mean the extractor channel is open? There should be a hole in the top of the channel where the AOS plate screw hole is, but otherwise it should be the same as any other 1911/2011.
View Quote

The underside of the slide is cut through exposing the extractor channel. There is the portion at the rear of the slide next to the firing pin retaining plate which is normal, as is the front of the channel near the breach face. Most of the rest is open. Hope that explains it, I'll take pictures if I can handle it again.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:34:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By leelaw:

The underside of the slide is cut through exposing the extractor channel. There is the portion at the rear of the slide next to the firing pin retaining plate which is normal, as is the front of the channel near the breach face. Most of the rest is open. Hope that explains it, I'll take pictures if I can handle it again.
View Quote

I think someone did some home gunsmithing on the sample you handled. I handled and worked on two 5” models and both were cut on the underside of the slide like any other 1911. Both have 3 openings into the extractor channel - one on either end of the channel and a third on top for the right side optic plate screw.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:58:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By -CRW-:

I think someone did some home gunsmithing on the sample you handled. I handled and worked on two 5” models and both were cut on the underside of the slide like any other 1911. Both have 3 openings into the extractor channel - one on either end of the channel and a third on top for the right side optic plate screw.
View Quote

Well now I'm curious because it didn't appear to be anything aftermarket and the pistol was new, having been to the range one time earlier that week. You're making me want to get my hands back on it because it looked factory cut.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:08:40 AM EDT
[#42]
I would love to see a pic if you get a chance.  I've never seen anything like I think you're describing.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 11:17:19 AM EDT
[#43]
There is a dealer on Gunbroker, NCGunGallery.  Currently has New 5" Prodigy for $999, $30 2 day shipping, no credit card fee + tax. Their 4.25" is regular pricing.  To save ~$300, I won't mind the extra .75" and it will give me a bit more barrel for when I do the chunk port and more coverage so my light doesn't get as dirty. Biggest downside will be finding a holster since the 4.25" model would have fit the already established Staccato P 4.4". But $999 is the cheapest I've seen the Prodigy go for brand new.

I placed an order yesterday/Saturday afternoon and by early evening they emailed me with tracking info and a follow up email to let me know the tracking info won't update until Monday night. So far very pleased with their speed and communication.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 7:46:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By SilentDeath12886:
There is a dealer on Gunbroker, NCGunGallery.  Currently has New 5" Prodigy for $999, $30 2 day shipping, no credit card fee + tax. Their 4.25" is regular pricing.  To save ~$300, I won't mind the extra .75" and it will give me a bit more barrel for when I do the chunk port and more coverage so my light doesn't get as dirty. Biggest downside will be finding a holster since the 4.25" model would have fit the already established Staccato P 4.4". But $999 is the cheapest I've seen the Prodigy go for brand new.

I placed an order yesterday/Saturday afternoon and by early evening they emailed me with tracking info and a follow up email to let me know the tracking info won't update until Monday night. So far very pleased with their speed and communication.
View Quote

That has to be below MAP pricing
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 8:50:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SilentDeath12886] [#45]
Originally Posted By evnash:

That has to be below MAP pricing
View Quote

I'm sure since I haven't seen it anywhere close to that for brand new.  They are/were marketing it as a "weekend special".
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:32:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bad2006z71] [#46]

View Quote

Fuck. That is a better price than anywhere I've seen, even the few places that don't charge tax.
Ordered. I like the 5" better than the 4.25" since I don't carry it.
Looks like my 4.25" is going up for sale.

Edit: Already shipped. Damn fast. 2 day shipping from NC, so maybe be here Wed.
My previous 5" gun, while accurate, had a dog shit trigger and the ambi safety was a bitch to remove. Hopefully this one will be better.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 1:59:40 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Tempting, to go with my 4.25". But I better hold out. My MK4 22/45 is my latest venture
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By bad2006z71:
Put a Machine Werks low pro magwell on.
It doesn't fit without work. I didn't want to dremel too much on the grip so I oblonged the magwell pin holes to get them to line up.
Doesn't look so good in person (pin holes) but not bad in the pictures.
Waiting on 10-8 to get the plug and guide rod back in stock.

https://i.imgur.com/ILuu2vQh.jpg

View Quote

@bad2006z71
I would hold off on the plug from 10-8.  It bashed the hell out of my link.  I was using a 12 pound recoil spring.  Shooting 60 rounds of Speer 124 gr. +P Gold Dots.

Ordered this:
Wilson Combat 1911 Flat Wire Recoil Spring Guide, Commander, Bullet Proof, Stainless
Code: WC-576SFW

It has the vertical link cutout.  And yes, I know you can file it, but why?  It's a $9 plug.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 8:34:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By DOE:

@bad2006z71
I would hold off on the plug from 10-8.  It bashed the hell out of my link.  I was using a 12 pound recoil spring.  Shooting 60 rounds of Speer 124 gr. +P Gold Dots.
https://i.imgur.com/1oU69vC.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ImygMiP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/W9vbhzF.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/8nn4hXq.jpg

Ordered this:
Wilson Combat 1911 Flat Wire Recoil Spring Guide, Commander, Bullet Proof, Stainless
Code: WC-576SFW

It has the vertical link cutout.  And yes, I know you can file it, but why?  It's a $9 plug.  
View Quote

@DOE
Thanks, I would think that is more of a Springfield issue than a 10-8 as 10-8, but I went with the EGW reverser plug and gi rod. Though I haven't shot it yet.
Also, just picked up a 5" as I prefer full size since I won't be carrying it, so the 4.25" is going on the chopping block.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 1:57:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bad2006z71] [#50]
Just picked up my 5"  from NCGunGallery.
Fit and finish is good. Hopefully it won't become a rattle trap like my 4.25" has since the cerakote has worn off.
Trigger is garbage, just like my previous 5" and my 4.25", but I have adjusted the sear spring some and it's a little better.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Springfield Prodigy (Page 1 of 4)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top