[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By EncoreGolf:  https://i.imgur.com/CqntpjY.jpeg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By EncoreGolf:  https://i.imgur.com/CqntpjY.jpeg

$236?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Tonight-I-pick-up-my-first-guns-since-moving-to-Texas-ETA-Pics-on-OP-/5-2698639/&page=1&anc=bottom#bottom

Originally Posted By VacaDuck:
Originally Posted By wildearp:  Daggers to me, look like the baby of a heroin addicted crotch fruit of Glock and Sig P320.

People love them and PSA is helping arm all of America, so what is not to like?

Right now you can get a complete frame for $60 and a complete Extreme Carry Cut slide for $160. That's a Glock 19.3 clone for $220.

Is a Smith w/ a proprietary mag really worth $16 more than a PSA Compact Dagger Gen 3 Glock 19 parts compatible clone?
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:21:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought one, very happy with it so far. Shot it twice now, ~300 rounds.

I have a 2nd gen Sigma - SW9VE, so I had a bunch of magazines, etc. and it made sense to buy the latest version as the magazines and most holsters are compatible.

They finally got the trigger right on this one. I have a Glock 19 gen 4 with a stock trigger, and they are very comparable.

In contrast to the SW9VE’s trigger it’s a dramatic improvement.

Zero issues after two sessions which is the reliability Sigma’s always had, but with the new trigger this gun is a steal at $300!

Only change I made was added Trijicon night sights:Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:38:43 PM EDT
[#3]
In my case, I added Tru-Glo fiber optic sights (I'm old), Tractiongrips, an NDZ extended take-down lever, and an NDZ stainless guide rod. Now it's ready for the range!
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 10:40:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

$236?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Tonight-I-pick-up-my-first-guns-since-moving-to-Texas-ETA-Pics-on-OP-/5-2698639/&page=1&anc=bottom#bottom

Is a Smith w/ a proprietary mag really worth $16 more than a PSA Compact Dagger Gen 3 Glock 19 parts compatible clone?
View Quote

It is if you already have a bunch of mags. BTW the dagger is not totally compatible with Glock Gen 3.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 12:33:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:

It is if you already have a bunch of mags. BTW the dagger is not totally compatible with Glock Gen 3.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:$236?

Sure, if you're already invested in a proprietary mag, this gun makes a lot of sense.  For anyone else?

In what way is the PSA Compact Dagger not parts compatible w/ a Gen 3 19?
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 10:14:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Sure, if you're already invested in a proprietary mag, this gun makes a lot of sense.  For anyone else?

View Quote

@backbencher

I believe it's the firing pin channel liner and firing pin aka striker. Not the same length.

Your question would likely be better answered in the Glock pistol forum.

Link Posted: 2/13/2024 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#7]

@backbencher

I believe it's the firing pin channel liner and firing pin aka striker. Not the same length.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  Sure, if you're already invested in a proprietary mag, this gun makes a lot of sense.  For anyone else?

@backbencher

You are correct.  Also the frame roll pins are proprietary.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 7:38:33 AM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  Sure, if you're already invested in a proprietary mag, this gun makes a lot of sense.  For anyone else?

@backbencher

I believe the Glock striker would work in a Dagger but not the other way. I read somewhere that PSA changed the strikers so that they are fully interchangeable.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Seeing 2.0 SD's @$255 already...
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 11:13:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By EncoreGolf:
Seeing 2.0 SD's @$255 already...
View Quote

IMO the PSA Dagger has done a lot to depress the prices of handguns.

Everyone now says, why should I pay more for pistol X over a Dagger? So manufacturers either have to lower prices or increase features.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By EncoreGolf:
https://i.imgur.com/CqntpjY.jpeg
View Quote

Where? There's one local for $360 that I'm about ready to buy.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 4:31:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By colklink:

IMO the PSA Dagger has done a lot to depress the prices of handguns.

Everyone now says, why should I pay more for pistol X over a Dagger? So manufacturers either have to lower prices or increase features.
View Quote

I've absolutely never seen a dagger for sale locally. The only way I even know what PSA is is by being on ARFCOM. I think most Americans still buy guns at local stores.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 8:49:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: colklink] [#13]
Originally Posted By AASG:

I've absolutely never seen a dagger for sale locally. The only way I even know what PSA is is by being on ARFCOM. I think most Americans still buy guns at local stores.
View Quote

You may be right, I meant educated buyers. Someone that has done research on the internet. I suspect most of those have heard of the Dagger.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#14]
The mags for the SD and Sigma pistols are spendy. The last time I checked, they were about $35 a pop. I have the .40 version Sigma for my truck gun and a few years ago, CDNN ran a sale on the mags for $10 each. Needless to say, I stocked up at that price. CDNN used to have some awesome sales.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:24:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By rtz549:
The video is back. It was gone for a while:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxjqmPptWPE
View Quote

Thanks for posting this.

Looks like the 2.0 is vastly different on the inside...and for the better.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:58:31 AM EDT
[#16]

I believe the Glock striker would work in a Dagger but not the other way. I read somewhere that PSA changed the strikers so that they are fully interchangeable.
View All Quotes

@backbencher

Plus the old Striker design with complete garbage. I would have trusted a Striker made out of glass first

These things have been breaking since they were released, and they still have not offered a recall or just a hey, you bought one of these shitty things, let us send you a stupid part you're going to need.  They make all the owners sit around and wait until it breaks so they can sit around and wait for a replacement part.

