Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2023 9:17:27 PM EDT
Buddy wanted to shoot his new M&P 2.0 10mm 4" gun, so I joined him with my 4.6" barrel EA Witness polymer 10mm.  We tried a few different 10mm ammo types including some Sig Sauer 10mm 180gr fmj he just picked up.  Both of us experienced multiple stove pipes with both our 10mm guns with this ammo only.  

Has anyone else ever experienced, or read about issues with this ammo?  It's a shame because it was giving some really good chrony numbers at just under 1,250 fps from the 4.6" barrel.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 10:48:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Buddy wanted to shoot his new M&P 2.0 10mm 4" gun, so I joined him with my 4.6" barrel EA Witness polymer 10mm.  We tried a few different 10mm ammo types including some Sig Sauer 10mm 180gr fmj he just picked up.  Both of us experienced multiple stove pipes with both our 10mm guns with this ammo only.  
Has anyone else ever experienced, or read about issues with this ammo?  It's a shame because it was giving some really good chrony numbers at just under 1,250 fps from the 4.6" barrel.
View Quote

I’ve shot several cases of the Sig 180 FMJ load through different 10mm pistols with NO issues. These were: a G29, G40, Sig P220, a customized Delta Elite (with a tight, hand-fitted Bar-Sto barrel), and an old S&W 3rd Gen 1006.

And you’re right, the Sig ammo is doing every bit of 1250fps (or better through 5” pistols).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top