Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2023 8:45:30 PM EDT
Hi

Is this good for keltec 380-Previously read that ball is better.

Speer Gold Dot LE Duty 380 ACP AUTO Ammo 90 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point for Keltec 380??

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 3:28:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 6:13:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Since 380 can’t be relied upon to expand, and if it does it has insufficient penetration, FMJ is generally a better option and even its penetration is on the low side.
View Quote

I use underwood .380 90gr Xtreme penetrator and with my ballistics gel testing they penetrate to 17" very consistently through both bare and 4 layers of denim
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 9:51:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I use underwood .380 90gr Xtreme penetrator and with my ballistics gel testing they penetrate to 17" very consistently through both bare and 4 layers of denim
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:46:23 PM EDT
[#4]
The new Federal Hydrashok Deep seems to be the best engineered bullet for .380 currently.

I still carry XTP though because it cost less
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 11:40:29 PM EDT
[#5]
In this testing from Lucky Gunner, that Speer load didn’t do as well as some of the others, including 2 of Hornady’s offerings.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top