Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2023 11:44:24 AM EDT
Cabela's has a sale on the P22Q which got me looking at it, but I see all the issues that has been with the P22. Is the P22Q the same with the same issues or is it better?
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Both are awful.  Get a keltec p17 instead.  Or the ppq22
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 9:57:46 PM EDT
[#2]
What's the difference between the P22Q and PPQ22?
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 7:25:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thebert] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 243savage:
What's the difference between the P22Q and PPQ22?
View Quote

Size mostly but also trigger. The P22Q as far as I know is the same as the P22, they just added a Q to the name. P22Q is also hammer fired. The PPQ22 is the same as a full size PPQ, just .22. I have never shot one but supposedly the PPQ22 trigger is more like the full sized version which is very good.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thebert:

Size mostly but also trigger. The P22Q as far as I know is the same as the P22, they just added a Q to the name. P22Q is also hammer fired. The PPQ22 is the same as a full size PPQ, just .22. I have never shot one but supposedly the PPQ22 trigger is more like the full sized version which is very good.
View Quote

I’ve had a P22 for 2 decades with at least 5k rounds through it. Never a hiccup. Even used to own the long slide version and had no issues with it. Taught my daughter to shoot handguns with it yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:26:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I’ve got a P22 from the early 2000s that is not very reliable, especially suppressed.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 8:54:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve had a P22 for probably twenty years. Bought it for my kids to learn with. After a LONG break in period with Stingers, mini-mags, etc. - it will run reliably with anything now. Even crappy Remington Golden ammo that choke my Ruger MK II.

And the slide hasn’t even broken in half yet.

My wife got me a Walther PPQ 22 for Christmas this year. This PPQ feels like a much more substantial pistol. Only one range trip so far, but ran perfectly for 250 rounds with bulk box Aguila ammo. I really like it.

I guess I must be lucky.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top