Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2024 6:32:51 PM EDT
Guys I really like this little 22 but I'm getting all kinds of lite strikes and fails to extract on the lite strikes

Running rem golden bullets and cci mini mags mostly

Any tricks to get this to run better?

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you shoot the gun clean or is it dirty? I’ve got 3 of them and shoot minimags and Federal bulk pack and never had a light strike. Try giving it a good cleaning and try a different brand.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 9:13:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 10mmillie:
Do you shoot the gun clean or is it dirty? I’ve got 3 of them and shoot minimags and Federal bulk pack and never had a light strike. Try giving it a good cleaning and try a different brand.
View Quote

I just bought it not maybe 200 through it but that was a struggle in frustration constantly clearing lite strikes
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 11:28:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 10mmillie:
Do you shoot the gun clean or is it dirty?
View Quote

Clean it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Polish the chamber.  I use Flitz on a barrel mop attached to a short cleaning rod.  I put the cleaning rod in a hand drill and spin the mop in the chamber.  Clean the Fliz out and my blow back 22’s perform much better.  If you don’t have a polishing compound you can use a brass brush with oil spun by a hand drill in the Chamber.   CMMG recommends this buzzing the chambers of their 22 LR AR-15 barrels to improve function.  Just don’t let your spinning bore brush get into the rifling.  

I use CLP on my 22 LR semi autos, not soaking but a couple of drops on the slide and frame rails.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:
Polish the chamber.  I use Flitz on a barrel mop attached to a short cleaning rod.  I put the cleaning rod in a hand drill and spin the mop in the chamber.  Clean the Fliz out and my blow back 22’s perform much better.  If you don’t have a polishing compound you can use a brass brush with oil spun by a hand drill in the Chamber.   CMMG recommends this buzzing the chambers of their 22 LR AR-15 barrels to improve function.  Just don’t let your spinning bore brush get into the rifling.  

I use CLP on my 22 LR semi autos, not soaking but a couple of drops on the slide and frame rails.
View Quote

I literally just did the exact same thing you recommended hopefully that works for the failure to extract
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:58:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: L119188] [#6]
I had similar issues with mine. The light strike issue was resolved with a Galloway spring kit. YMMV. Best way to deal with the golden bullets is to throw them in the nearest deep lake, they’re not known for their reliability. I’d start with 200 rounds of mini mags to break it in. Great pistol once you get the kinks worked out.

PS:it’s probably worth the $50 that Galloway charges to install the kit. It’s not an easy job.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By L119188:
I had similar issues with mine. The light strike issue was resolved with a Galloway spring kit. YMMV. Best way to deal with the golden bullets is to throw them in the nearest deep lake, they’re not known for their reliability. I’d start with 200 rounds of mini mags to break it in. Great pistol once you get the kinks worked out.

PS:it’s probably worth the $50 that Galloway charges to install the kit. It’s not an easy job.
View Quote

How would that compare to mcarbo? I've ordered from them before and been happy was looking between the 2 for a trigger and spring upgrade
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:42:35 AM EDT
[#8]
OP, have you tried the same ammunition in another gun on the same range trip?

I have noticed some rimfire is tempter sensitive.  March in the Midwest can be iffy temperature wise.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:22:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Ewald:
OP, have you tried the same ammunition in another gun on the same range trip?

I have noticed some rimfire is tempter sensitive.  March in the Midwest can be iffy temperature wise.
View Quote

This is a valid point. Rimfire can be more finicky in cold weather.

I had a 22 LCP myself that ran perfectly from day one, but the issues you describe sound pretty common.

I myself won’t own a gun that only functions when squeaky clean, though starting with a clean gun and CCI ammo is a good start.

It may work itself out over a few hundred rounds
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 4:52:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Galloway spring kit solves most of it
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 4:57:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Take all of the golden rem ammo and throw it in the trash. That should fix 98% of the issues.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
Take all of the golden rem ammo and throw it in the trash. That should fix 98% of the issues.
View Quote

Agreed. Remington Golden Bullet sucks, in my experience, for shooting in semi-auto .22 pistols. I only have 1 pistol that will run it somewhat reliably.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:56:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Mcarbo spring kit mcarbo trigger and ruger threaded barrel installed only had time to run 60rds of mini mags after work tonight still not 100% but better more testing to come.

Really is a surprisingly accurate little bastard
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 6:20:37 AM EDT
[#14]
My LCP 22 and a few of my other semi auto pistols love the Remington GB's.  Only downside on the LCP22 with them is you get peppered in the face when shooting suppressed.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:05:43 PM EDT
[#15]
@Iowaredneck

Any luck getting this to run? CDNN has the Hogue version of the LCP .22 on sale for $260 right now and I’m tempted.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:37:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Mine was a disaster before I installed the Galloway kit in it. Light strikes with all ammo, some worse than others. It has been 100% since the kit installation but I stick with the recommended CCI mini Mags these days. I carry it quite often on my walks around the neighborhood. It usually goes with me on any trip to the range. As stated above, accurate little bugger.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:24:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Iowaredneck] [#17]
Originally Posted By Nate19:
@Iowaredneck

Any luck getting this to run? CDNN has the Hogue version of the LCP .22 on sale for $260 right now and I’m tempted.
View Quote

Haven't had time for further testing I did get an extra power extractor spring I still need to install last run was much better but I still got 2 or 3 light strikes that went bang in another gun

I'd definitely get one at that price it's a fun accurate tiny little 22. The sights are not much I put a viridian green laser on it
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:17:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Have owned a lot of the small 22 pistols over the years, half a dozen at least.  None were 100% reliable.  All had definite ammo preferences.  And all wanted to be kept very clean and well oiled.  

Nature of the beast.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Ameshawki:
Have owned a lot of the small 22 pistols over the years, half a dozen at least.  None were 100% reliable.  All had definite ammo preferences.  And all wanted to be kept very clean and well oiled.  

Nature of the beast.
View Quote

I have an HP 22 that eats everything and I never clean it lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top