Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2023 3:58:18 PM EDT
Ok, really basic here, but I don't know the first thing about aftermarket triggers for the XD. My brother just got one, the XD9101 (4" 9mm), and the trigger has got to go! :)

I did a brief bit of research and I don't know if PRP is considered the de facto way to go. What brand would you recommend? And if PRP, which model? This is going to be mostly a range gun.

Bonus- I think these usually need a gunsmith to install, so would you recommend any gunsmiths in Southern CA that can do a good job on a XD trigger install? Is there like THE XD guy around here, anything like that?

Bonus bonus- yes, CA is not a gun-friendly state. We know it full well :). Save the comments!
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#1]
PRP, hands down.

Depends on which kinda of trigger you're looking for. I almost always just buy the best one, which usually has the lightest pull and cleanest break along with shortest reset, however if you're not well versed in light trigger weights you may reconsider that approach.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 6:15:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 0.0% knowledge on this, just making a general trigger comment.

One thing to consider when discussing trigger work, what is the intended use of the weapon?

Competition

General range use

Home defense

Personal carry / defense

The lower on that list, the safer you want the trigger to be. Not that you want an unsafe trigger for competition, but some people feel okay with certain safeties being disabled for competition use and having an ultralight trigger that some people might not consider for carry.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:25:28 PM EDT
[#3]
got XD subcompact and had PRP trigger installed by store personnel that are glock & S&W M&P trained.
he said that it went in with minimal issues. Had to do minor fitting to 2 surfaces to have it fit & function correctly.
immensely improved the trigger.
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 6:16:29 PM EDT
[#4]
PRP all the way, and install yourself. Pretty easy to do. Depending on how comfortable you are with pull weights determines which option to go with. Check out their page and even give them a call to discuss.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top