I like the dagger slide and use it everyday. I initially replaced the Striker with an OEM Glock #49, but I ended up swapping all of the internals with another slide so now I am 100% OEM Glock internal.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:43:46 AM EDT
[#17]
I really think you'll be happy with your SD9 2.0.  I bought one because I really like the old SDVE models.  Yeah, their triggers sucked, but these triggers are much better.
The SD9 2.0 is much better than the old Sigma and the SDVE models.  I had both of those models.  The trigger on the SD9 2.0 is much better.  It's not in the same class as my CZ P10S or my Caniks.  Go ahead laugh at my Caniks, but they do have great triggers.  Mine have been accurate and reliable.   They're reasonably priced and I was very surprised at the new trigger system.  The new trigger is far better than the SDVE triggers.  
The SD9 2.0 will definitely fill the bill for an entry level handgun.  They're inexpensive, but they are not a junk gun.  
I like the SD9 2.0 quite a bit.  They point well.  They fit my hand right.  They take the same night sights as the M&P models.  The SD series are not junk.  They're strictly entry level.  If the SD9 2.0 was the only 9mm pistol I could have, it would serve me well.  In fact, I think they ought to make a sub compact version of it with 12 round mags, but also make a magazine sleeve so it can use the 16 round mags.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By DavidY:

Plus the old Striker design with complete garbage. I would have trusted a Striker made out of glass first

These things have been breaking since they were released, and they still have not offered a recall or just a hey, you bought one of these shitty things, let us send you a stupid part you're going to need.  They make all the owners sit around and wait until it breaks so they can sit around and wait for a replacement part.

I like the dagger slide and use it everyday. I initially replaced the Striker with an OEM Glock #49, but I ended up swapping all of the internals with another slide so now I am 100% OEM Glock internal.
View Quote

Are they breaking that much? I have over a thousand rounds through my most shot Dagger, and many more times that dry fire. Striker is fine. So far
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:29:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By fedora:
I really think you'll be happy with your SD9 2.0.  I bought one because I really like the old SDVE models.  Yeah, their triggers sucked, but these triggers are much better.
The SD9 2.0 is much better than the old Sigma and the SDVE models.  I had both of those models.  The trigger on the SD9 2.0 is much better.  It's not in the same class as my CZ P10S or my Caniks.  Go ahead laugh at my Caniks, but they do have great triggers.  Mine have been accurate and reliable.   They're reasonably priced and I was very surprised at the new trigger system.  The new trigger is far better than the SDVE triggers.  
The SD9 2.0 will definitely fill the bill for an entry level handgun.  They're inexpensive, but they are not a junk gun.  
I like the SD9 2.0 quite a bit.  They point well.  They fit my hand right.  They take the same night sights as the M&P models.  The SD series are not junk.  They're strictly entry level.  If the SD9 2.0 was the only 9mm pistol I could have, it would serve me well.  In fact, I think they ought to make a sub compact version of it with 12 round mags, but also make a magazine sleeve so it can use the 16 round mags.
View Quote

The only issue, of course, is that the pistol only comes with one (proprietary) magazine.  

Otherwise you're spot-on.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:39:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroEngineer] [#20]
Already answered.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:32:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Redman556] [#21]
I had one of the original Sigma's , before they were sued by Glock and had to change the trigger system up. That was a fantastic pistol. This was when they first came out in the 90s. Ultra reliable with a better feeling trigger than the Glock. Of course shortly afterwards they had to change it and the triggers were junky until the 2.0, and while better, it never got as good as the original. I bought an SD9V in the early 2000s for my son to shoot, I think for his 12th birthday. It was junk. It couldn't get through a mag without mis-feeding and jamming about three rounds or so per mag, no matter who was behind the gun. We took it back to the dealer and he gave us another one. We took it behind his shop and fired a mag and it still hiccuped , but we took it home anyway, because he gave us 200rds of good ammo to replace what we shot in the first one. That gun didn't do any better for him or I, jamming about half the mag.

We took it back the next day, and he showed me the M&Ps. He'd just got his first batch in that morning. So he told me to take it home and shoot it, and if it worked, I could come back and pay the difference the next day or the next week. He gave us another 200rds of the same ammo to shoot. We got home with the M&P and it ran perfectly. We shot 50 rds with no issues and then my son shot the other 150rds. We loded it with about 5 different kinds of and weights of ball ammo, and Gold Dots, HSTs and XTPs. Not one hiccup or malfunction. Around 500rds in two days shooting, my son shooting 90% of it.

I went back a couple of days later and filled out the paperwork. My dealer didn't even charge the difference between the SD9V and the M&P. He said he owed me that, but he wanted my word on it, on how it ran. I hated it when he closed up due to health issues.

I did shoot an SD9V about 4 years ago that ran great, but the early 2nd gen ones, after the change from the Glock lawsuit, man they were terrible.

I'd try one, third times a charm as they say, but I would love, love one of the original guns like that first one I had, back when the SC Hwy patrol was issued them. I was looking for a new carry gun and asked a friend on the HP what he was carrying and he told me. They were the first to adopt them. That first gen SD9 was a perfect gun.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:05:23 AM EDT
[#22]
These sound like good guns in their price range.  I’m actually tempted to try one out, but at this point I’m so heavily invested into M&P pistols & mags it makes zero sense for me to add a new pistol that doesn’t run on M&P mags.

Unless these use M&P mags?  I thought they use their own mag design?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:  These sound like good guns in their price range.  I’m actually tempted to try one out, but at this point I’m so heavily invested into M&P pistols & mags it makes zero sense for me to add a new pistol that doesn’t run on M&P mags.

Unless these use M&P mags?  I thought they use their own mag design?
View Quote

Nope.  Sigma type mag.  Got your S&W FPC yet?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
SD9 2.0 just announced (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top