Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2024 10:22:09 AM EDT
Does anyone know what front and rear sight cuts the Springfield Hi-Power uses? I have read somewhere that they are Tisas cuts. I see Tisas has some night sights available for their 1911s and am wondering if they will fit.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#1]

Tag for info.

Link Posted: 2/27/2024 8:36:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: astronwolf] [#2]
Tagged.  This is a good topic.

I'd post in the vendors' area, but I doubt they even look there anymore.

Link Posted: 2/28/2024 10:31:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I asked this question @SDSImports in a “new products from Tisas” thread in the SDS forum… no reply yet. Maybe they don’t know or don’t want to commit one way or another. But IF they fit, the tritium or fiber optic sights seem like a good option and you’d think SDS/Tisas would want the expanded market.

Springfield Armory could really do a better job with aftermarket options for the SA-35. I think there are XS sights for it and that seems to be about it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 5:22:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: astronwolf] [#4]
This is the answer I received from Springfield Armory:

Front- 60-degrees X .285" cut.
Rear- 60-degree angle X .435" cut.

You can check out truglow or XS sights to see if they offer anything.  Our other model pistols do not match the SA35 cuts.

Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:42:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By astronwolf:

View Quote

Reading on other forums, the SA-35 front sight dovetail may be cut like the FN Browning Mark III.   I am unsure of the depth.

BH Spring Solutions LLC sells night sights for the SA-35.
So does XS Sights, Dawson Precision, and others.

Link Posted: 2/29/2024 10:28:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Reading on other forums, the SA-35 front sight dovetail may be cut like the FN Browning Mark III.   I am unsure of the depth.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I can confirm the dimensions for the sight cuts as Springfield told me the same a while back.

BH seems to carry the XS for the SA-35. But thanks for the tip about Dawson! Last time I checked (I even called them) they had nothing for it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:35:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JasonBurton] [#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top